Wow, I am so impressed with the Epson 8350! My story, and review/experience (LONG) - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 07-01-2012, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just a note, I don't believe "judder" and dropping frames is the same issue. If you are dropping frames that would be a source problem, where as judder is related to the projector and the way it processes the image.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 07-01-2012, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPC_Dude View Post

Just a note, I don't believe "judder" and dropping frames is the same issue. If you are dropping frames that would be a source problem, where as judder is related to the projector and the way it processes the image.

Hello HTPC_Dude,

I think it is correlated, only because my computer isn't fast enough to playback 1080p. I remember playing Transformers 2 and 3 last year in 1080p (MKV format) and it would lag like crazy and freeze frame during the fast/complex fight scenes (e.g. Megatron vs Optimus in the forest, Giza pyramids scenes)

My laptop can playback 720p files without a hitch. It drops maybe 1-5 frames during the entire duration of a film. When watching it on my computer, it judders, whereas through the Epson, the image is smooth as silk. Trust me, I have tested it out with various 720p material and it's all smooth through the 8350, yet it stutters on my laptop.

It's only playing 1080p that my Acer drops frames and becomes more juddery. The judder in this case, is less severe on my Epson than it is on the Acer.
post #33 of 34 Old 07-01-2012, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
A WDTV live is a good add on for a system like this. My buddy uses one with his 8350. It plays just about every format out there. The large 20 GB files play fine as well.
post #34 of 34 Old 07-04-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesyah View Post

A WDTV live is a good add on for a system like this. My buddy uses one with his 8350. It plays just about every format out there. The large 20 GB files play fine as well.

UPDATE: I have purchased my first ever Blu-ray player last night (Panasonic) and it seems to work great. I couldn't test it for more than a few minutes as my Harmon Kardon Soundsticks doesn't have a volume control and it was WAY too loud.

I popped in John Mayer's "Where The Light Is" documentary/concert and the video is very smooth and cinematic. It was playing at 24p @ 1080p, and it looked like it was playing in cinemas and just like my previous tests, it kind of felt it was playing at 120 Hz at times (almost lifelike). This honestly wasn't the best disc to test out the Epson as I think movies are generally better since they take place more than in the dark.

Once I get my receiver this Friday I will test a few Blu-ray films I bought. Very excited yet disappointed, since I couldn't control the volume whatsoever, and I ad to turn it off frown.gif
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page