Question for those who have their retracable screen in front of the TV setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-04-2012, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm thinking of putting in a screen and projector. I want to install the screen in front of my entertainment center in the living room that holds our 46" Samsung.
I'm thinking for getting the Epson 3010 so that we can have 3D as well.

OK, I assume that you need to use a receiver that has 2 HDMI outputs (one to the TV, the other to the projector). What 3D capable receivers have 2 HDMI outputs?
So far I have found the Onkyo TX-NR515 and TR-NX709.
Are they other routes you have gone such as using an HDMI switch?

I'd like to keep it at around $500, maybe 100w per channel. Onkyo and Pioneer have treated me well in the past. Sony - not so much. Wife despises Sony products anyway and I'm trying to put together a pitch for her. Something like... early Christmas present... upgrade time(our Samsung is 5 years old)... Hugh Jackman shirtless on a 100 inch screen... Tom Hiddleston in 3D on a 100 inch screen...etc.
Gotta get the wife on board somehow! biggrin.gif

Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-11-2012, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, it would be much cheaper and you would have much more options going with an HDMI splitter such as http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=8204&seq=1&format=2

Remember however that the splitter will negotiate HDCP at the lesser resolution of both displays. If both are 1080p you are cooking !
In your specific situation, only one display needs to be on at a time, so having a 2D and a 3D display may not be a problem as long as the other display is off.

I am actually using this device as a signal booster to my PJ as my new receiver has issues with the 50' run whereas my previous receiver was OK. Both were Harman Kardon, and are great bang for the buck sound-wise. HK has an eBay store were they resell refurbs at great price.

Cheers,

Rudy
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page