Help choosing right projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-28-2012, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am getting ready to buy my first projector and will be limited to an 84 inch screen and am unsure of which projector would be best for that size screen. I am trying to choose between the epson 3010, 5010 and panasonic pt-ae7000. I dont know a lot about projectors and wonder if the 3010 would be bright enought for that size screen. I will use mostly for movies,sports and some gaming. We do watch some 3d movies as well. The room is 16x30 but i am limited to screen size because of a fireplace on the corner of the wall. The room has no windows and i have total control of lighting. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Have you thought of ceiling mounting a pulldown screen to increase the size? The other thing to look into is will you need to lens shift your image or not. Which could rule out the 3010 as a choice. The other 2 should be plenty bright enough for your screen, but i think the Panasonic might have an edge gaming wise with the lag issues.

Supporting both HD-DVD and Blu-ray
My DVD Collection
post #3 of 3 Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I believe i have room for a 92 inch screen and i think i will be going with the panasonic epson 5010 because i have never seen anything bad about it. N i just have to figure out a decent screen i was to to go with an elite but it just seems kind of cheap so i may go with a da lite da snap it just seems to be a better quality.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page