Big kid with little kids needs help being an even more super cool dad - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking for a little while. I just finished my basement. my "theater" is more of a media room. It is 16 x17 with the back wall being pocket doors that slide into wall to open up to the rest of the basement. Primary use is sports/movies with secondary video games. The room itself is light controlled with only one small window. Sound proofing has been done, except obviously the pocket door, which isn't a big issue. I put in 2.5 inch pvc piping as conduit for cables. I'm struggling a little bit with the projector. I lean towards LCD, but don't know as much about DLP.

Thoughts on Projector? Budget is around 2500. I've researched the Epson 5010 and the Panasonic AE7000, but could I do the Epson 3010? or other projector. Is the 5010 or 7000 worth the extra money for my use. Or am I not even looking at the right projectors?

Also any thoughts on screen size for my room?

PICS!!

The pocket doors are 3 feet each (total 9 feet of opening) to allow to see from rec room just outside. 3.5 feet of wall space inside theater to either side of opening.