LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens. - Page 74 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2191 of 2337 Old 07-10-2013, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Its possible to make this projector in DLNA client?

Using wifi usb dongle, or usb lan...

Any ideas about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2337 Old 07-26-2013, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
new video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4PnmUmu5I

I buy a new phone and i take video.

pa70g 100" wide

Saludos
post #2193 of 2337 Old 07-26-2013, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKS45 View Post

Its possible to make this projector in DLNA client?

Using wifi usb dongle, or usb lan...

Any ideas about it?

Earlier in thread, I discussed the pc on a stick, android stick. It costs about 30 dollars, it comes with built in wifi, android and ability to root to xbmc and other stuff. It works, but I'm not using it much because in my room that has the pa70g I have regular PC hooked up to it and 360. But it's a pretty good way to see all the stuff on my network, surf the web, play games, ... you might want to check on newer versions of it. Or maybe chromecast for 35 dollars ( maybe wait to see what hackers can do with that device, just came out yesterday.
Maybe others will come up with other options for you too. They have newer quad core versions of what I bought, I bought the uhost 1A , just for your info, but if I was to buy again, I would get latest version of stuff that got good reviews.
Also, I have netbox type pc, that is very small and compact, that has windows 8 on it, so that is option too, I picked that up a year or so ago for 99 dollars from leveno center on clearance NEW. So there are cheap way to see everything on your network.
post #2194 of 2337 Old 07-26-2013, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
For any South Africans on this forum; Dion Wired is selling the PA70G @ R6000,00. It also comes with a pull-down screen valued at R1000,00. That looks like a great deal, but unfortunately I already bought one a while back at a higher price.
EDIT: Special ends on 6 August 2013
post #2195 of 2337 Old 07-28-2013, 03:12 AM

I own this projector for 10 days now and Im very happy about it, picture is great.

What Im confused about is A/V port.

For what is this port used?

Is the only way to connect projector to dvb-t receiver through 'VGA to component cable' or this A/V port can be used in some way?
post #2196 of 2337 Old 07-28-2013, 05:29 AM

The A/V port will give you 480i or 576i resolution.
It will be better to connect to the DVB-T receiver through HDMI or going the 'VGA to component cable' route. You can still use the A/V port to get Left+Right audio while using the VGA input.
post #2197 of 2337 Old 08-04-2013, 02:32 PM

I'm thinking on buying this projector, but what type of Projector Screen should I choose ?
16:9 will do ? Since this one as 16:10 projection ratio, wont it cause any issues ?
post #2198 of 2337 Old 08-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelios69 View Post

I'm thinking on buying this projector, but what type of Projector Screen should I choose ?
16:9 will do ? Since this one as 16:10 projection ratio, wont it cause any issues ?

Any widescreen will work. Look for sale on one, maybe get the PJ first then you can think about how big a screen size would work for you. It will look a lot better when you get a screen, I got a 80 inch epson dual 80 portable , that can also be wall mounted, and a favi 100 inch screen. I read the Amazon user reviews and checked their top 100 screens and then bought used epson 80 dual from B&H, and new 100 inch favi for 40 bucks on amazon 3rd party. So look for sales. Both screens have tripods and can be wall mounted, and so I can pack them up and travel or hang them from wall. I like the favi for home use.
post #2199 of 2337 Old 08-13-2013, 05:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi Smackdownfletch, well I got the LGPA75U just last week.
So far it's ok and it will have to do until the 1080P LED 3D projectors come out on the market for the poor man.
Games in this projector ? I am satisfied with the picture quality compared to my old LGHX300.
Built in TV picture quality ? well the larger the picture the more defects you see in the picture.
So long as it's ok for football watching.
I managed to get a decent picture with the movie the Passion of the Christ.
I tried my blueray Scrooge movie with Jim Carrey but I don't like the use it as a standard because of the type of CG they used in that movie.
I use Despicable Me and Finding Nemo as my standards but not happy with the results.
I think I will have to get bluerays of those movies to see.
Next movie I will test it out on is a DVD the movie Memoirs of a Geisha.
The settings on these projectors are crap so I use when it's through PC the Nvida card settings.
I managed to get a really nice picture with the movie the Passion of the Christ messing with the Gamma bar settings.
post #2200 of 2337 Old 08-15-2013, 03:47 PM

