Newbie trying to figure out a couple of things - too close? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-30-2012, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am changing my mind on where I want to put my projector, maybe only for a short time. I am going to put my Acer H5360 about 12' from the screen. This gives me a 48" high image which is ok. I am relocating to this layout for 2 reasons - it fits on a 48 high screen and this is all the room I have in the room. As I look at this setup on projectorcentral.com, it is in the 'red zone' showing that it is too close, even in 'econ' mode. Will this look bad? What problems are caused by being too close? Am I over reacting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbamafan View Post

I am changing my mind on where I want to put my projector, maybe only for a short time. I am going to put my Acer H5360 about 12' from the screen. This gives me a 48" high image which is ok. I am relocating to this layout for 2 reasons - it fits on a 48 high screen and this is all the room I have in the room. As I look at this setup on projectorcentral.com, it is in the 'red zone' showing that it is too close, even in 'econ' mode. Will this look bad? What problems are caused by being too close? Am I over reacting?

Is the "red zone" your referring to the message, "recommended image brightness for rooms with ambient light"? That refers to to being able to place the pj closer to the screen, to help with ambient light issues. Closer to the screen, brighter image.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 12:15 PM

Liked: 13
i use the 5360 from 50 to 80 image height. 48 will look like a plasma tv.. prefectly fine. bright punchy image. 3d will be great, if you use it. eco mode. as bulb ages blacks will improve a little. don;t worry about it. an nd20 filter or gray screen could help if you are getting some washout from a brighter room.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page