£500 on projector, what do you recomend? prefrably 1 with no RBE - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-15-2012, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know its not much money , but all I can afford at the moment, I was looking at the hd600x-lv but the RBE puts me off, I can spot it a mile off, and it will do my head in, any recommendation? also is there any LCD based projector that will have NO RBE? please help , I don't know where to start

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-15-2012, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 286
LCD projectors do not have color wheels and no RBE. In your price range ($778 U.S.) is the Viewsonic PRO8200 which is a 1080p DLP projector and does have a color wheel. It seems like you are RBE sensitive so you will want to find dealer in the UK to demo the projector. Consider saving up until you can double your budget.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/viewsonic_pro8200_home_theater_projector_review.htm

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #3 of 4 Old 07-15-2012, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply Mr . G, In Liverpool where I live there is virtually no showrooms or stores that I can go to to see demonstrations of projectors, what do you think of the http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Projectors/Epson-EH-TW480 , as I can live with 720p for now
post #4 of 4 Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 286
The Epson looks more like a business projector that does double duty as a home projector so the specs are not exciting. It does fall within your budget and be found for 449 pounds.

Here's what one owner had to say.
Quote:
Personal Experience
Good and cheap projector for home cinema. smile.gif
Has really good color gamut from dark colors (in opposite of cheap DLP projectors).
Max brightness in eco mode is still too bright for dark room and 2m diagonal size picture on white wall, need dark grey screen surface.
Playing games, watching movies, viewing photos, all was fully satisfied. smile.gif

Problems
Black level is not so good, but internal iris can help significantly, but with really noticeable noise when changing. It is good to be auto iris off.
It seems that focus is different in various places of picture and cannot be precise tuned. When I focus to center, then upper left corner and bottom right corner are blurred. When I focus to upper left corner, then center is blurred and bottom right corner is blurred more then center.
Focusing was not tested at min or max zoom, only at middle.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/part_opinions_details.cfm?opinion_id=13449

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page