Optoma HD23.....just bought one - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 08-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I am interested in hearing what people are saying now. Do you guys still have the rainbow affect? I just sold my house and I am planing for the next house. Is the HD23 worth the purchase?

My current house I had the HD20 and had no problem. I do have complete control over my light so I am worried as well that this might be just to bright.

Please let me know what you guys think about them after a couple months of use.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 08-24-2012, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

This (short) review was recently posted online.
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/projectors/optoma-hd23-1088286/review
I've just read it...full of pros with just a con about noise. How true is that? How big is the image quality jump from the earlier HD20?
post #33 of 35 Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 AM

Liked: 11
The HD20 and HD23 are both on my short list to replace my aging Panny AT-100u, however, I'm concerned that the HD23 may be too bright for my mancave but the HD20 has been out for over three years and I'd prefer to buy a newer model. Do either of these have Eco modes to lower the brightness or maybe a cinema setting of some kind to fit my needs? Any input would be welcome, thanks...
post #34 of 35 Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpolarin View Post

The HD20 and HD23 are both on my short list to replace my aging Panny AT-100u, however, I'm concerned that the HD23 may be too bright for my mancave but the HD20 has been out for over three years and I'd prefer to buy a newer model. Do either of these have Eco modes to lower the brightness or maybe a cinema setting of some kind to fit my needs? Any input would be welcome, thanks...

They should have same brightness in eco mode. With HD23 you get latest dark chip 3 also. My HD23 is not too bright in eco mode and black level is stunning in my dark projection room. Mind that lot of depends on type of screen you are using. Gray screen in light room may give you comparable black level as white matt screen in dark room.
post #35 of 35 Old 12-23-2012, 01:22 PM

Liked: 10
I just got my projector a week ago i installed it ceiling mount switched it on did not adjust anything and i must say the picture is awsome.
Very happy with my purchase the only thing i need now is a bigger screen 106" .
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleman206 View Post

I just picked up a new optoma HD23 off ebay for 850$+20$ shipping
. It was kind of a risk because I barely found anything info on the projector online, one cool thing though is that it has a 5 year color guarantee, which means it will look as good as the day you bought it. 2500 lumens,5000:1 contrast ratio for under 900$

I think is pretty sweet since I wanted to spend at most 1000$ bucks. So what do you guys think about this projector would you off jumped on this.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd23 Dlp Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page