Anyone seen this problem before(Epson 8100 HC)? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I am having a problem with my Epson 8100 HC projector. Would love any advice you may have! Here is what is happening:

Turn on the projector, A/V receiver, and video source. Works fine for 2-3 minutes. Picture looks good. After a few minutes, the screen goes black, the fan on the projector kicks on high, and the the lamp light blinks red. We can then turn it off, then back on, and repeat the above.

I ordered a replacement bulb on Amazon from a vendor who had good reviews on the product(Prolitex). Installed it(reset the counter) and it worked fine for 45 hours. After 45 hours, the unit went began showing the same symptoms as before(above). I can even put the original lamp back in and it will work for a few minutes then go out.

I am currently getting a refund on the lamp, but have also talked to Epson who of course said that I should be using a bulb I ordered from them smile.gif But he did think it was unusual that the lamp works at all, and that it could suggest a problem with the ballast(?). I don't want to put a new lamp in if I have another problem that could ruin the lamp. Anyone experienced this? Should I get the ballast tested? Thanks!

Details: Projector is ceiling mounted in well ventilated, climate controlled media room. I have not replaced the filter, but cleaned it by vacuum(not washed it though). I tried running it without the filter at all with same result. Original bulb had 1450 hours on it. Never tried ECO mode until this new lamp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-04-2012, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bumpity bump - could really use some input - thanks!
post #3 of 3 Old 10-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I think its a defective bulb. Never buy a non oem bulb, you dont have to get it from epson but make sure it has an epson serial # and an epson warrenty not a aknock off warrenty.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page