Please help a noob figure this out... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I admit, I'm pretty inexperienced with this. I am about to order a mount for my Epson 8350 but I can't figure out if I need a drop down extension or not. I have tried using the calculator but find it confusing.

The screen will be 110 diagonal, 16:9. It isn't mounted yet, so I have some freedom there.
The PJ will be ceiling mounted using the Peerless PRG which places the center of the lens about 7.5" down from the ceiling..
Ceiling height is 10'-4".
The PJ iteslf will be mounted centered to the screen, so about 3-4" of horizontal lens shift will be needed.

With that, using lens shift, what is the lowest I will be able shift the image vertically?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-31-2012, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilime75 View Post

I admit, I'm pretty inexperienced with this. I am about to order a mount for my Epson 8350 but I can't figure out if I need a drop down extension or not. I have tried using the calculator but find it confusing.

The screen will be 110 diagonal, 16:9. It isn't mounted yet, so I have some freedom there.
The PJ will be ceiling mounted using the Peerless PRG which places the center of the lens about 7.5" down from the ceiling..
Ceiling height is 10'-4".
The PJ iteslf will be mounted centered to the screen, so about 3-4" of horizontal lens shift will be needed.

With that, using lens shift, what is the lowest I will be able shift the image vertically?

Thanks in advance.

Since your ceiling is 10'4" high I would use a 2ft extension to bring it down a little so you don't have to use so much lens shift. I am no professional but this is what I would do.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-01-2012, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I agree, sounds like you may need that extension. You'll be trying to place the, center of the screen, a couple of inches above eye level (when sitting). This dictates how far you should try and drop the projector, to bring the center of the lens, to within a few inches of the top of the screen.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page