Hi, I'm having a problem with an annoying hum through my speakers when using the LG PA70G projector. This issue was posted earlier on a different thread by mistake, but I didn't get a solution. Here's my setup--I am using either a Sony Blu-ray or DirecTV receiver connected to the projector with an HDMI cable and using the headphone out jack to connect the audio to my receiver RCA jacks. When watching movie or DTV, there is a substantial hum coming from my speakers that adjusts up/down with the volume control of the amplifier or the projector. I tried 3 different HDMI cables to eliminate the potential problem of a bad cable. I also tried the A/V cable to connect to the projector and had the same results, so doesn't appear to be an input cable problem. So, I next removed the audio out cable from the headphone jack & instead connected the Blu-ray & DTV audio out directly to the amplifier. Again, the hum was still there. However, please note if I remove the video input cable (HDMI or A/V) or turn off the projector and just listen to the audio, the hum completely disappears. There does not appear to be any problem with my audio equipment. But, as soon as I turn the video back on, the hum returns. It's like I'm getting some kind of feedback from the video signal or there's a problem with the projector. Anybody got any idea what's going on? Hope someone has a solution as I love the projector but this hum is driving me nuts! Thanks for any help.
post #2201 of 2337 Old 08-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Some things to test to figure out where the hum is coming from.

Just use the pa70g with nothing attached except usb stick with videos on it, do you get hum through internal speakers?

Also , check volumes on all equipment, maybe set them to 30 percent, maybe volume on something is set too high to cause feedback.

If you get no hum with just pa70g and usb stick, then try headphones in audio out and see if you get hum. If no, then try pc usb type speakers using the audio out and see if you get hum.

Sounds like you are trying to isolate the problem, just start with pa70g alone, and then work with audio out, then use hdmi in to ect.

if you get hum from just pa70g and internal speakers with usb stick, then it's the pa70g. If you don't get hum with headphones and just usb stick, then audio out is ok. Let us know when you find the problem. Also, maybe set up pa70g in different room, with power coming from different room. Just things I usually check if I get audio hum. Also, remove other equipment that is near the pa70g, just to check it's not picking it up from other equipment. It could be bad cable or some setting is too high. Usually it's the cable when I have that problem or amplifier is set too high.
post #2202 of 2337 Old 08-15-2013, 05:00 PM

Hello!!

I cant play and 3d content with my pa70g. My PC is with amd 7950 and connected with projector by hdmi 1.4 cable. 1024x764 120hz and i got only error with tridef 3d and powerd dvd 13.

Any ideas?
post #2203 of 2337 Old 08-15-2013, 06:17 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll put a video clip on flash & give that a try. Not altogether sure what that's going to tell me or how that will solve my problem, but will do it & let you know. As a general statement, I don't notice the hum from the internal speakers. When I am bypassing the projector audio, I turn the pj volume to zero so I don't hear that tinny sound. When I use the headphone out, I turn the pj volume up so there will be some input to my amplifier. I have experimented with the pj volume from 0-100% and it just means I vary my amplifier volume control to reach the overall level I want. In any case, the volume of the hum matches the overall volume level no matter if it is from a high projector volume & low amp volume, or vice-versa. Yes, I've tried to isolate the problem..I just started by isolating that it was not my equipment problem. I can play the audio from Blu-ray or DTV through my equipment with no hum. The problem only occurs when I play the video signal through the projector. If I remove the video input (pull out the HDMI cable or the A/V input cable the hum stops even with the projector left on. The audio is then great--but of course, I don't have a picture. I'll also try moving the amplifier farther away from the projector. That makes the most sense if picking up some feedback. I've never heard of getting feedback due to the video signal, but that's the only thing that seems possible at this point. I have no other equipment running in that room, & no lights or other electric equipment on. Anyway, I'll try some more of these things & advise. Meanwhile I'm still open to suggestions. Thanks!
post #2204 of 2337 Old 08-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

the reason I started with usb stick video was to first check out your audio out, if the hum was coming from their or not.

