Best Place to Get Official Mitsubishi HC1500 Replacement Lamp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-24-2012, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The time has come for me to get a replacement lamp for my Mitsubishi HC1500 Projector. I know there are a bunch of bulbs available on eBay for around $150, but I'm assuming these are "knock off" bulbs that won't last as long, etc. I'd prefer to get the official bulb for my projector so that I can expect the same performance and life from it as my original bulb. The question I have is where is the best place to buy the original bulb, preferably without spending over $300 for it. I've looked at the BestBuy website and a couple other "reputable" places, but even on those sites it's hard to tell if what they are selling is the authentic bulb or just an overpriced "knock off". So another question I have is what's the best way to tell if I'm getting the real thing or not?

Thanks,
Harry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-24-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 107
what is the Mitsubishi part number is VLT-HC910LP Then provantage has the OEM lamp, I purchased this lamp for my HC3000 just about 3000 hours of use ago and still burning strong on ECO.
http://www.provantage.com/mitsubishi-vlt-hc910lp~7MITP056.htm

Sorry but OEM lamps are $300 and they should last over 3000 hour so you get what you pay for..

If you go to a reputable site like provantage you will see the Mitsubishi logo and the visit manufacture links go to Mitsubishi..
post #3 of 3 Old 09-24-2012, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

Sorry but OEM lamps are $300 and they should last over 3000 hour so you get what you pay for..

+1
Remember, you are paying for the great quality you got from the original bulb which was made in Japan, and you wont get that same quality from a knockoff.

Also, here is another link for the bulb itself and here is something to read carefully and note, especially at the end.

I bought mine [same bulb as yours, but for an HD1000U] from eBay and it was in an original Mitsu box and the lamp was sealed and it had the right markings based on what is said in the last link above in the last paragraphs.
So once you get it and open the box, make sure that the markings are there just for your final piece of mind.

BTW, Mitsi bulbs are famous for their longevity; my HD1000U is on its 5th year and 4300+ hours on its original bulb in low mode.

HTH smile.gif
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page