How to remote control three Optomas. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-09-2012, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have three ceiling-mounted Optoma HD23 projectors in the same room. They are arranged such that each is about 10-15 feet away from the other two. One remote will turn on all of them with one click. But sometimes I don't want all of them on, and only want one on. I've tried standing at different places, and it seems I can't turn on one without the other two also turning on. And same thing for turning them off. The projectors are 12 feet off the ground and it is impractical to climb up to them all the time to reach the manual on/off. Poking the off button with a long stick works but also tends to jostle the mount so that the projector loses its adjustment. And I'm not going to cut the power to the projector by an external switch or unplugging power, since that would skip the bulb cooldown. Any ideas?

I know somebody is going... "Why the hell does he need three projectors going at the same time?" Explanation here: http://seespacelabs.com/the-see-stage/

-Erik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-09-2012, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

I feel kind of dumb, but right after I asked the question, I found a solution...

I got a cardboard tube and poked the remote through one end. Then aimed the other end at the projector I wanted to control. Basically, I made an infra-red gun. Seems to work okay, although a bit awkward.

-Erik
post #3 of 4 Old 10-09-2012, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You might also be able to cover the IR receivers on the projectors with some sort of tube or cone which only allows IR in at a very specific angle (and of course make it a different angle for each projector). Then you would need to stand in the right spots to turn each projector on or off.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Nice idea, thanks!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page