Problem Resetting Lamp to Zero on Sharp XVZ-7000e - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-03-2012, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

As previously discussed on another thread on this forum, I was pleased to discover here that my ancient projector, Sharp XVZ-7000e could in fact project from a Bluray player at high definition, albeit rather reduced from true Bluray HD standards.

Accordingly, I purchased a lamp for it, which was not a true Sharp lamp, but a compatible clone from Taiwan. It was a bit of a job to replace the lamp because the dimensions and design were ever so slightly different from a real Sharp lamp. However, with some patience and also the inevitable necessity of leaving out one of the metal securing pieces that fixes the lamp to the front of the cage (i.e. I secured it with one such piece but not both), I managed to get the new lamp installed.

Everything seems to work fine now and I saw my first movie in years via my home theater system! smile.gif

There remains one big problem however. No matter how many times I try to reset the lamp back to zero, it isn't happening. The instructions say to power up the projector and then press the two keystone buttons on the projector at the same time, followed by pressing another set of buttons at the same time, and then a third set likewise.

This is producing absolutely no effect. The Lamp warning sign appears on the screen when the projector is powered up. Elsewhere, under the appropriate menu, it is showing lamp usage at 957 hours.

Any idea what is the problem here, and is there any other way/trick for resetting the lamp? Could the problem be anything to do with the fact that the lamp was not replaced "perfectly" i.e. with both of the securing clamps? I am inclined to think not since as far as I can see, these are merely physical restraints and do not appear to be electronically connected to the projector's workings.

I would appreciate any help or feedback. Thank you.

Regards,

Asoka
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP