Panasonice AE4000 image issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-19-2012, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I normally like to google my own problems, but I don't know what to call this issue. I've tried every adjustment I can find in the menu's and with the mount I have (peerless prg mount) and I cannot figure out why the image is doing this. Basically on the right half of the screen its perfectly sized and straight. The left side starting at about the middle of the screen the top and bottom slightly angle up/down so that the far left border is a bit smaller than the right side. I checked keystone and those settings didn't seem to do anything. Anyone have any ideas ? The grey is my screen black would be the edge of the image.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-19-2012, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Normally that might occur if the pj isn't perfectly level. Might wanna check that?
post #3 of 4 Old 08-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
^^^What they said. Had the same issue when i first got my Epson 8350 and it was all because i didn't have my projector leveled and my front end wasn't facing the screen flat on.

Supporting both HD-DVD and Blu-ray
My DVD Collection
post #4 of 4 Old 08-20-2012, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbakja View Post

I normally like to google my own problems, but I don't know what to call this issue. I've tried every adjustment I can find in the menu's and with the mount I have (peerless prg mount) and I cannot figure out why the image is doing this. Basically on the right half of the screen its perfectly sized and straight. The left side starting at about the middle of the screen the top and bottom slightly angle up/down so that the far left border is a bit smaller than the right side. I checked keystone and those settings didn't seem to do anything. Anyone have any ideas ? The grey is my screen black would be the edge of the image.

As the others have pointed out incorrect alignment is the cause of your problem. Assuming your projector is level front to back and side to side, the problem is from the projector lens not being square to the screen. Make sure that any menu corrections (keystone, etc.) you tried are set back to zero.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page