just use 360 or ps3 or pc hdmi right into the pa70g with 6-9 foot hdmi cable of good quality. Just to see if your pa70g is the problem, then try headphones and different speakers out the audio out.
If you get hum from just 360/ps3/pc going into the back of the pa70g, after trying a few cables then it could be problem with pa70g. If you can get one working without hum, then it's not the pa70g.

I'm thinking it's some cable that works with some equipment and not with others. I had that problem with some of my hdmi cables, they work great on one hdmi hdtv, and not on another, I get hum or bad video. It happened with both my PJ's, that the problem was bad hdmi cable. Let us know if you find the problem and what you did to fix it, to help the other guys.
post #2205 of 2337 Old 08-16-2013, 03:39 PM

OK, so I tried the USB flash drive & had the same hum with the video. If I pause the video, I hear only hum. If I remove the USB drive & leave the pj turned on, there is no hum. Then I shut down my amplifier & plugged the USB back in & just listened to the pj internal speakers....I don't notice any hum coming from the projector internal speakers even adjusting the volume from low to high. Also hooked up headphones & didn't notice any hum. I don't have PS3, but have tried the Blu-ray,, the DirecTV, and an older VCR/DVD player. I have also alternated 3 different HDMI cables (including one fairly expensive Monster Cable) and also substituted A/V cables...all with the same result. Finally I moved my amplifier as far away as I could (about 15ft. was the best my cables would allow) and did not notice any difference in the hum. Again, whether I use the headphone out to my amplifier for audio or if I go directly from any of the sources to my amplifier, it makes no difference to the hum. It is always there if the projector is showing video. If the projector is turned on but the video source is not connected, the hum disappears. I'm now frustrated as it seems there is no problem with the cables, the amplifier, the speakers or even the projector.....but there seems to be some feedback problem that is caused by the video signal. Never heard of such a thing, but don't know what else to conclude. Does this make any sense?? Thanks
post #2206 of 2337 Old 08-16-2013, 04:41 PM

Hi, does the hum change in pitch or volume if you switch the LEDs between ECO mode and normal? The HX300G does exactly this, I assumed it was due to inadequate power supply smoothing.
post #2207 of 2337 Old 08-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borneo Diver View Post

OK, so I tried the USB flash drive & had the same hum with the video. If I pause the video, I hear only hum. If I remove the USB drive & leave the pj turned on, there is no hum. Then I shut down my amplifier & plugged the USB back in & just listened to the pj internal speakers....I don't notice any hum coming from the projector internal speakers even adjusting the volume from low to high. Also hooked up headphones & didn't notice any hum. I don't have PS3, but have tried the Blu-ray,, the DirecTV, and an older VCR/DVD player. I have also alternated 3 different HDMI cables (including one fairly expensive Monster Cable) and also substituted A/V cables...all with the same result. Finally I moved my amplifier as far away as I could (about 15ft. was the best my cables would allow) and did not notice any difference in the hum. Again, whether I use the headphone out to my amplifier for audio or if I go directly from any of the sources to my amplifier, it makes no difference to the hum. It is always there if the projector is showing video. If the projector is turned on but the video source is not connected, the hum disappears. I'm now frustrated as it seems there is no problem with the cables, the amplifier, the speakers or even the projector.....but there seems to be some feedback problem that is caused by the video signal. Never heard of such a thing, but don't know what else to conclude. Does this make any sense?? Thanks
Borneo

First line say you tried usb flash drive and had same hum. How could you if you just had pa70g and nothing else attached to it. Not sure if you understand troulbeshooting. I tried to share with you how simple troubleshooting should be. Focus on just pa70g at first, with nothing but usb stick with video. And your first line is I tried it and I get same hum. Do you really? nobody else does. smile.gif I would return pa70g if you do. smile.gif

Next would be add one little thing to you pa70g , with nothing else connected to the pa70g at ALL , add just "headphones". Do you get hum? yes or no.

