Epson 8350 flickering on PS3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2012, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping for some assistance here. I've justed received my Epson 8350 recently and am experiencing some flickering when connected to my PS3. The flickering happens on the main PS3 screen and when I am connected to Netflix. Once I am watching a BD movie or playing Madden, the flickering stops.

I've ordered some new 1.4 hdmi cables, is there anything else I can try to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Koln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I was wondering if the flickering problem is more like a pulsing on the menus and words on the PS3 dashboard and Netflix. I've been having the same issue with my PS3 (and a PC) but on a recently purchased Panasonic AR100U. Haven't really figured out if it's the PS3, Cables, or the projector. It doesn't do it on anything else, and when playing video (blu-ray) I haven't noticed it happening. I also haven't noticed it on my Xbox360.

Sorry I'm not of much help, just thought it curious that somebody else is having a similar problem.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, has anyone else had issues similiar to this and/or any idea on a fix?

Thanks,

Koln
Old 07-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I occasionally have some flickering when viewing the PS3 main menu screen through my 8350. I'm not 100% sure, but I do attribute this to the PS3 and the way it's handling 1080p, at least when it's displaying the XMB. If I uncheck 1080p in the PS3 screen settings, the flickering is gone. I never have a problem viewing blu-ray discs and don't watch a lot of Netflix.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:38 AM

I had this same problem. Except mine was only when watching blurays. I have a coby tv and my boyfriend has a Vizio. I never had a problem until I hooked my ps3 to his tv. We found out it wasn't the hdmi cable after trying a different one so I played around in the video settings for the Ps3. I set it to "automatic" and the flickering stopped. Hope it works for you.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

We'll I've resolved my issues,

For my PS3 I had to switch the HDMI output to 1080i for the flickering to stop. I also had flickering when I had my Apple TV connected,
there is no 1080i setting for ATV so I had to change my res to 720p to make the flickering to stop. Does anyone know if this is an issue with the projector
or with the output devices?

Thanks,

K.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had the same issue on the PS3 menu and when streaming Amazon Prime. No issues at all with Blu Ray. I never tried DVD. I called Epson and the guy acted like they had never heard of it. Said it was more typical for the reverse to be true - flicker on 1080p but not other formats... I received a replacement and sent back the defective unit and sure enough the problem is gone. Same HDMI, same AVR, same PS3, different epson. Clearly some units are defective in this respect.

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350