Any owners or demos AE100 in Belgium? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-15-2002, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want to see this midget for myself :) I contacted some dealers in Germany about recent PJs and although they all sell the AE100, they kinda slam it and promote other PJs like the Piano instead.

Anyone know where one can be seen in Belgium?

J-kun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-15-2002, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Saw a Dutch DVD magazine yesterday and they were selling it hard... Favouring FP over plasma as long as light control was possible...

Plenty of dealers in Holland (try www.beamerland.nl for viewing) but standard pricing seems to be the norm... If you want to get the other end run on over to barco for thier new 16:9 offereing soon (I intend to get a demo even though I dont think I can sell any other body parts !!)..

BTW where in Belgium ?? I was living in Poppel just north of Turnhout but nw 50/50 Tilburg and Thailand... My sister in law is living with a Belgian in Liege (he may get a TE100 very soon too now he has seen my setup)...
post #3 of 6 Old 05-15-2002, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Phat Phreddy
Saw a Dutch DVD magazine yesterday and they were selling it hard... Favouring FP over plasma as long as light control was possible...
Well, all this talk on this forum has made me curious, especially now that a dealer really put it down vs a DLP PJ. So now I definitely want to see one in action :)

Quote:

Plenty of dealers in Holland (try www.beamerland.nl for viewing) but standard pricing seems to be the norm... If you want to get the other end run on over to barco for thier new 16:9 offereing soon (I intend to get a demo even though I dont think I can sell any other body parts !!)..
Yikes, 2500 Euro??? I can get one in Germany for less than 1900. They're too far from here though.

Quote:

BTW where in Belgium ?? I was living in Poppel just north of Turnhout but nw 50/50 Tilburg and Thailand... My sister in law is living with a Belgian in Liege (he may get a TE100 very soon too now he has seen my setup)...
I'm near the border at Maastricht. Maastricht would be nice for a demo, only a few minutes drive. I called Pana Belgium, they haven't got the AE100 yet, so a dealer here would be a grey importer.

J-kun
post #4 of 6 Old 05-15-2002, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Well that place is what 1 - 2 hours drive... Surely thats worth it for a demo ??? I pop down past Maastricht to get to Liege quite regularly (will be going this weekend) and its not really a huge deal...

Personally I consider a demo with 2 hours 'close' but then I dont mind to drive to Vienna for a long weekend or even S France... I used to clock up 2000+ KM's per week so driving tends to not bother me (plus I have a majorly fun car to do it in ;))
post #5 of 6 Old 05-15-2002, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Ah, that's an advantage of course. Having a car :)

Found a (very poorly designed) website of a shop in Antwerp that seems to have it. Accessible by train :) Will call them tomorrow.

J-kun
post #6 of 6 Old 05-15-2002, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Oops... can see the drawback now !!! :D
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page