Optoma HD180 lamp error problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-20-2012, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wanted to see if anyone has any insight on what may be causing this problem that I'm having with the Optoma HD180. Since i got the projector i have been running the lamp on bright mode. One day i decided to see what the normal more power saving mode looked like and i switched the lamp off of bright. As soon as i made this selection my projector went off completely and i got flashing lights on the bottom of the projector the power light was solid red and the lamp lighted blinked amber/orange. this error according to the manual from my reading - though the table used for color coded errors is a bit hard to figure out means the lamp has failed. So i unplug the projector and let it sit a few hours plug it back in and it fires up immediately - runs a few hours and then goes out again. Mind you, this is a new lamp with less than 300 hours on it. I decide to switch lamps to my original that had never blown out but was really high in hours when i decided to change lamps. i put in the original lamp and the same problem occurs it runs for a few hours and suddenly will go off with the lights blinking.

any ideas what the problem could be? it seems if my lamps were truly bad that they would never come on to begin with let alone run for a few hours.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-30-2012, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just experienced a similar issue starting last week. It runs for 20-40mins, then shut-off the lamp and fan and blink red light like it is a lamp failure. I think it is overheating though!

There is an option in the menu, high altitude, that runs fan at full blast if selected. I tried that and the malfunction didn't occur (I tried only twice, so I need more hours of testing!). This makes me think that at normal speed the fan is not cooling off the projector anymore. Potential reason could be dust inside.
The projector has two years and less than 300 hours as well.

Did you fix your problem?
Overheating makes the most sense, since the projector restarts just fine after unplugging electricity for 1 min.

Curios to know if you fixed your issue.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page