Optoma GT750 searching for source - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all, this is my first projector and am super excited to start using it. I purchased the GT750 with a fixed frame elite frame and it looks fantastic! I am however having one issue that I can't seem to find anything online about. I will call the customer service next week but hope that someone here has had a similar issue.

Anyway, here is my setup. I have an AT&T Uverse cable box, Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 all plugged into a component switcher using component cables and optical audio cables. From the switcher, I have the audio out going to the receiver and the video out going to the GT750, again with component cables. The component cables connect to the GT750 with the VGA adapter supplied with the projector. If I use the Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360, no issues at all. I can play games, watch Blu-Rays or stream netflix all without any issues at all. When I want to watch cable, I find the projector searches for source very frequently, not as much during a show but almost every time a commercial comes on or changes. Its almost as if the projector can't sense the cable box is sending it a signal so it starts to search for a new source.

i have the source set on the VGA setting on the projector so it never looks at other sources, the screen just goes white and it says "Searching VGA" in the lower right of the screen. Any one ever have this? Any thoughts on what I should try? At first i thought i had a bad cable but all the games work great and I even swapped out the component to VGA converter and it changed nothing. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
This sometimes (not very often) happens on my cable box with HDMI connection through my receiver. The GT750 in my opinion has an 'over aggressive' auto input sensing timing/circuit. And when it does sense/change resolutions and formats (esp in 3D) it can go into AV Mute mode (need to manual hit the AV Bypass button on the projector which is very bothersome.) Unfortunately these issues probably cannot be fixed unless sent back and firmware updated (not even sure if Optoma has a firmware update for this model never heard of one.) Two things you could try are bypassing the component switcher with the Uverse box output (see if this improves things and if it does try a different component switcher) or try using the HDMI output of the cable box.

Derek
post #3 of 4 Old 08-13-2012, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, i will try different cables tonight. I did talk to AT&T today to question this and they said the signal for commercials is different then regular programming so this is going to happen. They said they are working on a fix but don't have a time frame. I am wondering what cable provider do you have? Is it better with Comcast or Charter or are they all the same? I would assume they are the same but when they said they are working on a fix it makes me wonder.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-10-2012, 07:09 PM

I am having the same problem when switching channels between HD and regular cable channels (480p). The cable box menu is 480p. so when the on demand menu is turned on same problem. I have comcast so the commercial issue, is not an issue for me. I have been powering it off and on b/c the remote control will not turn of the av mute when this happens. so thanks to previous guy for letting us know to use the av mute button on the unit rather annoying but better than waiting for a power cycle.

If there was a way to turn off the scanning that my help. i am going to look into that and i will report back if it works.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Gt750e 3000 Lumen 720p 3d Gaming Projector , Projectors , Playstation 3 160gb System , Microsoft Xbox , Optoma Gt750 Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page