Refresh rates in Front-Projection units - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-10-2012, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello! I have been huge into HDTV since I bought my first one in 2007. My favorite one is the one that I have to date, which is a Panny 58v10 (I've not needed to upgrade over this. Mine didn't have the rising black levels and still has a fairly low hourly count)

Within the next two years I plan on getting into projectors. While looking at HT rooms built by members of this forum, it seems there are a lot of older projectors still in use. Are lamps for projectors easy to come by several years down the road?

But now on to the title of the thread: refresh rates. I can look at a TV and in less than 24 frames I'll tell you whether it's 60hz, 96hz, or 120hz

I cannot STAND 120hz. It looks terrible. I'd take 60 over it any day (keep in mind I virtually only ever use blu ray on my TV, and I've had horrible experiences gaming with the Samsung60d8k led at 120hz).

I went to a local home theater shop the other day that had ten display rooms set up. Out of these ten rooms, exactly one of the projectors was running at 96hz. Is it really that hard to find?

Any recommendations for good 96hz projectors? I don't care so much about 3D, but the family might, so I guess that capability would be preferable. But if the choice is 3D vs 96hz, 96hz takes it easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-12-2012, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The frame rate isn't what you are complaining about. Google frame interpolation, that is what you dislike. 120hz should look the same as 96.

You can turn off FI on tv's as well as projectors. It's a non issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic , Projectors , Panasonic Tcp58v10 58 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page