Yeah, it's funny as hell. Just too much fun. biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rgtaa, you were very correct in stating that I said we had 30 million customers. I don't have 30 million customers. There has been 30 million systems sold via direct marketing. I have about 40,000 customers. I apologize for lying:) I got caught up in the moment. The only point I want to make is this. When sold truthfully at accurate specs it's a good deal. They're not junk as what Sheridan stated. I sell many different things rgtaa. I'm in the liquidation business. Just standing up for a product that I think was worth standing up for. Take care
post #33 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 02:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I don't think anyone with a projector knowledge would recommend a $1400 projector that has a resolution of 800X600. Not even for $400, it just won't cut it around here. I just bought a Casio XJ-A140 for $375 and that has a resolution of 1024X768. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone but a kid, for I bought it for my 5yr old nephew to watch cartoons and other non HD material in my theater. I just don't want to turn on my jvc projector for him. If the Casio was a bulb projector, I would not have spent over $200 for it. For a 800X600 projector, I would not buy it for more than $100, that's just being honest.
post #34 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 111
DR Volare, Please contact Smackrabbit and send him one of your Fantastic flashlight powered 5" TFT single panel toys and let him review it for the world http://www.avsforum.com/u/16380/smackrabbit
If you dare!
post #35 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 330
subscribed
post #36 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 20
White van scam.

Dr volare, your white van scam only works on ignorant rednecks and pawn shops, this is an enthusiast board.

That projector is worth 100 tops. 2500 lumens my arse.
post #37 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Volare View Post

Rgtaa, you were very correct in stating that I said we had 30 million customers. I don't have 30 million customers. There has been 30 million systems sold via direct marketing. I have about 40,000 customers. I apologize for lying:) I got caught up in the moment. The only point I want to make is this. When sold truthfully at accurate specs it's a good deal. They're not junk as what Sheridan stated. I sell many different things rgtaa. I'm in the liquidation business. Just standing up for a product that I think was worth standing up for. Take care

How many of those 40,000 own white vans?
post #38 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM

Verge2 Your arse? Damn Brits! JK, your arse would be mine in a bet. You guys keep throwing this white van scam in my face. If I approached you on the street then by all means feel free to talk smack out of your arse. Your opinion is false Serge I mean verge. Please show documented claims to back up your farce arse! Once again all I did was prove my point as to how not one of you have proof this is junk or a $50-$100 projector! It may not be $5,000, it may not be $1,000 it may not be $600, but it's not a $50 piece of junk! Point made once again. Please do respond with something greater than your own biased opinions. A solid $300-$500 projector it is. Especially with a warranty, tech support, a BUSINESS backing it! You're very correct verge, I'm very enthused to be part of this forum. I understand it's not the greatest, I have not once stated that it was. It's a nice unit for a few hundred dollars. Your arse must hurt after that one, lol. Have a great night guys!
post #39 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
dr volare!
You are amazing, saying they get warranty, and business backing it up. You told us you are in liquidation business. So you got a bunch of these PJ's at super big discount.

And you say warranty, and business backing it up, you mean the same business and warranty that made the bogus claims about this PJ being 7,000 lumens LED, and all the other crap on that website. And you expect anyone to trust that company .

You sound like some of us are trying to convince you of something. I assure you , I'm not and Nobody else is.

What we are doing is ALERTING any FOOL that would buy from you, that you are just as BOGUS as the company that makes this PJ.

You don't see yet, that we , in this room , are onto your game, and all yout "slick arguments" is where all of us are "laughing and thinking this is so funny". That you can with straight face, run your bullsh$t like this and go on and on. Priceless.

Guy, a 800x600 NO name PJ for 1,400 dollars or 500 dollars, when they can go on amazon and pick up a viewsonic 800x600 for 200-300 dollars and get 3 year warranty and 2,500 lumens.

The person who started this thread, was considering buying this from I guess you, or someone like you, we are hoping if any one plugs in volare hd20k they will come to this forum room, and read about the scam. I'm sure you are not as comfortable knowing that many "marks" you sell to, are becoming consumer literate. smile.gif
post #40 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 07:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Why are you guys keeping this ridiculous thread going, please just let it die as it should, it's silly nonsense and not entertaining at all. confused.gif

Jason
post #41 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Why are you guys keeping this ridiculous thread going, please just let it die as it should, it's silly nonsense and not entertaining at all. confused.gif
Jason

Well, I understand it is not entertaining for YOU, but to say it's not entertaining to EVERYONE, might not be true, if some are amused about it. You know NOW to avoid this thread, and you should. But you know how some people stop and look at "accidents on the side of the road", when it slows up traffic. It's a little like that, I wonder what dr Volare will say next and if others will crack jokes.

