post #1081 of 2317 Old 12-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghump View Post

Thank you for the picture and information. Unfortunately the room is above the garage and the ceiling has no room above it as the roof is over there. So fishing the wires or hiding the power brick above the ceiling are ruled out. I might just have to find an elegant solution to keep the power brick visible below the ceiling itself. Anyone done something like this and provide some ideas?

Yeah, I'm used to velcro, I use it to attach the remotes on my tv's the back of unit, and I use it for all types of stuff. You might have to put 2 or 3 strips of velcro to back of power supply and press it next to ceiling mount or somewhere else that would look good, and do as the other guy just wrote, get an elegant extension cord, in white or color that would work for you. I even used velcro to attach powersupply of my ion htpc to the back of my 32 inch tv , so I do use it for all types of stuff. Maybe tie cords would work too, I use them too, and zip lock it in place with 3 or 4 zip ties. The zip ties would be more permanent solution compared to velcro, so you got choices. I like having the LG 70G free, so I can put it anyplace, but I'm like that with my bulb PJ too. But ceiling mount is cool too, take pictures of finished placement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 2317 Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
haha, I called LG today to inquire about the LG PB61U limited availability or being discontinued, and I knew I wouldn't get any concrete answers, I was connected to some dude in some basement in India and he refuse to even acknowledge that the PA75K even exists in Korea, I kept pushing and he kept telling his computer wasn't telling anything thing. why do I get the feeling these people @ customer support are locked up in some basement and are fed thru a hole in the wall. wonder if the only way to get answers from these guys is using enhanced interrogation techn:Diques, haha
post #1083 of 2317 Old 12-20-2012, 10:11 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tataniko View Post

I have lot of 3D mp4, mkv and avi, they are mostly 1080p side by side or over and under format. I have no problem with 3D at VGA 1280*768 resolution, only the brightness is a little weak for me at 100" screen, but finally I accepted.

How do you get the side by side format working on the LG? I thought only frame sequential works. When I push the 3d button on my remote, I still just see the two seperate images of sbs 3d movies.
post #1084 of 2317 Old 12-20-2012, 11:03 PM

Liked: 23
He's playing files from either his hard drive or a USB stick using Stereoscopic Player.

http://www.3dtv.at/Support/Index_en.aspx
post #1085 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Anyone using low cost screens such as spandex, blackout cloth with bungy cords or photography backdrop paper? I know this isn't the screen section, but was wondering if anyone had success with one of those options paired with this projector?
post #1086 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 04:22 AM

The facts:

- DLP HD Pico chipset has HDMI 1.3 limitation. That is the point.
- That's why most of HD Pico projectors via PC only support 3D in 1024x768.
- LG PA70G, Acer K330, Qumi Q2 support 3D in 1024x768 through VGA and HDMI fine.

*It is possible to achieve 3D 1280x720 and 1280x768 through VGA or HDMI with custom timings.
- Qumi Q2 is blurred,
- K330 is puzzled,
- but LG PA70G is good in 1280x768 via VGA.

Only you have an 120hz capable graphics card, and any 3D player. This my statement, it is nothing more.

Some people here is hanging brands and companies, likes Nvidia, Viewsonic or other. Their statements are different, because they use expensive third party controllers, instead of a PC solution, and they can achieve different 3D experience like a normal PC user. I am only speaking 3D via PC, and nothing more.
post #1087 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 04:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Well I was able to get TriDef 3D working with the PA70G on the VGA connection. biggrin.gif

For those that do not know TriDef can play photos, movies and games and can do on the fly 2D -> 3D media conversion.

In the display options I tried many and finally used Samsung & 3D Ready DLP (there are two options for L/R or R/L, you can try both).

My display is set at 1024x768@120Hz but I can run the games at 1280x720p@120Hz and they work fine even though TriDef tosses out a resolution warning (no monitor.inf file required).

I had to disconnect all displays from my video card and re-connect only the PA70G initially to get it all working, then I added each display back one at a time in order to get audio via HDMI to my game room AVR, wireless HDMI out to my HT and my game room pc monitor which is DVI to HDMI.

I bought a displayport -> VGA adapter to test and it would not allow me to send 120hz even though it should be capable.

Only real downside to using 60 Hz VGA is you lose the CMS, however we can still do 2 or 10 point grey scale in 60 Hz VGA Expert mode.

