Problem - Dim Vertical areas? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2012, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

Let me first say i have know idea what to even call this phenomenon let alone do a search for it so i'm sorry if it's already been posted about.

Now onto the issue.

I have an Epson TW3200 ( http://www.epson.com.au/products/projector/eh-tw3200_specs.asp )

As you can see in this picture (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/Goblin080/2012-08-07155558.jpg ), there are 2 very visible areas on the screen that look different from the rest. When viewed on the white screen of a full screen notepad file as is seen in the image above you get two patches of (purple)? polarisation? Reflection off some source??? and when i'm playing a game or watching a movie those areas of the screen are very dim, to the point where it makes the image indistinguishable, particularly in the top of the right hand patch.

I've ruled out reflection from the down lights in the ceiling, and reflection from the walls of the room, my newest theory has to do with the lens improperly transmitting the light in some way or blocking it some how. Everything is centered to within a few cm and the angle from the bottom of the image to the projector is roughly 15 deg.

The projector has done around 2600 hours,has just had it's second bulb installed, and is only about 9 months old, as far as i can remember the problem has always been there and nothing i have done has affected it.

Firstly and most importantly i'd like to know what i'm dealing with, even just the name of it would help because i'd then be able to look it up myself, for the moment i'm stumped.

secondly i was wondering what people's advice is on fixing the issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so it's been about two weeks now, thought i'd bring this back into the active area cause it's still a problem.

I've done some reading and was wondering if this is the sort of thing caused by misaligned mirrors?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I am not shure what US model this is (8100?} Looks like dust blobs to me or its degraded LCD's/polorizers. It must be under warrenty at 9 months. If not take it apart and attempt to blow out the dust, other wise its not worth fixing.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care