Official Epson Home Cinema 3020 Thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

Old 12-03-2015, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by klover View Post
$899 today on Amazon.ca
That's where I got mine. Just arrived and am testing it out now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2015, 02:08 PM

Liked: 0
in fact after 40 minutes of watching the film began flashing warning light bulb 2:
Lamp and Temp
the last time just shut down - looked the power cord - bad contact
Today, after watching the flashing light bulbs 2
please tell me, who can look?
Old 12-28-2015, 05:09 AM

Liked: 1
Can anyone tell me the meaning of ... my service menu (long press menu then esc 2 times) showing lamp replacement value is 1...
What does it means....
it a brand new epson projector
Old 01-25-2016, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, I just upgraded from my Epson 2030 to a used 3020 this weekend. I was happy with the 2030 for the most part but found it just a little lacking in contrast and excessive in fan noise. Found a decent deal on the 3020 but am wondering about a couple things. For one, I thought the performance with ambient light would be better than with the 2030, but it's actually quite comparable. The other issue is a faint beeping sound that's really only noticeable when the projector is muted... which I do a lot, like whenever a commercial comes on.. and the sound can be annoying. I talked with the PO who said the bulb was aftermarket with 50 to 100 hours on it. So, I'm wondering if this projector would look better than my 2030 with ambient light were I to install a new OEM bulb. Also, I've done a lot of searches on this beeping problem and not much turns up, just enough to suspect it is caused by the aftermarket bulb. Could Epson actually be so sinister to sabotage aftermarket bulbs with this annoying beeping sound, and could this somehow be fixed.. like maybe locating a tiny speaker somewhere and disconnecting it.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb2017 View Post
Hi, I just upgraded from my Epson 2030 to a used 3020 this weekend. I was happy with the 2030 for the most part but found it just a little lacking in contrast and excessive in fan noise. Found a decent deal on the 3020 but am wondering about a couple things. For one, I thought the performance with ambient light would be better than with the 2030, but it's actually quite comparable. The other issue is a faint beeping sound that's really only noticeable when the projector is muted... which I do a lot, like whenever a commercial comes on.. and the sound can be annoying. I talked with the PO who said the bulb was aftermarket with 50 to 100 hours on it. So, I'm wondering if this projector would look better than my 2030 with ambient light were I to install a new OEM bulb. Also, I've done a lot of searches on this beeping problem and not much turns up, just enough to suspect it is caused by the aftermarket bulb. Could Epson actually be so sinister to sabotage aftermarket bulbs with this annoying beeping sound, and could this somehow be fixed.. like maybe locating a tiny speaker somewhere and disconnecting it.
Is it possible you talk about the iris? If yes, you can disable it in the options.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmiCron07 View Post
Is it possible you talk about the iris? If yes, you can disable it in the options.
No, disabling the iris has no effect on the beeping. It's a faint beeping much like the beeper on heavy equipment when it's put in reverse... but very faint. Just loud enough to be annoying. I ordered an OEM bulb today. I'll report back on whether that fixed the problem. I'm thinking this is the same type of sinister mentality that Epson used by putting chips in their ink cartridges that would make them still read empty if you refilled them yourself. It's called corporate greed.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:04 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb2017 View Post
No, disabling the iris has no effect on the beeping. It's a faint beeping much like the beeper on heavy equipment when it's put in reverse... but very faint. Just loud enough to be annoying. I ordered an OEM bulb today. I'll report back on whether that fixed the problem. I'm thinking this is the same type of sinister mentality that Epson used by putting chips in their ink cartridges that would make them still read empty if you refilled them yourself. It's called corporate greed.
To address the issue of faint beeping in the Epson 3020, I agree, this is something that doesn't turn up much info on google. I can tell you this: A 3020 I bought used had this issue. When I checked, it had an aftermarket bulb. After changing to an OEM Epson bulb the beeping went away. Yes, I agree with you on your accusations of corporate greed. It certainly looks like Epson intentionally engineered something into this projector that would force you to pay for their outrageously priced bulbs, similar to their underhanded practice of chipping their ink cartridges so they will continue to tell your printer it's low on ink if you refill a cartridge instead of paying for their overpriced OEM cartridge. Sad that they would do both of these things.