When sending 120 Hz it appears we lose all video calibration options and the projector takes over assuming it will only be doing 3D with the 120Hz signal.

I also discovered that an area of my image that I thought was uneven focus (top right corner when inverted) actually turned out to be a smudge on the lens that must have come from the factory rolleyes.gif. A quick wipe with a camera safe lens cloth and my focus is now nearly equal corner to corner.

All in all it was a good test session with solid progress and I am feeling much better about this as a daily use display for the whole family.

Jason
post #1088 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 04:54 AM

mad.gif

post #1089 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post

How do you get the side by side format working on the LG?

There are many 3D formats, you have to know your 3D films original format. After that, you have to convert on fly from one format to another one.

Example: 3D film is side by side format,
- this is the input format
- you have to put output format 3D DLP link, or Software Pageflipping.

If you never seen a correct 3D DLP link screen for projector, here is a small program, which is good for beginners and this is a reference for good 3D DLP link and active glasses. You have to achieve 120fps in this virtual reality program, otherwise you can not see a proper 3D screen.

Thanks the VIC20 from unity3D forum, who created this program.
http://www.hessburg.com/ShutterGlassesTest.zip
post #1090 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bony View Post

tatinko what 3d glasses do you use?Some from lg?For example, these can be active LG AG-S350?Or are some cheaper? Thank you in advance for the answer.Čau.
Dear bony, how are you, I am happy long friendship with you. It is wonderful country, I was many times.

I am using a FX-30 universal glasses, it was 23USD.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121001808309?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I think this has one of the best price/performance ratio.
post #1091 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 05:24 AM

mad.gif

post #1092 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrash View Post

..people should keep in mind that "YOU" TATANIKO" was the one saying that 1280x720@120Hz was blurry and unwatchable via VGA or HDMI on your Vivitek Qumi, Acer K330 and on your LG PA70G. That it could not be done, even though other posters were clearly stating they were doing so on the Qumi and K330. So the fact that Tataniko has had and is having problems with 3D at 1280x720@120Hz via VGA and HDMI...
I think you have no real experience about K330 and Qumi Q2 120Hz, sorry. You mixed a salad here, thanks because I am vegan, but you have to learn more, because you have no real practice and experience yet to prepare a delicious one.

Tataniko was that man, who firstly achieved 120Hz 720p on Qumi Q2 and K330, made Qumi article on Wiki and fully dissembled K330. Pictures of Qumi suffered font issue, K330 was puzzled. That was long time ago with stock firmware. Also he tested fully capability of LG PA70G 3D with stock firmware, and shared his good experience with everybody completely free almost two months ago, and given a simple full PC solution .

So, please say hello and thanks to Santa, and forget all mixed things in your mind.
post #1093 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Tataniko Any experience with Windows 8 and getting a driver to digitally sign for 3d. Works for windows 7 but not 8
using the LGE.inf file. Any suggestions would be great. And yes you are Santa to me and the Q5.

Thanks Greg

Specialize in maximizing performance on a beer budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #1094 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004 View Post

haha, I called LG today to inquire about the LG PB61U limited availability or being discontinued, and I knew I wouldn't get any concrete answers, I was connected to some dude in some basement in India and he refuse to even acknowledge that the PA75K even exists in Korea, I kept pushing and he kept telling his computer wasn't telling anything thing. why do I get the feeling these people @ customer support are locked up in some basement and are fed thru a hole in the wall. wonder if the only way to get answers from these guys is using enhanced interrogation techn:Diques, haha

Yeah, LG support when calling them is not that good, we know more about this device than tech support. smile.gif

I ordered this pc mini computer, pc on a stick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST7J6aUlgFw This video shows the one I'm getting. It will use the hdmi port and you can surf the web, and play games and watch movies. This video shows the guy placing it on a PJ! I plan to use it on my bulb PJ and this 70g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR4GMYH8ebo For 35 dollars, it comes with wifi, mouse/keyboard support, and it can be powered by usb port on PJ. So you might not need the PA75K. Now if the PA75K was 450 dollars and fry's was selling it today, I would buy it, but they don't, and who knows how long it will take to get to USA. So for 35 dollars you have your 70G wifi-ed with android, Linux, or xbmc on a stick.
post #1095 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1292 View Post

Tataniko Any experience with Windows 8 and getting a driver to digitally sign for 3d. Works for windows 7 but not 8 using the LGE.inf file. Any suggestions would be great. And yes you are Santa to me and the Q5.
Thanks Greg
I am very happy for that.

