HD33, 3D Invert Sync setting does not stay & Screen size become smaller on 24Hz in 3D Mode - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

Want to seek advice. I have this problem.

1. I need to on the 3D Invert Sync everytime when watching 3D movies, otherwise it will not give a proper image, But the setting doe not stay and everything i off and on the projector, it will back to default. Any way to solve this ?

2. The projector screen size is adjusted at 1080P, 60Hz, But When i activate the 3D Mode, which is in 24Hz, the screen size become smaller ? Why and is this normal ?

My screen on 1080P, 60Hz connected to HTPC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-30-2012, 02:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 49
You don't say what video card you have. If its nvidia when setting up 3D mine will default to 720p24hz and you have to change it in the nvidia controll panel to 1080p/24. There are other settings to consider like RGB etc, latest drivers and what 3D player you have all will effect picture size.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #3 of 7 Old 08-30-2012, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

My HTPC spec

Windows 7 64
Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
Ati Radeon HD 6670

Using TMT 5 for 3D viewing

Even if I change the desktop resolution to 24hz manually, the screen will be smaller.

Not normal ?
post #4 of 7 Old 08-31-2012, 02:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I can't help you with the ATI card, but I'm sure its were the problems is ( I've had several and never could get one to work right with my Blu Ray burner). My Nvidia GT430 is my first Nvida card and has been the easyest to setup. I would check the HTPC treads for ATI card setup.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #5 of 7 Old 09-01-2012, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Solved the unsized screen issue, just went to the scaling option, set the display to 24hz, then adjust the stalling, now both 24hz and 60hz, the screen is full. biggrin.gif
post #6 of 7 Old 09-02-2012, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I use to have those same issues with my setup using an AMD 6870. One of the things you will notice is the software version of TMT 5 you are running. Make sure it is the latest. Also make sure that your device manager recognizes the display instead of having a generic display listed. Cyberlink Powerdvd does not care but TMT might. This has to do the with the AMD HD3D part where it recognizes your projector as 120Hz frame sequential instead of HDMI 1.4 Frame packing. I struggled with this issues until I created a custom edid that had an HDMI 1.4 3D table listed and recognized when I replaced the driver under the monitor on device manager. If you use Powerdvd you can force HDMI 1.4 in the setting and the desired resolution. The eye flipping is caused by the lack of use of HDMI 1.4 protocols for negotiating the left or right eye. m Lastly you did not not mention if you had a receiver in line and if it is HDMI 1.4 compliant or not. I have one and had to merge EDIDs to make my setup work. Now with Windows 8 I don't have to fuss with any of that as the OS has better detection for HDMI standards. When running 3D, it is best to have your desktop running at the resolution you wish to use for 3D.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-04-2012, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Rican for the reply. I able to get the framepacking selected via TMT5. I dont have that issue and maybe because the software is the latest.

If i change the polarity of the glass, will it solve the problem that everytime i need to on the 3D Invert Sync ?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Projectors , Windows 7 Vista Xp Media Center Mce Pc Remote Control And Infrared Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page