Projector Recommendation Needed - Church Display - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-18-2012, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Howdy,

My parent's church is looking to add a projector and screen to their sanctuary. I'm looking for any recommendations on either specific projectors or at least specific features we should be looking for.

Here's the details...

Pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kdqvsx3cke79w2/CUMC_pic2.JPG

The projector will be ceiling mounted just in front of the ceiling fan shown in the pic.
The screen will be mounted in front of the big cross (which will be removed) around the curve in the beam on the ceiling.

Approximate throw distance is around 15'
Screen size will be around 84" - 100".

As you can see, there are tons of windows so I know we'll need a decent amount of lumens. However I don't know what a decent amount is. 2000? 3000? More?
We also want a pj that has decent bulb life since it will be a royal pain to get up there to change it. However, if it gets used for a few hours a week, even 2,000 hours would last 10+ years.
If there are filters or things that need to be changed, those should also not be needing to be changed often.

At the church I go to, we have some Akai or Eiki or something like that projectors that work fine. I don't know the model or specs or anything.

They have a budget or around a couple thousand dollars. If it costs that much, that's fine. If it can be done for less, that's great. smile.gif I don't want to spend any more than we have to but still want a decent machine in both specs and quality/reliability.

Any opinions would be great.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
You might mention how much of a budget? Some picks by Coderguy, http://www.avsforum.com/t/1391476/coderguys-top-projector-picks
The Viewsonic might suffice and has a long life bulb rating, about $800
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1298652/viewsonic-pro8200-it-exists
post #3 of 3 Old 09-19-2012, 08:13 AM

Liked: 10
We install a ton of the Benq SH960, SP891, and SP920P in churches.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page