Help. JVC DLA-RS1 or $1,000? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I'm in the process of buying a home that has a media room and comes with a projector JVC DLA-RS1. The problem is seller just found out it doesn't work anymore and he couldn't figure out why.,.

So he is willing to either fix it for ~$500 with manufacture but takes 5 days (that's what he told me) or compensate me $1,000 to avoid delay closing and leave the broken projector with me.

He claimed his home theater is worth $7,000 (I don't believe it)... But without much knowledge of professional projector, I wonder is this particular model worth $1,000 in today's technology? Or am I better off just spending $1,000 buy a new projector?

Thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 12:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
In 2007, msrp $6295, now used on ebay about $1300. I'd take the $1000 toward a new pj, and see if I couldn't get it fixed myself, for a cheaper price. Who knows, with a little research you might find it's just the bulb needing replacement?
post #3 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Take the $1000 absolutely. It's unlikely the projector can be fixed for a cheaper price. It's also not smart to dump money in such an old PJ that's already broken down once.
You can get JVC HD-250 B-Stock projectors here at AVS sometimes for just a bit more than that.
Otherwise you can get an Epson 8700ub refurb or 8500ub refurb for even cheaper from certain Internet stores or the Epson store sometimes.

There is no way I'd pay to have a projector fixed in general (usually it's far more than the PJ is worth), but even if it's something simple it's not worth it because LCOS panels degrade naturally (especially one from that old).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

**Current Projector Calculator** --

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --

post #4 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Okay, that was my hunch too.

Taking $1,000 and see if there is a cheap fix...

Thanks to both of you.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs1 Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page