Help me choose the right projector.... My first ONE!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-02-2012, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Looking for a projector want a 120in screen.. I'm lost been looking at reviews but don't know which one.. Price range is 3000$ looked at Epsom 5010 Panasonic AE7000.. Can you tell me which will be the better pick or if there is something better out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-02-2012, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
The new pj's are coming out soon, http://www.avsforum.com/t/1427196/new-epson-home-cinema-3020-5020-and-6020 so you might want to wait for them, or for a possible price drop. Those two pj's are both good, Epson a little brighter which helps for 3D viewing, and Panasonic has less lag for gaming. You'll find proponents for both, and one will be a little better at some things, and a little worse on other aspects.

Chose one that best meets your criteria, for the content you'll be watching. I considered both, and went with the Epson for the brighter image for 3D. On a 126" 1.3 gain screen, running in ECO mode, it's plenty bright for watching football etc, with some ambient light in the room. The 6010 got me an extra bulb, mount, 2 pair of glasses, extra yr of warranty, and a THX mode. I needed the mount, and glasses aren't that cheap.

Those features, and along with Epsons customer service record, swayed me. Some things to consider, and being their both good, along with the Sony HW30, and Benq W7000, makes it a difficult choice. So narrow down your requirements and see which one fits the bill.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1382091/jvc-rs-45-sony-hw30-benq-w7000-epson-5010-mini-shootout
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page