If NO, your pa70g so far is working perfectly. ok.

Then take just the hdmi cable and use your pc, and internal pa70g speakers only. Do you get hum. yes or no If no, then your hdmi cable is good. Period. Nothing to do with hdmi.

At no point did I do anything with your amplifier, it's not plugged into pa70g. Do you get hum from anything I just suggested, if you do, your pa70g could be bad or bad hdmi cable. Any hum at this point? yes or no.

NOW, at this point, add cheap 10 dollar pc speakers , the type that uses the output /headphone jack . Do you get hum from using just those? yes or no.

Now the last step is your amplifier, if everything else checks out and you now know, no hum before I attach amplifier, but HUM after I attach it. Then trouble shoot just that component. Is it the cables going into amplifier, or setting on it, do you have different ways to get it going into the amplifier. I am writing this simple on purpose, because when I trouble shoot, that is how I do it. Because when it's all together and everything is hooked up, I have no idea where the problem is. So I break it down into super tiny pieces. Until the problem "shows up". You probably do the same as me, but when you wrote it was unclear of your steps. I have had hums in my equipment from time to time and it can be frustrating, good luck bro.
post #2208 of 2337 Old 08-17-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Hello!!

I cant play and 3d content with my pa70g. My PC is with amd 7950 and connected with projector by hdmi 1.4 cable. 1024x764 120hz and i got only error with tridef 3d and powerd dvd 13.

Any ideas?

I struggled the whole day trying to get my AMD HD7850 to work with TriDef on Windows 8.I also only got errors. Eventually I got it working.
- Connect a VGA cable to the PA70G projector.

- Extract the contents of the attached file to some location on your PC.

- (Skip this step if you don't have Windows 8). Point the mouse to the right corner and select 'Settings'. Click 'Change PC Settings'. Under 'General' select 'Restart Now'. Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings. Now restarrt. Once a menu is presented press F7.

-Go to 'Device Manager'. Under 'Monitors' double click the LG Projector's monitor(Probably shows up as Generic PnP Monitor). Click on the Driver Tab. Click the 'Update Driver' button. Click 'Browse My Computer..' then click 'Let me pick from a list...' Click 'Have Disk..'. Browse to the extracted INF file and select the file.

-Restart your PC

-Change your resolution to 1280x720 @ 120Hz and enable 3D on your projector.

-In the TriDef 3D Control Panel select Manufacturer as '(standard display types)' and model as 'Direct3D Stereo'. (I think AMD HD3D also worked).

-Switch on your DLP Link glasses and point it to the Screen.

-Launch TriDef. It should work now.
Acer_H5360.zip 1k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Acer_H5360.zip (1,018 Bytes, 33 views)
post #2209 of 2337 Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 34
One issue that needs to be talked about with these projectors is cleaning the fans and the heat sinks.
Does the consumer send it to a repair center and be charged $ 40 $ 50 $ 60 just to clean it and retain the warranty ?
The lest they could have done is make the sides detachable to at least clean the fans by the consumer.
I am not sure many would want to be charged $ 40 $ 50 $ 60 just to have the fans and heat sinks cleaned.
I liked how Sony with the PS3 allows the consumer change the hard drives in the PS3 without effecting the status of the warranty.
So how many with the LGPA70G and the LGPA75U projectors going to spend whatever amount they charge for just cleaning these projectors or will you just open it yourself taking a risk of voiding the warranty ?
post #2210 of 2337 Old 08-19-2013, 07:37 AM

