AVS Forum banner

LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens.

408K views 2K replies 269 participants last post by  oscar.jimenez 
#1 ·
See less See more
#52 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22  /t/1405666/lg-pa70g-led-1280x800-700-lumens/30#post_22180077

Agreed, it has been like pulling nails to get info about these projectors for USA consumers. I have had to instead read German translations and u-tube videos. How about putting them up on their website and doing a bit of marketing of their new products. Also strange that only Adorama seems to carry the PA70G model. Does LG even want to sell these things?

I called adorama and spoke to some somewhat rude guy with a middle eastern accent, I was asking about the LG PB61U model, which in their website is listed as WXGA and 1024x768 ridiculous right? well, he admitted it was a misprint but he couldn't tell me anymore info and said it would take 3 weeks for delivery. Im telling you LG is better at keeping secrets than the obama white white house.

#53 ·
LG PB61U...I called the geniuses at LG support and was told by some ghetto sounding dude with an education of a 3rd grader that the PB60U was not a U.S. model because it's not on their website. He proceeded to point out what they have HX300g and HX350t, I told him those models are 2 years old and he got pissy when told him to how much of a loser he was. Told me if I bought a projector from Adorama they will not honor the warranty because it's illegal to sell foreign products in the U.S. and that Adorama is breaking the law. What a hostile bunch of dirt bags

#55 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004  /t/1405666/lg-pa70g-led-1280x800-700-lumens/30#post_22184474

I called adorama and spoke to some somewhat rude guy with a middle eastern accent, I was asking about the LG PB61U model, which in their website is listed as WXGA and 1024x768 ridiculous right? well, he admitted it was a misprint but he couldn't tell me anymore info and said it would take 3 weeks for delivery. Im telling you LG is better at keeping secrets than the obama white white house.

Lol, thanks for trying. I've been skeptical about some of the info/photos on the Adorama site and the availability. Been satisfied with my LG LCD TV, but seems like they have dropped the ball in terms of the US marketing of these new projectors. But they got the German market cornered with their "beamers".

#56 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougri  /t/1405666/lg-pa70g-led-1280x800-700-lumens/30#post_22185035

google and a tiny bit of ingenuity is your friend... the german lg site has a page up for the PA70G, and even has an English user manual for download:
http://www.lg.com/de/it-produkte/beamer/LG-led-beamer-PA70G.jsp

in short, it is indeed native WXGA, but only supports XGA 120Hz Frame Sequential in 3D.

Google what is that? Yeah, there is the German sourced info/specs along with various videos on YouTube in German. But I would like to purchase an LED projector this summer here in the USA, so it would be nice to know exactly which of the models will be offered here, when they will be offered, and hopefully get some independent writups on the offerings. I think part of the problem with the new LG models (and possibly the new Qumi Q5), is that (from what I read) there were some issues involved with components, and so perhaps that threw things off in terms of getting the various parts of the organizations aligned for a strong product release.

The sudden availability of the models on the Adorama site with some bad data/product photos has muddied the waters. (And turns out based on info from garibay, the projectors are not really available right now from Adorama but in several weeks.) Bottom line - regardless of what is on a foreign site or proposed releases, it would be nice to get some solid info from LG for the USA market. Instead it has been a slow drip of info.

#57 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22  /t/1405666/lg-pa70g-led-1280x800-700-lumens/30#post_22185349

Google what is that? Yeah, there is the German sourced info/specs along with various videos on YouTube in German. But I would like to purchase an LED projector this summer here in the USA, so it would be nice to know exactly which of the models will be offered here, when they will be offered, and hopefully get some independent writups on the offerings. I think part of the problem with the new LG models (and possibly the new Qumi Q5), is that (from what I read) there were some issues involved with components, and so perhaps that threw things off in terms of getting the various parts of the organizations aligned for a strong product release.

