Acerk330 vs Optoma ml500. help. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-19-2012, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys. i am new to this. i have read some stuff on here about each. but i wanted a fresh and new up to date respective. so i have read issues about the acer being blurry at 120 inch's which is where i would be at. i also read about some dust bubbles? lol and other issues. i am torn between these two. i hear less issues with the ml500. any and all info can help. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-19-2012, 12:09 PM

I have Viewsonic Pledw500 and it is good but has very uneven focus. I do know you will have the focus drift issue but not sure about uneven focus with those models. I personally would get the ML500 because its brighter and has less lens issues then the 2 other models from what I've seen. the K330 has a litter better colors and black levels but is also not as bright which
contributes to that. Ultimately there all the same so I would get which ever one is cheaper, but if where you are had same price for both go with the ML500.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-19-2012, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

yeah i seen that the ml500 is a big brighter. and i hear there being many issues with the acerk330. i don't know if they fixed these via software updates or not. but my big issue. and hopefully you or someone else that has the ml500 can tell me is at about 120 inch's diagonally is there any blurry effects. is the image still perfect? that's my concern.
post #4 of 6 Old 05-19-2012, 12:42 PM

Its all about how far back your going to be. Mine is at "106 and I'm around 10 feet away when I watch. From that distance the image is not blurry but like i said before because mine has uneven focus the bottom right corner is a little blurry if the rest is in focus. If you don't have the uneven focus problem that I do it will look good as long as you sit around 10 feet away. Also screen material plays a part in how clear the image is to. I used a matte fabric material before and is spread the light out more making it look more blurry then it was. so you want a screen material that does not do that. And especially because your going 120" I would recommend the ML500 because it has more brightness.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-19-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

yeah i plan on making a homemade screen or buying a favi screen. there about 130 bucks for a 120 inch screen. which is very good. but a homemade one is around 50 bucks and can look even better if done right. proper materials. i am also liking what i see from the viewsonic PLED W500. lol we shall see
post #6 of 6 Old 05-20-2012, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The battery backup I use is a box about 10 inches long by 6 inches wide by 4 inches high. The unit plugs into a wall electrical outlet, and it has six electrical outlets on its top. Inside the box is a battery which charges up when plugged into AC power, then if the house power goes out, the battery can supply power to electronic devices that are plugged into it. It called a "battery backup" because it works as a backup source of power, for about 15 minutes when the house power goes out. Inside the unit is a power convertor that converts the AC power input to DC, runs the DC current through the battery, and then converts the power back to AC again to power devices that are plugged into it.
I believe that the reason I was getting HDMI signal interruptions was that strong noisy signals were coming through my house wiring and reaching the Acer K330. Now with my blu-ray player, receiver, and Acer K330 plugged into the battery backup unit, those signals are blocked from getting through, so the HDMI signal interruptions are not happening anymore. My components are getting clean power now, and the battery backup also helps protect against the electronic components getting zapped by power surges. To see and read more about a battery backup, just search Amazon.com or any search engine for "battery backup" and you'll see examples. Battery backups are often also called "UPS" which stands for "uninterruptable power supply". Battery backups can be found online, at electronics stores, office supply stores, computer stores, and other retail stores.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page