I had many problems on Windows 8 64 bit, especial freezes and unsigned drivers.
So, I switched back Windows 8 32 bit, and there is no problems anymore.

Fortunately, Andrea from itsec.it understood how MS restricted 4GB memory limit in Master Boot Sector, and now we can use Windows 7/8 32 bit "unlimited" memory with his bootkit. Please be careful, because it is not UEFI/Secure boot compatible, and sometimes it is not working AHCI mode, only IDE.

http://www.itsec.it/download/BootkitInstaller.zip
post #1096 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 10:09 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

Yeah, LG support when calling them is not that good, we know more about this device than tech support. smile.gif
I ordered this pc mini computer, pc on a stick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST7J6aUlgFw This video shows the one I'm getting. It will use the hdmi port and you can surf the web, and play games and watch movies. This video shows the guy placing it on a PJ! I plan to use it on my bulb PJ and this 70g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR4GMYH8ebo For 35 dollars, it comes with wifi, mouse/keyboard support, and it can be powered by usb port on PJ. So you might not need the PA75K. Now if the PA75K was 450 dollars and fry's was selling it today, I would buy it, but they don't, and who knows how long it will take to get to USA. So for 35 dollars you have your 70G wifi-ed with android, Linux, or xbmc on a stick.

Thanks for the information. I just spent a couple hours researching every review on Amazon for mini pc, Uhost, MK, and I think I'm going to get the iMito MX1. Seems the common complaint with the MK, and Uhost is wifi drop outs. The iMito was praised in every review I read. Dual Core, Jelly Bean, 1g ram 8g flash with sd slot for up to 32g. Bluetooth & wifi. 1080p, and 3d support. $68 Amazon.
post #1097 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahur View Post

Thanks for the information. I just spent a couple hours researching every review on Amazon for mini pc, Uhost, MK, and I think I'm going to get the iMito MX1. Seems the common complaint with the MK, and Uhost is wifi drop outs. The iMito was praised in every review I read. Dual Core, Jelly Bean, 1g ram 8g flash with sd slot for up to 32g. Bluetooth & wifi. 1080p, and 3d support. $68 Amazon.

Yeah, the mx2 is a good PC on a stick. If I didn't get the uhost1 for 34 dollars, I would pick up the mk2. Maybe if you do get it, lets compare notes on how it works with the 70G.

Ok, guys, just replaced my PA70G with a new PA70G, both manufacture date nov 2012. With the one I return, I already told you all that the whole picture was in focus, but, when I got to around 70-80 inch screen I couldn't get the focus wheel to go any further.

On the NEW model, the focus is Excellent across the whole screen and I CAN focus past the 100 inch screen, and I have play in it, so I can find the sweet spot. So I got both an Excellent focused picture, I mean really focused, and I have play in the focus wheel so I can go to 140 inch screen sizes. I'm happy. Hope you guys get a unit that works for you out of the box and has excellent focus and focus wheel play.

I was hoping the NEW unit wouldn't suffer from uneven focus or focus wheel limitation, and I got lucky. So those with focus issues, complain to LG so they make the production plant know to double check focus on the units, so future guys get working unit. That is the ONLY problem I can see with the PA70G first production focus issues.

When you get your units do the PICTURE WIZARD II setup to get correct calibration, then put a HDTV next to 70G and put same movie/tv show on and calibrate the 70G until you get at least as good an image on the 70G as the hdtv. I ran a 20 min tv clip on both so both showed the same picture for 20 mins, and could get color, sharpness, contrast, etc, perfect.
post #1098 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 11:42 AM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tataniko View Post

There are many 3D formats, you have to know your 3D films original format. After that, you have to convert on fly from one format to another one.
Example: 3D film is side by side format,
- this is the input format
- you have to put output format 3D DLP link, or Software Pageflipping.
If you never seen a correct 3D DLP link screen for projector, here is a small program, which is good for beginners and this is a reference for good 3D DLP link and active glasses. You have to achieve 120fps in this virtual reality program, otherwise you can not see a proper 3D screen.
Thanks the VIC20 from unity3D forum, who created this program.
http://www.hessburg.com/ShutterGlassesTest.zip

There is no such thing as 3D DLP Link format.<
DLP Link refers to the method used to sync the shutter glasses with the video frames.

