LG PA70G LED 1280x800 700 Lumens. - Page 80 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2371 of 2383 Old 04-17-2016, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase151 View Post
The picture in post #2369 ,looks like my PA75U. The picture turned Cyan. I could turn it off, then back on. Then it would be all right, for 10 minutes. When I took it apart, it looked like that. When I inspected it. The top cover cover was warped, so the green connector was getting hot. I don`t know if the board was replaced it would work.
So you got the same problem as me!, if you find something about it, way to solve or similar please tell me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 2383 Old 06-22-2016, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
language settings error

Hi,

I own a LG PA70G LED Projector.
So far, everything seemed to be ok till recently I figured out a problem when playing movies.
There is a problem with subtitle encoding in Greek characters. Every time i play a movie with Greek subtitles this is shown in Korean / Chinese characters.
I figured out that the problem is that in menu the language option is turned off/greyed.

I really dont know why this happened now.I would appreciate any suggestion to my problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160622_210112.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1510970  
post #2373 of 2383 Old 06-23-2016, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoumbro View Post
Hi,

I own a LG PA70G LED Projector.
So far, everything seemed to be ok till recently I figured out a problem when playing movies.
There is a problem with subtitle encoding in Greek characters. Every time i play a movie with Greek subtitles this is shown in Korean / Chinese characters.
I figured out that the problem is that in menu the language option is turned off/greyed.

I really dont know why this happened now.I would appreciate any suggestion to my problem.
Try change projector language to Polish or something else before you run movie. Different languages use different encoding for subtitles.
post #2374 of 2383 Old 06-28-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honzik1 View Post
Try change projector language to Polish or something else before you run movie. Different languages use different encoding for subtitles.
Hmm,, If you mean change the language menu I have only English and Korean option available.
Also is not possible to change subtitle language before I run the movie. Is it possible?
post #2375 of 2383 Old 08-09-2016, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am new here, and this seemed the place to post a problem.

I have an almost 4-year-old LG PA70G that has seen roughly just 100 hours of use. It is always stored in its original box, inside its nylon bag, and the only handling is carrying it from home to my workplace. It has never been roughly handled or dropped; the lens is just fine.

Last prior use was 6 weeks ago for a presentation without problem. Looked and sounded great. Afterwards it lay dormant until today when I had to use it again for another presentation.

But upon start-up today, the projection was speckled with sandy dots, typically more dense in white areas. (See attached photos.) This isn't the projection surface, it isn't the lens. I could watch a video from a UBS stick and the video moved normally and the sound was just fine; all menus work just fine, too. But the image is always speckled with dotty, sandy bits. (Via HDMI my laptop's screen image was also speckled.) The LG logo is disrupted; it says "No Signal" underneath, but the signal is not the problem — remember, any video motion and sound worked fine.

I turned the device on and off a number of times, and reconnected the USB stick or HDMI cable a few times, too. No change. The image is always speckled.

Any thoughts? Could some internal software need reinstallation? Could a faulty hardware circuit cause this? Any advice would be appreciated. This device is out of warranty, but for a LCD projector advertised with a 30,000-hour illumination lifespan, it shouldn't have such a problem at 100 hours.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PA-70G_Blue_Screen.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	1592921   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA-70G_Menu_Screen.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	1592929  
post #2376 of 2383 Old 09-21-2016, 03:01 AM

firmware

Hi guys,

I have 2 related questions:

How can you reinstall the firmware to the projector? Something gone wrong to the menu after a forced electric shutdown (-yes it can happen).

Does anybody knows if there is available any firmware update to it?
post #2377 of 2383 Old 11-04-2016, 12:25 PM

Projector lamp led lg pa70g

Hello friends, I have the projector lg pa70g, and I'm looking for the led lamp for this projector. Someone forum know the make and model of the lamp, and a shop to buy. I live in Brazil, if you can help me I thank you. Translated by google.
post #2378 of 2383 Old 11-11-2016, 10:44 AM

Hello friends,

I am new to this forum , I own a 2 year old LG PA72G projector, I never had any problem with this projector before, But suddenly the screen changed to red color , and the Blue color become purple , first I though may be some loose contact or HDMI cable problem , so I tested without any input source , But the problem still remains there , RED SCREEN picture is very reddish , Friends pls help me .......
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	191e0a1a-c408-4eba-8d2e-3fabd01dd6ab.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1764193   Click image for larger version

Name:	d00bc03b-6d25-48ab-9616-6a78dbb97c04.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1764201  
post #2379 of 2383 Old 11-11-2016, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosth View Post
Hello friends,

I am new to this forum , I own a 2 year old LG PA72G projector, I never had any problem with this projector before, But suddenly the screen changed to red color , and the Blue color become purple , first I though may be some loose contact or HDMI cable problem , so I tested without any input source , But the problem still remains there , RED SCREEN picture is very reddish , Friends pls help me .......
Hi,

That image looks really bad, I think it can be some problem with the green LED (because the white looks like a weird magenta) and maybe blue LED, or LED driver/power management, it could also be the video DSP/video front end. I think you have to send it to a repair center, if you don't have much experience with this kind of electronics, like me.
If you try to display a pure blue or green screen what happens? Try the blank options.

