Need a bit of advice on buying refurbished or not.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
im looking into buying a Optoma GT750E. brand new on amazon.com $678 there is also a refurbished on for $559. would it be a good or bad idea to get a projector that is refurbished? this is my first projector so im just not to sure on how i feel about it being refurbished. I have bought many refurbished things with success but i just would like some input. thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-07-2012, 12:44 PM

Liked: 13
Well.....If it were a refurbished Epson, I know they have warranties the same as the brand new models. I think Epson is pretty much the only projector company you will find that does that (I could certainly be wrong though). With a price difference of only $119, you might want to consider buying the new model so you get the manufacturer warranty and some more peace of mind. However, if you have read about people having great luck with the refurbished ones, then maybe get one. ---You can always buy a third party warranty, and probably for less than the price difference of $119. One company to consider if you go that route is Square Trade Warranty. I've used them before and they are legit. Hope this helps. Happy hunting.

post #3 of 3 Old 09-07-2012, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thank you. I'm gonna go with a brand new one. Square trade 1 year warranty was 80$. Not worth it. Thanks you
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page