Last edited by Andromidust; 01-30-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:33 PM

Hey Guys, Love this thread, so i thought i would post my story in here as well -

I had started a thread in the main forum but i will comment in here since this is the official 3020 place to be
I purchased my 3020 PJ December 2014 finished the theater around March 2015 when i started using it. (ceiling mount - 106" screen )
As a 1st time projector user and with nothing really to compare it to the image of this thing blew my mind.
I was more than impressed with the quality and resolution - I hooked up my PS4 to it as well and have 0 lag with any FPS games etc.
After about 10 months 631 hours I noticed a faint blue margin from top to bottom offset from center - reading this forum and others i thought this can only get worse.
I contacted EPSON and they can ONLY provide a refurb at this point since they don't make these new anymore.
My replacement refurb unit showed up the next day as promised but had a dent in the speaker cage which my OCD would not tolerate.
So back in the box it went and on the phone again i went.

This time it got escalated to the 'Advanced Customer Relations' and the person there ensured me that the next unit that is coming will be inspected inside out and quality assurance met, and with a letter included indicating so.

Fingers crossed should be showing up tomorrow or Monday - ( Going on replacement unit # 2 )

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160217_170051.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	1263721  
Old 02-22-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo L View Post
Hey Guys, Love this thread, so i thought i would post my story in here as well -

I had started a thread in the main forum but i will comment in here since this is the official 3020 place to be
I purchased my 3020 PJ December 2014 finished the theater around March 2015 when i started using it. (ceiling mount - 106" screen )
As a 1st time projector user and with nothing really to compare it to the image of this thing blew my mind.
I was more than impressed with the quality and resolution - I hooked up my PS4 to it as well and have 0 lag with any FPS games etc.
After about 10 months 631 hours I noticed a faint blue margin from top to bottom offset from center - reading this forum and others i thought this can only get worse.
I contacted EPSON and they can ONLY provide a refurb at this point since they don't make these new anymore.
My replacement refurb unit showed up the next day as promised but had a dent in the speaker cage which my OCD would not tolerate.
So back in the box it went and on the phone again i went.

This time it got escalated to the 'Advanced Customer Relations' and the person there ensured me that the next unit that is coming will be inspected inside out and quality assurance met, and with a letter included indicating so.

Fingers crossed should be showing up tomorrow or Monday - ( Going on replacement unit # 2 )

Cheers!
Second replacement unit showed up today.

Another issue, this time with the picture.

Called Epson back again, now sending a NEW unit?? thought they didn't make them new anymore ?

well see in a couple days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160222_151450.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1271737  
Old 02-26-2016, 10:44 AM

Hey guys,
Just following up ,

Happy to say that they sent me a Brand New Unit ! Original box and all! (thought they didn't make them anymore)
Although they did open the box to remove the 3d glasses.....

Oh well, new PJ is up and working with no issues - Fingers crossed !

Cheers All!
Old 08-03-2016, 04:21 PM

Hey Guys new here

Hey, I am having some issues with my 3020. I need to replace the lamp, so I reset lamp hours put in the new lamp, and off I go. Next day I turn it on and it runs for 5 minutes and sounds like an old 80's computer, then lamp flashes. So I repeat procedure and 330 minutes later it running again, so I'm happy. Day 3 press power, runs for 5 and then lamp light flashes. And nothing seems to fix the issue now.

All vents clean and upkept, filter clean, no obstruction, nothing. What happened?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron gRIF View Post
Hey, I am having some issues with my 3020. I need to replace the lamp, so I reset lamp hours put in the new lamp, and off I go. Next day I turn it on and it runs for 5 minutes and sounds like an old 80's computer, then lamp flashes. So I repeat procedure and 330 minutes later it running again, so I'm happy. Day 3 press power, runs for 5 and then lamp light flashes. And nothing seems to fix the issue now.

All vents clean and upkept, filter clean, no obstruction, nothing. What happened?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Issue with the new lamp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Epson , Epson Projector , Epson V11h501020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020 2d And 3d Home Theater Projector , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread