Help need a Replacment - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 09-27-2012, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
Fillyfan215's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm ready to move on from my HD66 to something with a little more juice and I need a hand. I was aiming for the HD33 but because the HD66 is no longer working I need to move quicker then I was hoping. I do want a upgrade from my previous picture so I do have to make a small leap forward. I have narrowed it down to the Optoma HD20 and BenQ EP5920, since both seem to fit the criteria and also can be had for under a $1000. I have a 100" gray screen and the projector would be ceiling mounted from 13'. This would be for living room with two windows. I do have blackout curtains and blinds and the colors are rather dark. This would be the primary unit in the house so it somewhat important how this operates during the day time since I'm unable to eliminate all the light. My main concern with the BenQ that I read is the rainbow effect. I never noticed anything with my HD66 so maybe I'm not seeing it or maybe I didn't really have it. I don't know what to look for, but I do know that if I noticed it I will not be able to look past it. Personally I basically watch 80% sports and the other 20% is a mixture of video games, news and movies. Thank you for your help I plan on making the move by tomorrow evening.
Last thing, I am sure that I'm gonna get a bunch of different opinions on this one but is there any real benefit to having 3d? The reason i am fighting with myself to just go for the HD33 is because of the 3d. But honestly I'm not even sure what content I would even have. I would hate to spend a few hundred extra dollars, argue with the wife and for nothing but a capability.
Fillyfan215 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off