LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens. - Page 73 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2161 of 2318 Old 05-24-2013, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I recently bought this LGGPA70g projector and have been using fine for last few months , but suddenly it started behaving weirdly , when i switch on the power button from back it turns on It shows the video for few seconds and immediately it switches off as if the input video is not connected ,the video source is connected all the time and playing the source ( VGA from my laptop) So i am not able to use the projector at all.

Not sure what happened . Can anybody please help me to fix the issue ?

I bought this from Frys and i dont have the receipt anymore , when contacted with LG Support they say i need to send with the receipt ?? Normally if a product is under warranty , just with a serial no , we can get it repaired but dont know why LG has this weird practice .

Thanks in Advance,
Poongundran A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2318 Old 05-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poongundran View Post

Hi All,

I recently bought this LGGPA70g projector and have been using fine for last few months , but suddenly it started behaving weirdly , when i switch on the power button from back it turns on It shows the video for few seconds and immediately it switches off as if the input video is not connected ,the video source is connected all the time and playing the source ( VGA from my laptop) So i am not able to use the projector at all.

Not sure what happened . Can anybody please help me to fix the issue ?

I bought this from Frys and i dont have the receipt anymore , when contacted with LG Support they say i need to send with the receipt ?? Normally if a product is under warranty , just with a serial no , we can get it repaired but dont know why LG has this weird practice .

Thanks in Advance,
Poongundran A

Did you buy it from fry's.com, I'm thinking they would have reciept online. If you bought it in store, if you used credit card, it should show on credit card and then call fry's and they should be able to pull up reciept.
If you payed by cash in store, don't know, do you have fry's box or sticker. You should be covered for 2 years , fry's should have serial number of your unit, or they should tell by serial number that it was sold to fry's store.
Call fry's and see what they say.

Trouble shooting your PJ, unplug it for 5 mins and try it again with just usb stick in unit and see if it works. Get creative about troubleshooting. Also, you should tell us the steps you used to troubleshoot. Also, did you use your PJ and give it plenty of space to breath, not covering side vents. Good luck.
post #2163 of 2318 Old 05-24-2013, 05:57 PM

Thanks for your advice Rgtaa, i bought this projector through one of my friend in texas , i am in boston , did not want to bother him again . Anyways if i dont have any other option i need to do that.

The vents are clear i am projecting from a Tripod and i plugged just a usb with media as well the same happens , it switches off immediately.

I havent done any troubleshooting other than switching on and off several times , because it switches off immediately , i dont have a way to do something with the menu option or something.
post #2164 of 2318 Old 05-25-2013, 04:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poongundran View Post

Thanks for your advice Rgtaa, i bought this projector through one of my friend in texas , i am in boston , did not want to bother him again . Anyways if i dont have any other option i need to do that.

The vents are clear i am projecting from a Tripod and i plugged just a usb with media as well the same happens , it switches off immediately.

I havent done any troubleshooting other than switching on and off several times , because it switches off immediately , i dont have a way to do something with the menu option or something.

I would think you have to call your friend, or you could void your warranty if you deal with LG without knowing some things or registoring it if he already did.
Sounds like your unit is not working, if it turns off after a few seconds. I dont' know if there is reset switch somewhere.
Don't call LG until you know these things and don't tell them you bought it second hand. I wouldn't even registor it online until I knew whether the other guy did it already.
To everybody else who buys second hand PJ, get a copy of reciept from orginal owner of PJ and ask if he registored it or repaired it already under warranty. You got to know that info before calling LG. If never registored and you have copy of reciept you should be able to registor at time when you need to have it repaired, not before, because you can sell it again at higher value if it has some "warranty left on it" and it was NEVER registored.
post #2165 of 2318 Old 05-28-2013, 02:31 AM

Hi All,

Could you please write one by one custom settings for pa70g for best resolution. And settings version info vs.. for steoroscopic player. I tried a lot of thing to solve jittering problem but I could not.
Thanks,
post #2166 of 2318 Old 05-30-2013, 10:26 PM

Liked: 13
$399 @frys in store only, for anyone still playing russian roulette with this projector:eek:
post #2167 of 2318 Old 06-07-2013, 01:52 AM

Hi All,

Is there anyone using this converter or having information is it really working or not
DLP 3D Converter 2x1 HDMI 1.4 For 120Hz 3D Ready DLP Projector

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171040422809&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Thanks,
post #2168 of 2318 Old 06-07-2013, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiobjk View Post

Hi All,

Is there anyone using this converter or having information is it really working or not
DLP 3D Converter 2x1 HDMI 1.4 For 120Hz 3D Ready DLP Projector

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171040422809&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Thanks,

Maybe do a google search on that model, it's a:

YOUTING V3D-P 3D Converter

Not much on it, a china product, I see a number of china type companies trying to sell it. Maybe one of our members bought it, I don't know.
post #2169 of 2318 Old 06-07-2013, 04:03 PM

