Need help Connecting HDMI to Infocus SP7200 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-17-2012, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I inherited an old sp7200 with a new bulb, a fine projector in its day, and still good enough to use. I have a sony BDP-s185 blu-ray player that runs sound through a harmon kardon avr 146. The receiver only has an HDMI switch and won't process any signals, audio or video, from the hdmi.The blu-ray player only has an hdmi, digital audio, and rca out. No component since it is newer than 2011. I tried to connect the video with an hdmi to M1-DA adapter from monoprice. All I got was a black signal, different from the blue "no signal" screen. The frustrating part is that when I hook my hp laptop up to the Projector using the same adapter and hdmi cable, no problem. Anyone know why this is? I tried to play with the output settings on the blu ray player but so far no luck. My main question is what is the best way to get at least a 720p out of my blu-ray? I am trying to not dump very money into this setup since it is already dated, but at the same time would like to milk it for all she's worth. Has anyone had luck with an older infocus projector and hdmi? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-18-2012, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Have a look here.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/787535/infocus-sp7200

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #3 of 3 Old 04-10-2013, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
scubasteve,

Were you able to resolve your issue? I am in a similar situation with the same SP7200. I have been using the component video inputs up until now. But I thought I would try to use the M1-DA input from an HDMI source to get a better quality signal. As of yet I have been unable to get it to work. I don't get any picture or sync at all when I connect a DVD player, it just cycles through the auto scanning. But when I connect a PC, it works perfectly.

I am using an HDMI to DVI-D cable and then a DVI-D to M1-DA adapter.

I just found out that InFocus sells a specific M1-DA adapter for their projectors and they claim that aftermarket adapters won't work. So I have ordered one to try.

Reading through the other threads, it looks like it could be related to HDCP problems on the main board of the projector, but since the projector is out of support now, there really is no way to verify that, nor get a replacement board.

Have you had any luck?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page