Moving to new house - lots of light - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-06-2012, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone!

I haven't posted in quite a while - its good to be back. I just moved from an apartment into a house. I had light blocking curtains in the apartment so that I could easily run my older Optoma HD80 projector - the house has many more windows and skylights and will be much more difficult to dim with curtains (and would take away from the overall open theme of the house). Are there any newer projectors what would be OK to run in this type of situation? I REALLY love my PJ and would hate to go back to "regular" LCD/LED TV's if I could avoid it. Also might as well consider 3D PJ's while I'm at it. Thank you all in advance for your thoughts - I am such a PJ noob.

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 48
The large Mitts DLP tv top out 92" would be a good choice if you have the room for it. You could always rear project your projector if you have a setup room behind a wall, No front projection will work well in non light controlled room but some of the light cannons are watchable but blacks will always be washed out

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #3 of 4 Old 08-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Roy

I am debating for the same thing.

I mainly watch movies during night in family room, so light control might not be a huge problem. The 92" DLP projection TV looks pretty good and price is good. But it is huge and I can hardly find a stand for it. My family room is 20' x 24' with 10' ceiling. Front projector is good and costs less if I DIY a 110" screen and use a low end projector, but I don't have a "real" TV in family room then.

Advice?
post #4 of 4 Old 12-29-2012, 04:44 AM

I too faced similar problem when I shifted to my new house. I gave contract to the moving company queens for arranging all the stuff like TV, projector and proper light effects. It truly helped me a lot.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page