Changing Aspect ratio in PAN 7000 and Epson 5010 PJ. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-15-2012, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry for posting this in multiple places.

Have a question with Epson 5010 (recently bought a week ago) related to changing Aspect ratio. I read from the manual with HDMI connection, the aspect ratio cannot be changed manually and PJ selects it automatically. With my limited testing so far, i see it was set to "Normal" mode. Here is my Q - Say i have a 16:9 ratio 100 inch screen/ Playing one of the latest Hollywood movie from my Blueray player (regular DVD or Bluray DVD) what should i be expecting here? Will i see a full image in my 100 inch screen or not? I see similar posts in this thread where people asking the same Q.(http://www.avsforum.com/t/1377321/official-epson-powerlite-home-cinema-5010-6010-thread/1020#post_21655309) It sounds silly to me aspect ratio cannot be changed when connected to HDMI. Same question i have for other sources like PC or cable receiver etc. Note i am not going to use 2:35.1 and i just need to understand with 16:9 screen whether i can view full screen possibly all sources (Bluray/PC/Cable etc).. With a normal HDTV i do not see this issue at all and i am surprised to see this with EPson. The final Q i have whether anyone knows Panasonic AE7000 has the same limitation with 16:9 screen..

With Pan AE7000 PJ, can i change aspect ratio (say to full screen) irrespective of the sources (BluRay/DVD/PC/Cable receiver etc) as long as my PJ is connected via HDMI to good reputable receiver. I am running to the below issue with EPSON 5010 and looking for answers How it works in Panasonic before i decide whether to return Epson and go with AE 7000 PJ.
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page