The sudden availability of the models on the Adorama site with some bad data/product photos has muddied the waters. (And turns out based on info from garibay, the projectors are not really available right now from Adorama but in several weeks.) Bottom line - regardless of what is on a foreign site or proposed releases, it would be nice to get some solid info from LG for the USA market. Instead it has been a slow drip of info.

thanks for speaking up for me, haha, I'll tell you LG has to be the worst company when it comes to marketing projectors, and tech support is horrendous, as everyone knows already, but I can't say I don't enjoy calling them and asking them about their projectors and then telling them how ignorant and clueless they are. I sold my 300T because I wanted to upgrade to something with better contrast, but it must have a built-in tuner, so my options are limited, 350T or PB61U, and from I gather, the 350T has identical specs as the 300T, so I guess I'll wait until someone buys the PB61U and shares his/hers findings or LG gets off their asses and post some real specs.

#58 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004  /t/1405666/lg-pa70g-led-1280x800-700-lumens/30#post_22186104

thanks for speaking up for me....

apologies if that seemed like an attack... not intended that way. I'm lost in the dearth of information on the new LG and Acer led & led/laser projectors and inadvertantly got the two confused in posting the manual. I too talked to LG US support (last week) and was told it was not a U.S. model and would not be covered under warranty. LG is a funny company in the U.S. I am extremely happy with the LG products I own (a washer/dryer pair & a 55LHX), but their product rollouts (especially in electronics) are haphazard at best. The 55LHX is a fantastic television that they never really advertised, had no marketing, and was basically hung on walls in Magnolia/Best-buy, hoping people would notice it and praying guys making $10 per hour would read the manual to set it up properly. The guys in the store were steering me toward 1st gen edge-lit samsungs and 5-yr old sony technology... said they had a better picture

#59 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougri  /t/1405666/lg-pa70g-led-1280x800-700-lumens/30#post_22186185

apologies if that seemed like an attack... not intended that way. I'm lost in the dearth of information on the new LG and Acer led & led/laser projectors and inadvertantly got the two confused in posting the manual. I too talked to LG US support (last week) and was told it was not a U.S. model and would not be covered under warranty. LG is a funny company in the U.S. I am extremely happy with the LG products I own (a washer/dryer pair & a 55LHX), but their product rollouts (especially in electronics) are haphazard at best. The 55LHX is a fantastic television that they never really advertised, had no marketing, and was basically hung on walls in Magnolia/Best-buy, hoping people would notice it and praying guys making $10 per hour would read the manual to set it up properly. The guys in the store were steering me toward 1st gen edge-lit samsungs and 5-yr old sony technology... said they had a better picture

haha, nah no worries, it's all in good fun, it's always nice to hear from other who share the love of electronics. I was given an LG tv last year 55lv5500 and loved until I tried using the HD tuner running it straight from my basic cable. non hd channels were ok but hd channels break up at any slight motion, totally unwatchable. LG finally agreed to send some local tech to check it out and the poor guy didn't even know how to work the remote. without any testing whatsoever told me it was a weak signal, I showed him the other tv's running from the same cable displaying HD just fine, but he said they were a different brand, I threw him out of my house. so LG refused to repair unless I had a notarized letter from the cable company stating the signal was strong enough, so that was that. loved my LG projector but I don't expect any customer support if I ever run into any problems. I have a horror story about a projector I sent in for software upgrade, but that another story.

#60 ·
(Sry for my english)

Since today im a owner of the PA70G

I made some vids for youtube here is the 1st one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpR_wgPlyRk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My personal Opinion:the pa70g is brighter then the HW300

But not so much that i can say its worth to buy it

In the brithes mode the brithness is good but the pa70g is in this

Mode toooooo loud

I wil give the pa70g back to my shop because my hw300 is good enough

#67 ·
is this the pico chip(pixels with a box with corners pointing up and down)?or grid of squares?

#69 ·
Thanks for taking the time to post the info and videos! It will be interesting to find over time, if any glitches or issues are found. Such as the prior aspect ratio issue or problems staying if focus etc. Hopefully most of those sort of problems found in the earlier generation projectors (LG and others) will be a thing of the past. If I can get a decent brightness and focus in my light control basement, without any weird issues, then seems like could be a nice projector for my usage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.