AVS Forum banner

problem with optoma ep721

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  supratreo 
#1 ·
hi, i know this is a cheaper projector but i was happy with it... while it was working of course.

the other day i turned it on and it said searching for signal but would never connect. i've tried different connectis but i get the same thing. then about an hour later i tried it again and it worked. then the next day it stopped working again.

i havent even used this long enough to need to replace a bulb :/

i'm thinking it needs a main board but i called optoma to get some advice and they said it may be a main board also. i was wondering if anyone had any experience with this projector. any advice? if it does need a board, where can i get one?

thank you.

#2 ·
i've been searching for this part for a while but can't seem to find it online. Optoma wants $270 for it but i don' t know if its worth it. do you guys have a place i could possibly find this part cheaper? they're asking about 1/3 of the price of the projector for this part so i dont know if its worth it but i also don't want to scrap a perfectly good projector (other than this problem). what would you guys do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.