DVI Display all the sudden not workin - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-21-2012, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a sharp XR30X which has a DVI-D port for the hi def port. I have been running an HDMI cable from the directv receiver to a HDMI to DVI adapter, which connects to the projector.

Until now, this has worked perfectly fine. All of the sudden,it no longer is showing any images I attempt to display through the DVI port. I have tested other working devices and receivers and I get the same result. With that being said, I have narrowed it down to the adapter ($3 to replace) or the projector port, which would be a tracesty because I'd probably have to get a new projector.

Anyway, i will have a different adapter tomorrow to test and hopefully a picture comes through. However, if it does not, I may be hosed in a bad way.

Any ideas of settings or anything else I can try ahead of time? I already reset all the settings to default but no luck. Different receiver,, blu-ray, latop all no luck. Tried hdmi cable on a dif receiver and tv and it works so i know its not the cable. This is a head scratcher considering nothing has changed since I last turned it on which was around NBA Finals time in June...

Open to ideas and suggestions

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Not the answer you're hoping for - but if your new adapter doesn't work just run component cable to your projector, Monoprice has 50 feet for around $12. With your 720p (1024x768) resolution I doubt you will see any difference in picture quality between component and DVI. However watching Blu-ray's via component may be more problematic. It's not uncommon for DVI and HDMI inputs on projectors to just stop working.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page