I assumed it was obvious when I said I plugged in the USB flash & got the same hum that I was playing the audio through my amplifier which was connected to the projector the only way possible through the headphone out jack. Sorry if this wasn't clear. My 3rd sentence should have clarified that I also did exactly what you suggested when it clearly stated that when I shut down my amp & just listened to the internal speakers of the pj there was no hum. My bad, should never assume. To be perfectly clear, yes I do get the same hum when using the USB flash for the source the same as if I use the Blu-ray, DTV, or DVD/VCR player as the source when I play the audio through my amplifier & speakers-- whether they are connected to the pj headphone out jack or if I bypass the pj & connect the audio directly from the source to amplifier. I do not get the hum if I plug in the USB or any of the other sources into the projector with nothing else connected & listen just to the pj internal speakers or if I listen to headphones connected to the pj. Seems to me that connecting other speakers to the headphone jack would be the same as listening to headphones so I didn't try that. Besides who wants to listen to cheap speakers anyway?

I think I do have an understanding of troubleshooting although I admit I did it in the reverse order from what you suggested. I chose to begin troubleshooting by verifying the problem didn't start with the source (my players, amplifier, cables & speakers) instead of beginning with the output (the projector) and working my way backward. Just as you concluded that if there is nothing wrong with the projector if it plays OK when nothing else is attached, I concluded there was nothing wrong with my amp & speakers when playing them without the pj attached. Don't see any reason why one method would be better than another-maybe we're both wrong. In any case, that's the sequence I did. After trying 3 different video sources and all playing audio perfectly when connected to my amp & speakers, I think I can rule out the players, amplifier, speakers & connections between them as the problem. That left the connecting cables to the pj as a likely problem, so I tried 3 different HDMI cables plus an A/V cable with the same results before ruling cables out as the problem. I suppose they could all be bad, but think it unlikely. In all cases, when playing video and listening just to the projector audio--either internal speakers or through headphones there was no hum no matter which video source was input. But, when I listen to the audio through my amp & speakers either through the pj & headphone out jack or directly to my amp & speakers, the hum returns if the video is playing through the projector. If I remove the video or turn it off, the audio is fine. So, if there's nothing wrong with the video source, the amp, the speakers or the cable--and nothing wrong with just the projector---why is there a problem when they are connected together? And why do I get an audio hum when I bypass the pj audio out. And why does the hum come & go if I remove the video? I've concluded there is some kind of feedback being generated most likely from the pj when processing the video signal, but clearly I don't know the answer.

Thanks for all your troubleshooting suggestions, but I think at this point any further juggling of cables, input sources, speakers, amplifiers.......would be fruitless. The problem is a video generated hum -- how do I eliminate it?
post #2211 of 2337 Old 08-19-2013, 07:48 AM

Liked: 14
Hi LeonZA & Everyone else,

I am also from SA and bought this projector a few weeks ago, so far i have been very happy with the projector, although i have not yet gotten 3d working nicely.

So far, i have demoed stereoscopic player and Tridef: Tridef did not work at all.

I manage to get stereoscopic player work, but i kept getting "glitching" errors. I found the following post today that i am going to try:

With "Stereoscopic Player" I was getting frames where the 3D would just fail for a frame or two. I went into the settings and Hardware decoding is disabled by default for some reason. After I unchecked that, I didn't have any of those flicker problems.

You can find it in "settings" - "Advanced Settings" - "Troubleshooting" It is there.
By the way in playback option the Glass control setting i set it to none because when i set it to DLP 3D Ready Encoding there is a white line on the button of the screen. With none option there is no white line and working perfectly. Also i always set the aspect ratio manually on stereoscopic player, you can choose any size you want.

I joined the forums just for this thread, and while i may not stay on the forums in the long term, i would like to do something to contribute, so I am going to propose that we put our information together and make a "tried and tested settings & tweaks" for this projector (i have some webspace, so ill build a basic site with all the info). ill compile the info into a website and share the link on this post.