Thanks for picture of your ceiling mount. Can you tell me what brand/model/manufacturer you used for ceiling mount or do you think I can use any ceiling mount? LG chat support said the pa70g couldn't be ceiling mounted...obviously they don't know. I want to ceiling mount mine, but am not overlie techie, & want to make sure it will work out OK. thanks for your help.
post #2170 of 2318 Old 06-07-2013, 07:37 PM

right. I can maybe hold out until end of summer, then will want to go with either an LED projector or regular TV. lJNb
post #2171 of 2318 Old 06-08-2013, 04:55 PM

Liked: 11
How bright is the 3d mode? and how big of screen do you use for 3d?
post #2172 of 2318 Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 AM

I'm planning to buy my own LG LED projector. May be its PA75U or PA70G as both has the same base level hardware for brightness. Now I would like to make sure that I don't get an demo product or the product which is used for a while even 2 days. There is a higher probability I may get a used product. Is there a way or by log I can see if the lamp is used before. I have heard that lamp usage hours are logged by the projector. I have read the PA70G user manual but I couldn't see something which answers my query.
post #2173 of 2318 Old 06-10-2013, 01:51 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007india View Post

I'm planning to buy my own LG LED projector. May be its PA75U or PA70G as both has the same base level hardware for brightness. Now I would like to make sure that I don't get an demo product or the product which is used for a while even 2 days. There is a higher probability I may get a used product. Is there a way or by log I can see if the lamp is used before. I have heard that lamp usage hours are logged by the projector. I have read the PA70G user manual but I couldn't see something which answers my query.
You can see number of hours in service menu. You can find tutorial here how to enter to the service menu. smile.gif
post #2174 of 2318 Old 06-10-2013, 04:34 AM

Please let me know the post number. I couldn't find it. How to enter service menu? Is it commong for all LG LED models?
post #2175 of 2318 Old 06-10-2013, 04:38 AM
post #2176 of 2318 Old 06-10-2013, 08:43 PM

So you can force 120hz with EDID hacks to make Nvidia 3d vision work with lots of displays

What about the LG series of DLP 3D Projectors? I am getting the HDMI 1.4 standard LG PA75U unit and In the manual it supports single frame sequential and tons of other modes for 3d as well SBS T&B Field Alt, etc… Will using an EDID hack or bending the EDID pins work with any projector? Even the LG one I mentioned? I wonder if the PA75U supports undocumented 120hz modes like the Older HDMI 1.3 series LG PA70G… Any info would be awesome! thanks guys!
post #2177 of 2318 Old 06-11-2013, 04:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Hi Pawel long time no see hope your doing well.
Have you checked out these new projectors ? the LGPA75U ? and the new Vivtek Qumi 7 ?
From what someone said on that thread the Qumi 7 might have a glass lens.
Hope you can give us your input on what that means in picture quality.
post #2178 of 2318 Old 06-15-2013, 02:32 AM

Liked: 21
my setting to boost the lumen's out of the projector ( what works good for me does not work good for you )

PC HD6950 calibration

Picture Mode : Expert 1
1- Contrast = 85
2- Brightness = 45
3- H sharpness = 85
4- V sharpness = 100
5- Color = 45
6- Tint = 0

Expert Control
1- Black Level = High
2- Color Temp = Cool
3- Gamma = 2.2 or 2.4 better resolution feels .
4- Red Contrast = 45
5- Green Contrast = 45
6- Blue Contrast = 45

Red Brightness = 10
Green Brightness = 15
Blue Brightness = 20
jetts and Matt Baldwin like this.
post #2179 of 2318 Old 06-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
well my LG pa70g projector has a 5-6 inch blurry line through it on all inputs. I purchased back in march. not happy at all ,now I will have to probably send it in to get it fixed. mad.gif
post #2180 of 2318 Old 06-28-2013, 12:26 AM

A quick question. Is it worthy to upgrade this projector LG PA70G for an Benq W1070 for my dedicated theater room which is made as dark as possible. I find the darks of the LG PA70G a little to greyish and would like to have more blacks, and better colors then I am getting know. Also because in November I will receive an PS4 and want to connect it to my home cinema set and on this projector, thats why I want FULL HD 1080P and also for movies because of the 3D effect.

Kind regards,
DJXFMA
post #2181 of 2318 Old 06-28-2013, 02:11 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyravers View Post

A quick question. Is it worthy to upgrade this projector LG PA70G for an Benq W1070 for my dedicated theater room which is made as dark as possible. I find the darks of the LG PA70G a little to greyish and would like to have more blacks, and better colors then I am getting know. Also because in November I will receive an PS4 and want to connect it to my home cinema set and on this projector, thats why I want FULL HD 1080P and also for movies because of the 3D effect.

