Epson 9700UB problems...ugh.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Epson 9700UB that is about 14 months old. At about 700hrs, the light bulb blew. Epson was kind enough to send a replacement even though it came with a replacement bulb since 700hrs was way too short of a lifespan. Tonight, I was watching TV and suddenly the projector shut down and now I'm getting both warning lights flashing red. It happened during a "resolution change". My Satellite box routes through my receiver and it is set to pass through the native signal vs. converting it to a set resolution so I always get a black screen and flicker as it changes from 720p/1080i/1080p.

The manual said it's an "internal problem" and I need to unplug it and contact support. Epson support is closed, but I'll be calling them in the morning. I was wondering if anyone had issues like this or if this is a known problem? I have to say while I was pretty happy with their customer service with my bulb, I'm pretty disappointed in the quality right now. A short life bulb and now this? I do use my projector as my every day system so it's used maybe more than the average projector but at this price point, I expected better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-15-2012, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
wrong forum. I don't know how to delete this, but I'm going to repost to the $3000+ forum.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page