Here is a qoute from your post in the Qumi thread
"Any 120hz capable graphics card can do it, 720p@120hz means 3D Ready, but I guess this was a marketing trick from Vivitek, because 720p@120hz is absolutly unwatch-able and blurred."
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1304775/vivitek-qumi-led-1280x800/1710#post_21082872 post #1724

The sad thing is you claim to be the first to get 3D working at 1280x720P@120Hz on the Qumi Q2 and Acer K330 when in fact you were not.
You kept claiming it was bad/blurred/unwatchable while others previously had posted that they were doing 3D with no problem s at 720P and even at 1280x800@120Hz.

I don't think you're stupid by any means, but you do have issues. Anyone that's read these LED Projector threads, knows that you have been a source of much disinforfomation. I thought it was more to do with the language barrier and the cross translation. But your off the wall replies to anyone pointing out facts that contradict you, only shows your blatant disregard for the truth. zombie10k, 3DNewb and RusselBurrows among others were doing 3D on their LED projectors long before you, facts are facts.
post #1099 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 11:50 AM

GUYS!!! I NEED some advice...

I have 3 choices and I was hoping you could give me some input

choice 1....buy the LG PA70G and the Channel Master HD tuner (125.00)

choice 2...but the PB61U (HD tuner built-in)

choice 3..Wait for the next generation PA70U that will have a built-in tuner, but probably 900-1000+ dollars

***I must have a tuner since I don't have a cable box

***I have a rain check from frys for the 399 price

so, all considered, what do you guys think? thank you for your comments:D
post #1100 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 11:54 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

Yeah, the mx2 is a good PC on a stick. If I didn't get the uhost1 for 34 dollars, I would pick up the mk2. Maybe if you do get it, lets compare notes on how it works with the 70G.
Ok, guys, just replaced my PA70G with a new PA70G, both manufacture date nov 2012. With the one I return, I already told you all that the whole picture was in focus, but, when I got to around 70-80 inch screen I couldn't get the focus wheel to go any further.
On the NEW model, the focus is Excellent across the whole screen and I CAN focus past the 100 inch screen, and I have play in it, so I can find the sweet spot. So I got both an Excellent focused picture, I mean really focused, and I have play in the focus wheel so I can go to 140 inch screen sizes. I'm happy. Hope you guys get a unit that works for you out of the box and has excellent focus and focus wheel play.
I was hoping the NEW unit wouldn't suffer from uneven focus or focus wheel limitation, and I got lucky. So those with focus issues, complain to LG so they make the production plant know to double check focus on the units, so future guys get working unit. That is the ONLY problem I can see with the PA70G first production focus issues.
When you get your units do the PICTURE WIZARD II setup to get correct calibration, then put a HDTV next to 70G and put same movie/tv show on and calibrate the 70G until you get at least as good an image on the 70G as the hdtv. I ran a 20 min tv clip on both so both showed the same picture for 20 mins, and could get color, sharpness, contrast, etc, perfect.

Seems about the only difference I could find between the MX1 and MX2, is the 2 has vents in the case for heat dissipation.
I'm glad you got a good LG. I'm also glad I got lucky too. I'm projecting 150 inches with a little play left. I put in Avatar last night and I was really blown away. 2d, and it almost looked 3d. I thought I was in the jungle on Pandora, since the picture takes up most of the 13 ft by 8 ft wall. Amazing.
post #1101 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghump View Post

Can anyone who has ceiling mounted this projector share how to deal with the power brick? The cord is not long enough to keep the power brick on the floor when projector is mounted on the ceiling. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If you want an elegant solution, you could build a DC extension cable. Use this table if you can figure out if it is 12VDC or 24VDC: http://www.windsun.com/Hardware/Wire_Table.htm
LG's spec data says that it uses 120W of power. The data in the table tells you how many feet you can go per current / voltage level.
post #1102 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 03:06 PM