If anyone reading this would like to contribute what they learned in getting their project running to a "tried and tested settings & tweaks", please send me a PM with your tweaks and settings
I reckon we organise the info into these categories

2D - Resolution and color settings
3D - General
3D - Movies
3D - Games

All suggestions and constructive criticism welcome....
post #2212 of 2337 Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonZA View Post

I struggled the whole day trying to get my AMD HD7850 to work with TriDef on Windows 8.I also only got errors. Eventually I got it working.
- Connect a VGA cable to the PA70G projector.

- Extract the contents of the attached file to some location on your PC.

- (Skip this step if you don't have Windows 8). Point the mouse to the right corner and select 'Settings'. Click 'Change PC Settings'. Under 'General' select 'Restart Now'. Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings. Now restarrt. Once a menu is presented press F7.

-Go to 'Device Manager'. Under 'Monitors' double click the LG Projector's monitor(Probably shows up as Generic PnP Monitor). Click on the Driver Tab. Click the 'Update Driver' button. Click 'Browse My Computer..' then click 'Let me pick from a list...' Click 'Have Disk..'. Browse to the extracted INF file and select the file.

-Restart your PC

-Change your resolution to 1280x720 @ 120Hz and enable 3D on your projector.

-In the TriDef 3D Control Panel select Manufacturer as '(standard display types)' and model as 'Direct3D Stereo'. (I think AMD HD3D also worked).

-Switch on your DLP Link glasses and point it to the Screen.

-Launch TriDef. It should work now.
Acer_H5360.zip 1k .zip file

My computer dnt have vga out, only hdmi, dvi, displayport.

I tried installing the driver to works over HDMI but now the windows dont dectect any more the projector.

Ideas?
post #2213 of 2337 Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
My computer dnt have vga out, only hdmi, dvi, displayport.

Usually graphics cards come with a small DVI to VGA adapter if the graphics card can pass an analog signal through the DVI port.
I will play around with the HDMI input today to see if I can get 3D working with it.
Quote:
I tried installing the driver to works over HDMI but now the windows dont dectect any more the projector.

Ideas?
Does the monitor still display in Device Manager?
If it does you can double click on it and under the 'Driver' tab try to roll-back the driver or uninstall it. Then restart your PC.
EDIT: If that doesn't work then you can try to do a System Restore to a previous restore point.
EDIT2: That INF file was only meant for analog inputs such as VGA.
post #2214 of 2337 Old 08-19-2013, 11:52 AM

I have modified that Acer INF to be compatible with HDMI. The file is attached to this post.
Please try it out and let me know if it works. I can only get 3D to work with 1024x768 @120Hz with HDMI.
LGPA70G 3D - Digital.zip 1k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip LGPA70G 3D - Digital.zip (1.0 KB, 38 views)
et51 likes this.
post #2215 of 2337 Old 08-19-2013, 02:14 PM

Voila ANDYSM!!!! I think you've got something here. For some reason I didn't see your post or your question earlier, but when reviewing this thread I saw your question about the eco mode & decided to give it a try, and although it didn't get rid of the hum, it did significantly reduce it. My PA70G was set to minimum eco setting where I was getting the loud hum. As I changed the setting to normal & then max eco mode, the hum reduced with each change. I can still hear the hum when there is no dialogue, but it is now much better & think I can live with it. I still don't understand why it happens or whether it can be completely eliminated. If the power supply is causing it, can anything be done to fix? Anybody tried replacing the pwr supply in this?

