Ok I've settled on this one, seems like incredible specs around $500 or less shipped - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 71 Old 07-26-2012, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkVenture View Post

Guys,
Look at the source link the OP posted. It's for viglink. That means every time somebody clicks on it, he gets a small payment. If someone clicks on it and then buys a product, he likely get another cut. All this "research" has just been to keep the thread alive & on top so more people click on the viglink. Nobody wants these crap chinese projectors, its just a scam.

Shame on you for saying that, I know nothing of such schemes! Please check out my credentials before making such a statement. I am here for info, I could give a **** abouut Viviwhateverthehell it is I've linked everywhere I ciould find these cheap new projectors and to some used ones as well!. Shame on you. Mods, please remove any link you wish to remove. I have no dog in any race other than to learn something here. I am here in south Mississippi, I often play music in bars, and here in Brett Farve's swamp we do not accuse people of untoward activity without a darn good reason! Shame on you! I truly thought this forum was above that sort of behavior, I haven't seen anything like this since the old newsgroups in the nineties. Class is something far,far undervalued in today's society. Where I come from personal character is valued well and far above any sort of wealth. Shame.

"I'm a dead hood who could sing a bit and liked to flaunt my Lamborghini at guys who drive Ferraris
..Frank Sinatra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 07-26-2012, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
optoma and coretronics are linked from what I understand and pure laser isnt the next big thing hybreds are.

(fifth element)
post #63 of 71 Old 07-26-2012, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

optoma and coretronics are linked from what I understand and pure laser isnt the next big thing hybreds are.

Sure looks like hybrids have a big, big edge. I haven't seen one in person yet.

"I'm a dead hood who could sing a bit and liked to flaunt my Lamborghini at guys who drive Ferraris
..Frank Sinatra
post #64 of 71 Old 07-26-2012, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

http://www.coretronic.com/products01-1.html
http://www.optoma.com/
look at them logos

Well, now. Didn't some poor dude here say something about some Chinese OEMs producing clones of well known units, because in reality, they probably manufacture very similar unit as oems? Hey how about that it was I (-:

Yeah, yeah, they are very, very different, yeah yeah warrantees suck ,yeah yeah quality control issues, yeah yeah no repair stations yeah yeah. In the audio world it was Behringer, oh how they ragged on Behringer till it was discovered that Behringer was producing major products too. And they still rag on Behringer, but in reality every one owns the gear, it's hidden somewhere, but it's there. I've seen this gator rodeo before, and it always ends the same. I've seen those Optima projectors and they look well made and actually "look" wonderful for the most part.

The truth is we had better get a grip on reality in this world and get to work because the Chinese are kicking all the lazy peoples butt.

I guess the catch here is that the more ethical OEM's in China will not sneak their own versions out of the back door, or will make them very hard to find. This is certainly what happened in the microphone industry and of course many many other tech products. What I always found amusing was the anger engendered when one person bought the major brand at twice the price of the other dude who bought the clone. I will now re-iterate that I have not yet found the equivalent happening here in this realm.

..Frank Sinatra
post #65 of 71 Old 07-26-2012, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

By the way, this thread has turned incredibly informative and quite revealing. I could not have hoped for a better response. What I have learned is there are a great deal of real options now, but the state of the art seems to be in a somewhat abnormal sate of flux. That's good though it's how progress is made.

..Frank Sinatra
post #66 of 71 Old 07-26-2012, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Well, now. Didn't some poor dude here say something about some Chinese OEMs producing clones of well known units, because in reality, they probably manufacture very similar unit as oems?
dosnt happen,Id like to see a chinese dlp knock off..........there isnt one.... there are only 40,000 HT pjs sold yearly-the market is tiny and gonna get smaller with big cheap flatscreen tv,s.

(fifth element)
post #67 of 71 Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

dosnt happen,Id like to see a chinese dlp knock off..........there isnt one.... there are only 40,000 HT pjs sold yearly-the market is tiny and gonna get smaller with big cheap flatscreen tv,s.

I don't think I could ever turn my 50" TV on again, I'm totally spoiled by projection. The TV BTW, is a DYNEX, has an incredibly great picture and sold by Best Buy. Of course I took it apart and it looks strangely like a *.* brand apparently OEM'd by a Chinese company named AOC. I also took apart a Sharp TV which was made in Mexico and was very crappy in design one speaker (Pointing backwards BTW was disconnected). Hell yes I returned it. Chinese quality. Seems an odd phrase but I guess we better get used to it. And Korean stuff? Incredibly well made for the most part IMHO. Are there any Korean projector people?

..Frank Sinatra
post #68 of 71 Old 12-03-2012, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to say, I see the white van pieces of crap projectors around on Craigslist and eBay. I get it now, and I do understand this is (so far) not like the pro audio world and Behringer. Sorry I got pissed, after what I have seen, I would have done the same thing to me that you did. There really are no hidden deals in this area.

..Frank Sinatra
post #69 of 71 Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
The POS's that are linked to the white Van scams are 5 or 7 inch SINGLE TFT screens with a metal halide aquarium lamp behind them. The new LED models popping up are replacing the Halide lamps but it is the same basic pass through design. The quality of the Builds is generally cheesy at best. Most of the outer case is air and designed to LOOK like a quality projector. YOU WILL NEVER GET a quality Picture out of a SINGLE LCD screen no MATTER what you do with it. Its barely good enough for the kiddys but as a home theatre they are useless,

Bohanna
post #70 of 71 Old 12-06-2012, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

The POS's that are linked to the white Van scams are 5 or 7 inch SINGLE TFT screens with a metal halide aquarium lamp behind them. The new LED models popping up are replacing the Halide lamps but it is the same basic pass through design. The quality of the Builds is generally cheesy at best. Most of the outer case is air and designed to LOOK like a quality projector. YOU WILL NEVER GET a quality Picture out of a SINGLE LCD screen no MATTER what you do with it. Its barely good enough for the kiddys but as a home theatre they are useless,
Bohanna

Yep, I see that clearly, can't be done, and won't be done. I get it (-:

..Frank Sinatra
post #71 of 71 Old 12-06-2012, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Wish I could delete this thread. (Em-bare-assed)

..Frank Sinatra
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page