Projector and Media Room Suggestions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-20-2012, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone!

I am hoping to get a little advice and some suggestions. I am currently building a home and I am lucky enough to be able to have a room solely devoted to being a "media / home theater room" I have attached a rough sketch of what I gave the builder for some general wiring and implementation.

As you will see the room is not the largest... only 10'1" x 12'10" but it's the only space I really have to work with. There will be no windows and the room will be completely surrounded by walls (total darkness). I am having 4 can lights installed that can be controlled independently and on an IR switch (trying to automate everything through my HarmonyONE).

I currently have an Onkyo 7.1 system but am wiring through the walls for 7.2 in the future.

What I am looking for are some suggestions on some projectors and screens. We watch a lot of movies and some casual gaming.

I have been looking at the Acer 7500 however I am not sure if this is the best choice.

As far as screens go I am hoping to get a motorized screen but I am really not sure where to start.

Any suggestions regarding the equipment or the room in general would be greatly appreciated.

mediaroom.jpg 36k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mediaroom.jpg (36.2 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-20-2012, 06:10 PM

Liked: 11
You might want to look at the Carada fixed screens, for 1080p projectors, two of the best values on the market today are the Epson 8350 and the Mitsubishi HC4000. Give those a look. You might also want to add wiring for some wall sconces. Are you running the A/V wiring to a closet?
post #3 of 4 Old 07-21-2012, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I do plan on running all the wiring to the closet and having a rack containing the receiver and other items. smile.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 07-21-2012, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
You will get more attention in the dedicated forum here
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page