Newbie Projector Question - Proxima Pro AV 9310 Projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-18-2012, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just came into possession of one of these. It was $30 actually from a guy on craigslist. I have been running my computer through it and it seems to have great clarity for High Def video. My question is, how do I modify it or upgrade it to be able to run component or hdmi through it. I know on some of the other projector pages, people have updated boards for CRT projectors. Just trying to get more out of it.

Thanks for any help.

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-04-2012, 08:09 PM

You should be able to hook up component right now: VIDEO IN-1 and VIDEO IN-2 are for component, they are just BNC-style connectors. All you need is an RCA to BNC adapter plug like this one: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10430&cs_id=1043002&p_id=4121&seq=1&format=2. On the projector, the video/y is GREEN, c/cb (b-y) is BLUE, and cr (r-y) is RED.

Alternatively, the CRT folks convert hdmi to RGBHV (either the 5-BNC plugs or the VGA type plug - it's the same signal) with something like an HDFury or MOOME External box (Moome makes cards too, but I doubt he has one for your pj). Even if you had a digital input on your pj, likely it would not work from your Blu-Ray player because of HDCP compliance. The Moome or HDFury will strip the HDCP and convert to analog to accommodate the input for your projector.

Good luck.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

i fell out there for a while, but just wanted to get back to thank you for the response. this was very helpful. i am close to moving forward with all this. thanks for taking the time

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
buy a HD video converter model - LK-219413 and run it throgh The VGA input on the 9310,,, The BNC adapors are useless for what you are trying to do. Make sure to keep the LK219413 where you can get at it since it goes into standby mode if it doesn't see a signal for a while and you will have to push the standby button to reactivate it.

Bohanna

BTW don't mount the 9310 upside down or you will kill it quick.. its a Great projector for outdoor shows. it has a 400 watt matal halide lamp and will kick the crap out of most of the newer projectors. Don't let the 2100 lumen specks fool you, By todays standards it would be in the 5000 Lumen range.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

cool dude. Thanks. I am happy with the projector. Especially for $30.

one thing i am worried about is the lamp life. It looks like it only goes 1000hrs before it needs to be replaced.

post #6 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanecash View Post

cool dude. Thanks. I am happy with the projector. Especially for $30.

one thing i am worried about is the lamp life. It looks like it only goes 1000hrs before it needs to be replaced.

The lamp will last about 1000 hours until you see some noticable degradiation in the picture. The lamp replace light is on a timer so if you still have a clean solid picture you can reset the timer. Just make sure you let the unit power down properly. DO NOT UNPLUG the unit UNITL after it has shut down properly! Just make sure it has plenty of air space around it for circulation and the bottom filter is kept clean. Also don't leave it running for any length of time with the lamp on and no signal going through it.. If I were you I would NOT use it for home use. I would use it for occasional outdoor or large screen viewing. This is what it was made for. By todays standards it would be somewhere in the 5000 to 6000 lumen range. If you try to use it for everyday use you will eventually burn out the blue LCD panel and it will be useless. Home Depot and Lowes has Black and yellow strongbox type totes for about 15.00. I would buy one and store the 9310 in it. For practicall use I would think about an LED projector and I would check in here for peoples opinions before buying one. Stay away from ANY single screen TFT model .

Bohanna wink.gif

FYI I just bought the LGPA70 thats on sale at frys. The price just dropped to the point where I HAD to have one even through I have dozens of Lamp based projectors and several hundred lamps. eek.gif
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page