Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 06-17-2014, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,
I've just bought the projector a month ago, and so far, I am satisfied with it.
The brightness is good (I always use it with min settings), the color palette is quite ok, and there are a lot of adjustments to get natural colors even when you are projecting to a non-white screen (wall, for example)

I saw in the manual that the 4 pole jack connector can be used as composite video input, but the problem is that there is no standard which pin is connected to what.

Does anybody know the pionout ? I would greatly appreciate!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 04:18 AM

I found out that such a cable is already included in the package
Old 06-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Hold onto that cable because LG uses a different and incompatible pinout compared to most standard versions that can't be corrected with a simple color swap. The input is designed to also be compatible with 5connect composite and their 3connect rca has an odd wiring and using a universal results in combined signals.

I have tested this now with several cords and three different devices that use them specifically. The universal cords and adapters work (one with swapped colors) with the other two devices but not the LG while the LG-specific cord works with the LG and NOT with the other two devices.

The LG works perfectly using its own cord though and detects sources just fine.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I had read reviews/comments that bulb projectors vary in characteristics over time, in brightness and color, as well as just burning out suddenly, so I avoided them. I wanted consistency, so I am happy so far with my LG PA70G, but I also am wanting to see better lenses, ones of glass, in LED projectors. The focus issue I solved by letting the projector run for 15 minutes or so, then focused it as well as it can, and left the focus there; now, I turn the projector on for 15 minutes before sitting down to watch, and the focus is stable because the projector is at stable temperature. LED DLP projectors produce an image that appears more like film to me, which is my reason for having a big screen (120" 16:9) anyway. The room is completely darkened, light-controlled. All my friends who visit and watch films on my LG PA70G LED DLP projector, as I have it setup, are impressed and enjoy the experience, which is why I set up the system.

Last edited by RonKnox; 06-29-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKnox View Post
I had read reviews/comments that bulb projectors vary in characteristics over time, in brightness and color, as well as just burning out suddenly, so I avoided them. I wanted consistency, so I am happy so far with my LG PA70G, but I also am wanting to see better lenses, ones of glass, in LED projectors. The focus issue I solved by letting the projector run for 15 minutes or so, then focused it as well as it can, and left the focus there; now, I turn the projector on for 15 minutes before sitting down to watch, and the focus is stable because the projector is at stable temperature. LED DLP projectors produce an image that appears more like film to me, which is my reason for having a big screen (120" 16:9) anyway. The room is completely darkened, light-controlled. All my friends who visit and watch films on my LG PA70G LED DLP projector, as I have it setup, are impressed and enjoy the experience, which is why I set up the system.
I don't really see what all the fuss is about the focus on these projectors. to me and maybe I got lucky I have no focus problems on mine. most of the out of focus post/pictures I have seen is on very small text in the corners and that is from very close up pictures I have seen. anyway I feel for the price I paid ($400)for the projector I feel it has an awesome picture in a darken room via my ps3/Blu-ray or my directv hd on my 106in screen. is it perfect no ,but for the price and overall picture quality you get it's a pretty darn good deal. just my 2 cents
Old 07-06-2014, 05:10 PM

Hi, I have some questions:

1) What are the best glasses quality/price for a PB62G?

2) Is there a driver for 1280x720 120HZ for PB62G?

3) Has PB62G a Texas Instruments chip for 3D?

Thank you very much for the help.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecologymagnet View Post
Hi, I have some questions:

1) What are the best glasses quality/price for a PB62G?

2) Is there a driver for 1280x720 120HZ for PB62G?

3) Has PB62G a Texas Instruments chip for 3D?

Thank you very much for the help.
Some reply?

Tags
Projectors , Samsung 700 Lumens Xga Dlp Projector Sph710ae
Gear in this thread
User Tag List