Warranty question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-18-2012, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone bought a projector at B&H or Best Buy?? They offer a 3 year warranty at b& H for 189 and a 4 year at Best Buy for 269...this includes a bulb or lamp> Has this worked for anyone else, it seems like one bulb or lamp replacement would cover the 4-year warranty at best buy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-19-2012, 01:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishot3bucks View Post

Has anyone bought a projector at B&H or Best Buy?? They offer a 3 year warranty at b& H for 189 and a 4 year at Best Buy for 269...this includes a bulb or lamp> Has this worked for anyone else, it seems like one bulb or lamp replacement would cover the 4-year warranty at best buy?

Never bought from either vendor myself. Who does the warranty work? Paying with a credit card will sometimes get you an extended warranty as well.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-19-2012, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought my first projector from Best Buy with the protection plan.....best thing I ever did.

The story in short...

Bought the projector, a year later needed to replace the lamp. Called in and they sent me two of the wrong lamps. Called in again and they sent me the correct lamp and didn't have me send back the two wrong ones. Sold them on ebay and made $450. Another year went by and needed to replace the lamp again, so I took it into a local store. I didn't know the warranty only covered one lamp and obviously they didn't either. They had discontinued the projector, so they offered to refund the entire amount I originally paid, plus the money I paid for the protection plan. Took that money paid another $500 and got the a Sony Bravia projector....hated it....returned it and bought the PT-AX200U from Circuit City with the protection plan. A year later need a replacement lamp, they sent me one without any hassle.

Protection plan for projectors = totally worth it.

I am replacing the AX200 hopefully later this week for the AR100U. I think I'll be going with B&H but can't find anything about the protection plan including a lamp replacement. Is this still the case for their protection plans?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page