Regards,
Danny

Last edited by danny92; 11-11-2016 at 04:14 PM.
post #2380 of 2383 Old 11-12-2016, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny92 View Post
Hi,

That image looks really bad, I think it can be some problem with the green LED (because the white looks like a weird magenta) and maybe blue LED, or LED driver/power management, it could also be the video DSP/video front end. I think you have to send it to a repair center, if you don't have much experience with this kind of electronics, like me.
If you try to display a pure blue or green screen what happens? Try the blank options.

Regards,
Danny
Hi Danny thx very much for you reply , I think you are rite , because RED AND blue image looks good, but not the same with Green , so I called up LG customer service center , then I explained the problem with the technician , he said that need to replace the DMD CHIP , and its very expensive 154 $ and my projector already out of warranty period , LG LIFE GOOD But now LB " LIFE BAD "

Thx,
Dosth.
post #2381 of 2383 Old 11-12-2016, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hi,

The DMD chip doesn't have nothing to do about the color, they said the problem is the DMD chip? What???
This component makes the image, not the color, it's a bit like an LCD, but instead it's a reflective microdisplay that works with tiny micromirrors (brigth pixel - mirror tilted to reflect light to the lens, dark pixel - mirror tilted to reflect light to the dump, greysclase - mirror fast switching), it can create image with red, green and blue components displayed sequentially (the LED driver/controller does that job), the color is created by the LEDs with three different wavelengths (red~640 nm, green~520 nm and blue~460 nm), in this case (LG PA70G), in lamp projectors, is the colorwheel. Trust me, the problem is not the DMD, the image looks perfect (apart from the strange tint), there aren't any dead pixels that I'm aware about (DMDs fail showing bright or dark pixels, like in LCD panels). It must be something else, ask for a second opinion. Making a comparison, It's like saying you're unable to draw and have a problem in your hand, because you don't have a green pencil, but you still have a red and a blue so you can draw, but not with the right colors.

DMD failure (does the image looks like this?):
https://www.google.pt/search?q=dmd+f...B_UbB6FdWhM%3A

If you want to know more about DMDs (DLP):
http://www.ti.com/product/dlp4501/datasheet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Light_Processing

LEDs for 0.45" WXGA DMD (Luminus Devices):
http://www.luminus.com/resource/crossreference.html#

The culprit may be the green LED or something similar to this I think:
http://www.ti.com/product/dlpa3000/datasheet

Regards,
Danny

Last edited by danny92; 11-12-2016 at 10:28 AM.
post #2382 of 2383 Old 11-12-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny92 View Post
Hi,

The DMD chip doesn't have nothing to do about the color, they said the problem is the DMD chip? What???
This component makes the image, not the color, it's a bit like an LCD, but instead it's a reflective microdisplay that works with tiny micromirrors (brigth pixel - mirror tilted to reflect light to the lens, dark pixel - mirror tilted to reflect light to the dump, greysclase - mirror fast switching), it can create image with red, green and blue components displayed sequentially (the LED driver/controller does that job), the color is created by the LEDs with three different wavelengths (red~640 nm, green~520 nm and blue~460 nm), in this case (LG PA70G), in lamp projectors, is the colorwheel. Trust me, the problem is not the DMD, the image looks perfect (apart from the strange tint), there aren't any dead pixels that I'm aware about (DMDs fail showing bright or dark pixels, like in LCD panels). It must be something else, ask for a second opinion. Making a comparison, It's like saying you're unable to draw and have a problem in your hand, because you don't have a green pencil, but you still have a red and a blue so you can draw, but not with the right colors.

Regards,
Danny
Hi Danny

Thank You so much for your time and support, I sent a detailed mail to LG and explained about the DMD work short , once I get the reply from LG I wll get back to you.
Thanks again,

Dosth
post #2383 of 2383 Old 11-13-2016, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Yr out of warranty - so pop it open, & check the "green" connector on the main circuit board (a good photo would be nice). If you are lucky, might just need to be re-seated with a spritz of DeOxit.

LG may have erred on the side of quiet (vs survivable thermal performance) on this generation of projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Projectors , Samsung 700 Lumens Xga Dlp Projector Sph710ae

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page