Originally Posted by IP-Man
Rgtaa, because of posts like yours I bought PA70G. One day after running to the store
where I replaced it with a brand new Acer K330. I am now the proud owner of
Paper specifications PA70G look really impressive, but in real life
is not quite right. To me, the comparison looks like this:
- in my country, LG and Acer have the same guarantee - 2 years
- 15000:1 contrast means almost totally black. LG PA70G contrast is not even close to 15000:1. My personal observation is that Acer K330 has better contrast.
- PA70G K330 and use the same LED backlight - RGB LED, PT54 (Luminus), and her life is hardly different in the two models.
20,000 to 30,000 hours, approximately
- even 3W speakers are not sufficient for sound quality, I personally have a 200W THX
- For LG PA70G none professional review, only impressions to users who are rarely objective.
- For Acer K330 has many professional reviews and most are very positive.
After my comparison of the two models I would recommend highly Acer K330, not PA70G.
I'm totally objective because I had two models on the table and simply chose the best (Acer K330)
If you asked me after playing with the PA70G for 3 hours after I got it , I would have had to agreed with you 100 percent!
But I gave it a second chance the next day, and found out why I had a bad first impression.
I didn't know about the calibration settings and all the screens it shows and asks you "which picture looks better" , this or the other. 6 or 7 menu screens with options.
Also, when I set my 42 inch hdtv , next to the PA70G , and watched the exact same TV show, second for second, THEN doing advanced settings, made the picture on the 70g as good as or even better than the 42 inch hdtv. Without doing that, I had the PA70G set up all wrong, I had no reference to set it up with.
My build date was nov 2012, and I do have uniform focus top to bottom, left to right. If I didn't I would have returned it, like you did.
Now the 6 watts of speakers in stereo (3x2) is very powerful for small unit, meaning I can take a 32 gig memory stick with me and just the PJ and it can play all my media, and pdf's .
Since you have 2 year warranty in europe, it's not that way in USA. So the extra year in USA of LG is good for me.
You like the Acer K330 and I hope you enjoy it.
I hope we get some PRO reviews on the 70g, it's so NEW, I guess it will take time.
Maybe it's a good thing, because early production of 70g had focus problems.