You should stick to the serious threads, but, I know you got a good sense of humor, this thread doesn't tickle your funny bone. I understand. (but it cracks me up) biggrin.gif
post #42 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Volare View Post

Verge2 Your arse? Damn Brits! JK, your arse would be mine in a bet. You guys keep throwing this white van scam in my face. If I approached you on the street then by all means feel free to talk smack out of your arse. Your opinion is false Serge I mean verge. Please show documented claims to back up your farce arse! Once again all I did was prove my point as to how not one of you have proof this is junk or a $50-$100 projector! It may not be $5,000, it may not be $1,000 it may not be $600, but it's not a $50 piece of junk! Point made once again. Please do respond with something greater than your own biased opinions. A solid $300-$500 projector it is. Especially with a warranty, tech support, a BUSINESS backing it! You're very correct verge, I'm very enthused to be part of this forum. I understand it's not the greatest, I have not once stated that it was. It's a nice unit for a few hundred dollars. Your arse must hurt after that one, lol. Have a great night guys!

It uses a 5 inch mini LCD computer screen with a crude light behind it. The display engine was never meant for a projector. It is useless trash. Keep on bumping the thread though, we are just keeping it on top of google.
post #43 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Btw, in the manual that was written by somebody who uses English as a 4th language(you couldn't afford 20 bucks to have a 5th grader revise it?) it makes repeated references to the "lamp" inside the projector. Why are you representing it as an LED device? I'm almost certain it is using a cheap halogen lamp because 1, they are cheap, and 2 all the per white van projectors do as well.
post #44 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

It uses a 5 inch mini LCD computer screen with a crude light behind it. The display engine was never meant for a projector. It is useless trash. Keep on bumping the thread though, we are just keeping it on top of google.

My thoughts exactly. This thread is IMPORTANT, because if this thread was NOT here, people could get SCAMMED, and this thread would not show up if someone Plugged in "volare hd 20k" into google search engine. And they could be directed to the homepage that gives faulty info (you and me would know it was bogus, but someone who knows nothing about PJ's could think it was legit). We are on same PAGE. Exposing this scam, is a good thing, and hopefully if someone looking for PJ comes to this room, they will stay and learn about the legit PJ's.

Dr Volare showed up here yesterday trying to share how "good" this PJ is, therefore NEW activity. And the rest of us have countered his claims with HUMOR.
post #45 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

If you want humor, read the manual. It's the worst translation ever.
post #46 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Not trying to add salt to the wound, but its funny how this guy said its one of the best projectors under $1500. Then he said its probably worth $1000, then $700, then $600, then $500, then $400, and just recently he said its worth $300.
post #47 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 PM

I can't believe I just spent 15 minutes reading this. Unfortunately there are people out there that will buy due to price alone and will not do their due diligence. Anyone that spends any time looking into this projector knows it's a POS and will move on to something else. That's the bottom line. Moving on to the next thread.
post #48 of 49 Old 01-02-2013, 11:44 PM

Rgtaa you can say this about me. Any product I sell even a salvage return lot from costco, if a customer is either unhappy or the product doesn't work I will either exchange it or give a refund. I came onto this forum in regards to Sheridan calling it junk. To you guys it's junk. To others it's a nice piece that their family watches every night. Your rude remarks and your trash talk has been fun. Many people dislike what I do and I myself dislike what they do. It's called business. 10 different people will have ten different stories and the truth is floating above all looking down saying how can different people see it in different ways.To Sheridan it's a piece of junk. I just wanted to know if he actually had one and had a truthful post. Obviously he didn't. Best projector for the $400 I stated it's worth in my opinion. Call it biased, call it uneducated, call it whatever you want almighty guru! JUST DON'T CALL ME LATE FOR DINNER! It has been a blast guys, I did better than I thought I would. Till the next thread... Happy 2013
post #49 of 49 Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 330
thread closed
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page