Thanks to RGTAA for trying to help me on this & to ANDYSM for discovering something that reduces the problem to a level I can stand.
post #2216 of 2337 Old 08-19-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonZA View Post

I have modified that Acer INF to be compatible with HDMI. The file is attached to this post.
Please try it out and let me know if it works. I can only get 3D to work with 1024x768 @120Hz with HDMI.
LGPA70G 3D - Digital.zip 1k .zip file

Thankkkk you so much friend smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Now, for first time, my lg works in 3d mode. Jesus! I found litle bugs, maybe you can help me:

• 3d effects only work the first time i open tried3d, if i re-open the software works but i cant see any 3d effect with my glasses. fixing it only rebooting the PC or change to another resolution and come back to 1024 again.
  • hdmi audio output dont works with the new inf/driver
  • with tridef is ok, other softwares like as powerdvd 13 is not possible. crash windows or "driver video stopped working" and some like that
  • only 1024x768 works in 3d mode

thank you again for helping me.
post #2217 of 2337 Old 08-20-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
hankkkk you so much friend smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Now, for first time, my lg works in 3d mode. Jesus! I found litle bugs, maybe you can help me:
No problem
Quote:
3d effects only work the first time i open tried3d, if i re-open the software works but i cant see any 3d effect with my glasses. fixing it only rebooting the PC or change to another resolution and come back to 1024 again.
Strange, I haven't tested a lot with HDMI. I will check if I can reproduce it later today.
Quote:
hdmi audio output dont works with the new inf/driver
I haven't included any EDID extension block that indicates that the projector supports HDMI audio. I will see what I can do later today.
Quote:
with tridef is ok, other softwares like as powerdvd 13 is not possible. crash windows or "driver video stopped working" and some like that
I don't have PowerDVD, but you could try to use a different 3D option such as Software Pageflipping if it has such an option. You could also try to update PowerDVD and your AMD Display drivers. The TriDef Media player and Stereoscopic Player works fine when I tested.
Quote:
only 1024x768 works in 3d mode
For me also. I could only get VGA to accept 1280x720 as 3D.
et51 likes this.
post #2218 of 2337 Old 08-20-2013, 03:01 AM

After lots of reading, i have managed to put the following together, please note that all this information has been taken from other posts on this thread and all credits go to the original poster.

I have not yet tested any of these so all suggestions, verification and constructive criticism is welcome smile.gif

Tips and tweaks for the LG PA70G - Draft version 1

Credits go to users of the http://www.avsforum.com/

2D General

1. Do not use keystone correction if its not necessary because keystone correction recalculate pixels so you loose image quality

2. Set 1280x800 resolution on your PC, if you set for example 1920x1080, then projector will recalculate it to 1280x800 anyway, so you loose image quality too.

3. "just scan" option is disabled

*Right click on desktop and select "screen resolutions" from the menu.
*Click on the "Advanced Options" text link.
*Click on the "List All Modes" button on the popup window.
*If your current selection is 60 Hertz, select from the list the same resolution but at 59 Hertz.
*Apply/save the 59 Hertz resolution setting.
*The "just scan" option should now be enabled in the PA70G menu (along with all the other options that may have been disabled).

4. run the Picture Wizard II in the Expert menu, it will result in a big improvement over any stock picture modes. Make sure to dial the brightness back afterwards, it always switches to Max brightness

5. For movie modes turn off dynamic contrast (it ruins the colors)

6. Fix Focus (Might Break Guarantee)

Removing the top cover on the LG PA70G http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smSQy5yDquk&feature=youtu.be