Also wanted to link this to the thread:
Viewsonics VP3D1
http://www.amazon.com/View-Sonic-Video-Processor-VP3D1/dp/B004ULPF50/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Like the OPTIMA Box:
http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-3D-XL-Converter-Video-Gaming/dp/B0047ZH3CW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Converts HDMI 1.4a to HDMI 1.3 so you can use the projector in 3D. Only linking it so I do not have to look it up again later. I've been itching between going with 3D TV or 3D Projector, though likely it will be next year before I do.
post #1103 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 PM

I noticed the "vertical aperture cover" which pawel (post 760, post 766) thinks to be a fail.
Does everyone have this?

post #1104 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Ale View Post

Anyone using low cost screens such as spandex, blackout cloth with bungy cords or photography backdrop paper? I know this isn't the screen section, but was wondering if anyone had success with one of those options paired with this projector?

black out cloth works great with this projector, I bought the cheapest, more stretchy and lighter in weight, it was a light gray color, off-white. it worked great but I found a cheap stewart screen locally and upgraded, it looks better but the blackout cloth was also good
post #1105 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartz7 View Post

I noticed the "vertical aperture cover" which pawel (post 760, post 766) thinks to be a fail.
Does everyone have this?

isn't how they achieve better contrast, not saying it's right but I thought I read that somewhere, I'll read the posts again
post #1106 of 2317 Old 12-21-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004 View Post

isn't how they achieve better contrast, not saying it's right but I thought I read that somewhere, I'll read the posts again
\

I see what you mean, I went and read his posts...I haven't see any updated posts, I had the PA70 and returned it because of the focus issue, LG won't do anything to fix the issue, I bet if you call tech support they will claim they never heard of any focusing issues. I also had and returned the first HW300T because of the stretching issue, LG never accepted responsibility for that flaw and I think there are HW300 and HW350 owners out there with defective units. pathetic:mad:
post #1107 of 2317 Old 12-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
So the moral of the story with this projector, buy 3 and hope one has acceptable focus then return the other two. Restocking fee, chalk it up the the cost of doing business on this one.
post #1108 of 2317 Old 12-22-2012, 04:01 AM

mad.gif

post #1109 of 2317 Old 12-22-2012, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrash View Post

There is no such thing as 3D DLP Link format...The sad thing is you claim to be the first to get 3D working at 1280x720P@120Hz on the Qumi Q2 and Acer K330 when in fact you were not...I don't think you're stupid by any means, but you do have issues. Anyone that's read these LED Projector threads, knows that you have been a source of much disinforfomation...
Why such people like tataniko can make a lot of spam here, and why can he mislead or disinformation others? I had read all post from him, thanks Rugrash, and I can confirm: tataniko's posts and solutions is not working, and he is misleading the others here. My advise: stay away tataniko's posts and solutions, because it is stolen and fake.

Sorry man, but I can not help you, because you are not controlling yourself anymore, and your energy comes from pushing down others to ground. You have to change your mind's attitude from hate and proud to sacrifice and help, until, you are similar like Agent Smith (The Matrix), nothing more. I am really sorry your pains, but I can not help you.
post #1110 of 2317 Old 12-22-2012, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Ale View Post

So the moral of the story with this projector, buy 3 and hope one has acceptable focus then return the other two. Restocking fee, chalk it up the the cost of doing business on this one.

LOL!
You might get more than you bargained for and get 3 excellent focused units. smile.gif
We all understand the frustration and anxiety of not knowing if we will get a "focused" unit.
That is why I hope that every single person who buys one, comes here and tells us how their unit is.
I am also hoping for the day when everybody comes and says all of the new ones are focused.
Then we can put this issue to rest.

Now, all of the people with unfocused units should call LG and Fry's and tell them the problem. And not accept any restocking fee. If the unit is defective and a number of us send it back for FOCUS issue, fry's should call LG and complain and tell them to get their act together.

I know I was frustrated in wondering if I would get focused unit. I didn't buy it 3 months ago because people were reporting this focus issue. I thank all you guys that alerted us to the problem, and the actions you took. This is a good forum room. I did finally order one the beginning of dec, and the picture was in focus but focus wheel was no right. My second unit I just got is working great.

Now, I am grateful to all you guys, really! Because some of you guys came and alerted us to problem, and the newer guys reporting they are getting focused units now.!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Projectors , Samsung 700 Lumens Xga Dlp Projector Sph710ae
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page