Kind regards,
DJXFMA

you better wait Cedia 2013 on Sept
more am excited Optoma HD91 with LED 1080p and FI

the difference between PA70 and W1070 is like day and night ( I believe - never seen W1070 in action - not sure about the black level if not close )
with PS4 you going to spend alot of time ( you better go lamp-free )
and at PS4 released time there will be some option to look at what Cedia brigs out ( Optoma HD91 confirmed )

good luck smile.gif
post #2182 of 2318 Old 07-04-2013, 04:59 PM

My remote is not working. I used it two days ago and it was working fine. I mounted my projector to the ceiling today and it's not responding.
I read about blowing compressed air into the audio and head phone jack in the back. ( that was for a LGTV). Has anyone had this problem and what is the solution.
I have had this projector for over a year and love it, so I hope there is a quick fix
post #2183 of 2318 Old 07-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpack84 View Post

My remote is not working. I used it two days ago and it was working fine. I mounted my projector to the ceiling today and it's not responding.
I read about blowing compressed air into the audio and head phone jack in the back. ( that was for a LGTV). Has anyone had this problem and what is the solution.
I have had this projector for over a year and love it, so I hope there is a quick fix

I'm sure it is obvious, you did try a couple of sets of new batteries. I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but, since you didn't mention, that you did try 2 or 3 sets of batteries, figured I would say. In a way, if anyone has some problem, it is good practice to say the trouble-shooting you did, so, we don't have to say simple stuff like that.
I'm not sure I would be blowing compressed air into this PJ bro, unless, LG tells you to do it, it could be your remote went bad, if you have one of those universal remotes, maybe plug LG code for the pa70g into it and see if that works.
Don't panic and take the pa70g apart! smile.gif
Maybe list all your trouble shooting stuff in order, and maybe one of the other guys can also suggest stuff.
I guess also make sure the sensor is not blocked, I think it's that plastic thing on back of unit, not sure, if mounted, is it against the wall, maybe it can't get the beam from remote, don't know, but something to test.
post #2184 of 2318 Old 07-04-2013, 06:11 PM

Thanks rgtaa,

The only trouble shooting I've done is to change the batteries. I even put the batteries in another remote and they worked in that remote.
The ideal of blowing air came from another site and that was for a LG TV.

Is that the IR the plastic thing on the back? It is mounted a foot from the wall and I put the remote a inch away from the unit to test that. Still the remote should work from any angle, right?
post #2185 of 2318 Old 07-04-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpack84 View Post

Thanks rgtaa,

The only trouble shooting I've done is to change the batteries. I even put the batteries in another remote and they worked in that remote.
The ideal of blowing air came from another site and that was for a LG TV.

Is that the IR the plastic thing on the back? It is mounted a foot from the wall and I put the remote a inch away from the unit to test that. Still the remote should work from any angle, right?

I have the PA75U but I believe it's physically the same as the 70U. The sensor for the remote receiver is on the back of the projector right next to the HDMI input and it's a small round white thing. Is something blocking it...like the hdmi cable maybe?

Also, my owners manual warns of interference with the remote if a light fixture with certain types of electronic ballast are in close proximity. That would normally be an older style of florescent fixture.
post #2186 of 2318 Old 07-04-2013, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyravers View Post

A quick question. Is it worthy to upgrade this projector LG PA70G for an Benq W1070 for my dedicated theater room which is made as dark as possible.

I was planning to buy the LG, but found out its TV tuner is not compatible in Australia. So I went to the dark side (or bright side) and bought the 1070. Very happy with its image quality and I think I will never go back to the LED.

Well, unless someone bring out a 1080p LED with 2000 lumen for under 1k. Wishful thinking for the next few years, hope not. As long as 4k bulb PJ is above $3k, they will still milk on the pathetic 720p for as long as possible.
post #2187 of 2318 Old 07-05-2013, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22 View Post

Nice, from your link:

"LG has confirmed it is temporarily suspending its range of projectors, following issues with component supply from the Far East."

I got a feeling this summer when my basement finishing is completed, I will be going with a regular TV, rather than an LED projector. With the pico size obsession and these sorts of issues, waiting for a reasonable LED projector has become a bit of a joke. The funny thing is, I don't need huge light output or great specs - but I do need something that is quiet, can stay in focus and does not have weird issues such as image stretching or problems with heat dissipation.

Some marketing persons must have decided LED projectors won't sell unless coupled with these darn pico sizes. Fine, looks like I won't be getting an LED projector anytime soon, because I could care less if the projector is palm sized.
But i want a 1280x1960 one like thatU8XIT.
post #2188 of 2318 Old 07-06-2013, 09:10 AM

Still no luck in getting the remote to respond. I guess I need to call LG or by a universal remote?
post #2189 of 2318 Old 07-06-2013, 03:21 PM

I use my Logitech to control my LGPA70 without a hitch. I have had mine mounted for a while now and have nothing but praise for it. Friends cannot believe the picture quality and the wife had a girls night and they all loved it. Paired with the Onkyo I have achieved the setup in my man cave that I had wanted along with air hockey table. Have a side by side fridge ordered and hope to have a urinal installed in the bath room. My kids bring their friends over to watch and I provide movie snacks and pop corn. Nothing fancy but we all love it! I have a BRDVD, ROKU and DirectTv.
post #2190 of 2318 Old 07-09-2013, 07:14 PM

Liked: 23
I mentioned before that I had read that Texas Instruments 0.45 DMD chipset had a 912 x1140 mirror array.

Here's a video comfirming it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJo_MFjdk0w
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Projectors , Samsung 700 Lumens Xga Dlp Projector Sph710ae
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page