* Tools: one long nose philips driver with large enough handle to open the case, and to adjust screws inside the projector: one flash light to look into the projector; a knife or driver to pill off a black tape (I will explain it later)
* Turn over the projector. On the bottom of the projector, there are 4 screws. Unscrew them, and put them on the side.
* Turn it over while holding the case nice and tight. Set it up on a table. The case is divided into "the cover" and "the bottom cover".
* Take the "top cover" of the case. Carefully and slowly. You will notice that the "bottom cover" holds all projector parts.
* Connect the cables to the projector with a video source. I just connected it to my computer.
* Turn the projector on. I played a video file with the media player visible on the projector screen, so that I can see the focus on the left and right corners .
* Adjust the dial on the left side of the projector and make one (either left or right) corner sharp and focused. At this point, you will wish both side are THAT focused.
* There are three screws (there might be more, but I could only see three). I know Honzik1 stated that he played with two screws. I guess you can fix the focus issue by manipulating just two screws. Anyway, one screw is located under the black tape. One is located (if you look at the lens) on the left side of the lens, and the last one is located on the right side of the lens. They are located around the lens at almost triangular locations. The ones on the sides are hard to reach. This is why you need a long philips driver with large handle. 2 screws on the sides are a bit difficult to reach if you don't have a long driver.
* Carefully, take off the black tape with a knife (or something sharp). Your fingers wont work. I know, I tried.
* Slightly unscrew top screw (the one located under the black tape that you just removed) slightly by turning it counter clockwise.
* Slightly unscrew screws on both side.
* Don't unscrew too much, just a little at a time. Like Honzik1 suggested, half or 1 full circle should be enough.
* You will notice that the sharpness and focus changes as you unscrew them.
* Screw, and unscrew one screw at a time until you achieve the most sharpness and focus. There was no magic trick. It took me about 5 minutes to find the best focus.
* I actually stopped adjusting screws when I got a focus that I could read AVSforum posts and small texts on both side of the screen, and see video play sharp and focused.
* Put the black tape back on.
* Turn the projector over and screw the 4 screws to the bottom of the projector.

* Check the speakers if they do not block the opening. And check the focus wheel if it do not block it also.

3D General

1. Change your resolution to 1024x768 @ 120Hz and enable 3D on your projector
2. Install one of the attached monitor drivers if necessary

3D Movies

1. Install and configure Windows 7/8 Codecs with LAV decoder (http://www.windows7codecs.com or http://www.windows8codecs.com ) ( LAV decoder is included in the pack)
LAV decoder configured:
* decode Xvid/Divx/Mp4v/Avi/Mkv/H.264/AVC
* use hardware decoder DXVA2 Copy Back method (Radeon) or other (it's GPU depending)

(http://www.tridef.com/) - Player works great with movies

2. Steroscopic Player ( www.3dtv.at )

* settings -> Advanced Settings -> Troubleshooting -> Hardware decoding (ticket or unticked ?)
* playback option -> Glass control setting -> none (Fixes white line issue?)
* use LAV decoder for Mpeg4/AVC/MVC videos
* viewing method by Software page flipping

3D Games

(http://www.tridef.com/) - Tested and works great on most games:

Ensure sure you have an ATI 5000 series or higher graphics card (would someone like to give feedback on Nvidia).

Disabling the power 3d function on the in game tridef menu (Key pad 0) improves the 3d quality drastically on certain games.
Monitor Drivers

Acer_H5360 (tridef vga no audio).zip 1k .zip file

LGPA70G 3D - HDMI.zip 1k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Acer_H5360 (tri def vga no audio).zip (1,018 Bytes, 20 views)
File Type: zip LGPA70G 3D - HDMI.zip (1.0 KB, 35 views)
Bullet220, ku8az and strojek like this.
post #2219 of 2337 Old 08-20-2013, 05:15 AM

I would add following tips and tweaks:
1) Do not use keystone correction if its not necessary because keystone correction recalculate pixels so you loose image quality.
2) Set 1280x800 resolution on your PC, if you set for example 1920x1080, then projector will recalculate it to 1280x800 anyway, so you loose image quality too.
et51 likes this.
post #2220 of 2337 Old 08-20-2013, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honzik1 View Post

I would add following tips and tweaks:
1) Do not use keystone correction if its not necessary because keystone correction recalculate pixels so you loose image quality.
2) Set 1280x800 resolution on your PC, if you set for example 1920x1080, then projector will recalculate it to 1280x800 anyway, so you loose image quality too.

Honzik1, you have provided lots of value and been very helpful on this thread, Thank you for sharing smile.gif
Honzik1 likes this.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Projectors , Samsung 700 Lumens Xga Dlp Projector Sph710ae
Gear in this thread