The official Panasonic PT-AR100U Owners Thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #241 of 241 Old 08-01-2016, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulpha View Post
Thanks again Mr G for the update! Good inspiration for me to order a new lamp....

After getting 10,725 hrs on my 3rd lamp (finally died with an error), I've got my original "backup" lamp in but it's now over 5,400 hrs and noticeably dim. Still usable in our controlled-light living room but half the shows we watch tend to be in the dark end of the scale, heh!

I've always stuck with name-brand Panasonic, but the price is so damn steep. I tried a unit from China but it died after only 900 hrs - that's like a week in our house - but some of them are so low in price it's tempting to try again. They seem to sell a lot via eBay and Amazon, but not much in the way of follow up reviews to indicate whether they last. I tried an "OEM" Ushio (yes, I informed the supplier that Ushio is/was in fact NOT an OEM for Panasonic), but it didn't fit... just slightly off in size so I had to return and upgrade for a Pana. The Pana lamp is going to cost me over $400 CDN by the time it's delivered - I could get at least 6 Chinese lamps for that amount! Hmmm....

Thoughts? Thx!
Amazing story of the torture test you've put this projector through!

As I said in my last post I pulled the previous lamp because it was too dim for me. However it only had 2700 hours on it. I boxed it up and put it away but it's yours if you want it. Just PM me. - G

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP