Optoma GT750E vs. Vivitek D538W-3D help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-21-2012, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
im looking into to be buy a projector. i willing to black out the room im putting it in so light wont be a problem.t the two i zero in on isVivitek D538W-3D and Optoma GT750E. my main problem is i cant find a input lag on Vivitek D538W-3D. i want the Vivitek D538W-3D because of the fact that it already has the 2d to 3d conversion. i will be using it with ps3 and xbox 360 75% percent of the time so lag input is important i know the Optoma GT750E has a really good lag input from what i hear. I will also be using it 10% of the time with 3d movies. The rest will 15% for hopefully 3d sports. i know if i go with the Optoma GT750E i gotta buy 2d to 3d converter any good ones out there or is it even a possibly i don't want red and blue glasses i want a converter that work with dlp link glasses only. one more question if i use it for 3d and only for 3d how much life do u think i will get cause i heard that running these new projector in 3d all the time will wear faster. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-21-2012, 02:54 PM

Liked: 11
Vivitek D538W-3D is HDMI 1.3 not HDMI 1.4 like the Optoma, but yes the Vivitek does have built in 2d to 3d for movies.
The 750e is HDMI 1.4 so it has all the 3D stuff a HDMI 1.4 display should have, but 2D to 3D is not part of the HDMI 3D stuff..and another But..But, who cares, alot of blu-ray players have 2D to 3D anyway so you realy don't need the projector to do it in the first place.

The vivitek and Optoma are only about 80 dollars apart now. I think I would go for HDMI 1.4 with a short throw lens (Optoma) if 3D gaming is going to be 75% of the projectors use. You won't need a converter for 3D game play on the 750e hooked to a Sony PS3/Xbox. Check me on that, but because it is HDMI 1.4 it should be good to go for 3D game play with no need for a converter on those game systems.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks i should have put this in there the 2d to 3d feature will be used for sporting events through a cable box so i think i maybe stuck with vivitek inless the lag unbareable.
post #4 of 8 Old 07-21-2012, 05:16 PM

Liked: 11
Thats cool. I did not know it did the 2D to 3D with live broadcast from a cable box. I thought it was just Blu-ray disk it could convert.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-21-2012, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

From what i understand as long as it hook up to an hdmi it can do the 2d to 3d covertsion. Although it wont look as good as 3d contect
post #6 of 8 Old 07-21-2012, 08:42 PM

I purchased the vivitek a few months ago, and I can tell you right away that 2d-3d is useless, i promise that you will only use it a few times and never touch it again. Having said that, the actual 3d on it is pretty good, the only thing is that you will definetly want to have a screen to throw it on, the projector is not bright enough, and I keep fiddling with the settings to try and eek out as much brightness as I can for 3d.

I would reccomend you hold out and buy the Epson 3010, i find the vivitek just acceptable quality. I have no idea about the Optoma.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-21-2012, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Jujuforever could you please list the pros and cons for the vivitek also do you play on console system wondering about the input lag
post #8 of 8 Old 07-22-2012, 12:03 AM

I've been using it to game with the PS3, here is the biggest problem you will have with your set-up. Audio. There is no output on the projector so you will have to use a digital audio cable from the ps3 to a sound system. I had to buy a converter to change it to RCA so that it would work with my system. Also it only has one input for HDMI. I just got a hdmi splitter box so its not an issue for me anymore.

Input lag would seem to be negligable, I haven't had any problems playing games, i've been playing lots of Uncharted 3 and Batman Arkham City, both in 3D and I'm having a great time, however the brightness is an issue.

Another point is the rainbow effect, this being a DLP, and not having the fastest colour wheel, I found it noticeable from the moment I first used the projector, so has my girlfriend and a few friends who have watched movies on it with me. I found that I eventually ajusted to it and don't notice it as much now, but it still bothers me occasionaly.

Overall it is a good projector, but I still would not recommend it. The picture quality is just workable. It's definetly not as sharp as my old projector. I bought it because I really wanted 3D for cheap and the 2d-3d sucked me in too. I got D538w-3D for under 700$.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page