Official Epson Home Cinema 3020 Thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1171 of 1189 Old 12-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Newbie
 
TimothyPilgrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by klover View Post
$899 today on Amazon.ca
That's where I got mine. Just arrived and am testing it out now!
TimothyPilgrim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1172 of 1189 Old 12-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
in fact after 40 minutes of watching the film began flashing warning light bulb 2:
Lamp and Temp
the last time just shut down - looked the power cord - bad contact
Today, after watching the flashing light bulbs 2
please tell me, who can look?
Perso is offline  
post #1173 of 1189 Old 12-28-2015, 05:09 AM
Newbie
 
vicky007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Can anyone tell me the meaning of ... my service menu (long press menu then esc 2 times) showing lamp replacement value is 1...
What does it means....
it a brand new epson projector
vicky007 is offline  
post #1174 of 1189 Old 01-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I just upgraded from my Epson 2030 to a used 3020 this weekend. I was happy with the 2030 for the most part but found it just a little lacking in contrast and excessive in fan noise. Found a decent deal on the 3020 but am wondering about a couple things. For one, I thought the performance with ambient light would be better than with the 2030, but it's actually quite comparable. The other issue is a faint beeping sound that's really only noticeable when the projector is muted... which I do a lot, like whenever a commercial comes on.. and the sound can be annoying. I talked with the PO who said the bulb was aftermarket with 50 to 100 hours on it. So, I'm wondering if this projector would look better than my 2030 with ambient light were I to install a new OEM bulb. Also, I've done a lot of searches on this beeping problem and not much turns up, just enough to suspect it is caused by the aftermarket bulb. Could Epson actually be so sinister to sabotage aftermarket bulbs with this annoying beeping sound, and could this somehow be fixed.. like maybe locating a tiny speaker somewhere and disconnecting it.
Robb2017 is offline  
post #1175 of 1189 Old 01-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Newbie
 
OmiCron07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb2017 View Post
Hi, I just upgraded from my Epson 2030 to a used 3020 this weekend. I was happy with the 2030 for the most part but found it just a little lacking in contrast and excessive in fan noise. Found a decent deal on the 3020 but am wondering about a couple things. For one, I thought the performance with ambient light would be better than with the 2030, but it's actually quite comparable. The other issue is a faint beeping sound that's really only noticeable when the projector is muted... which I do a lot, like whenever a commercial comes on.. and the sound can be annoying. I talked with the PO who said the bulb was aftermarket with 50 to 100 hours on it. So, I'm wondering if this projector would look better than my 2030 with ambient light were I to install a new OEM bulb. Also, I've done a lot of searches on this beeping problem and not much turns up, just enough to suspect it is caused by the aftermarket bulb. Could Epson actually be so sinister to sabotage aftermarket bulbs with this annoying beeping sound, and could this somehow be fixed.. like maybe locating a tiny speaker somewhere and disconnecting it.
Is it possible you talk about the iris? If yes, you can disable it in the options.
OmiCron07 is offline  
post #1176 of 1189 Old 01-26-2016, 07:16 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmiCron07 View Post
Is it possible you talk about the iris? If yes, you can disable it in the options.
No, disabling the iris has no effect on the beeping. It's a faint beeping much like the beeper on heavy equipment when it's put in reverse... but very faint. Just loud enough to be annoying. I ordered an OEM bulb today. I'll report back on whether that fixed the problem. I'm thinking this is the same type of sinister mentality that Epson used by putting chips in their ink cartridges that would make them still read empty if you refilled them yourself. It's called corporate greed.
Robb2017 is offline  
post #1177 of 1189 Old 01-30-2016, 01:04 PM
Newbie
 
Andromidust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb2017 View Post
No, disabling the iris has no effect on the beeping. It's a faint beeping much like the beeper on heavy equipment when it's put in reverse... but very faint. Just loud enough to be annoying. I ordered an OEM bulb today. I'll report back on whether that fixed the problem. I'm thinking this is the same type of sinister mentality that Epson used by putting chips in their ink cartridges that would make them still read empty if you refilled them yourself. It's called corporate greed.
To address the issue of faint beeping in the Epson 3020, I agree, this is something that doesn't turn up much info on google. I can tell you this: A 3020 I bought used had this issue. When I checked, it had an aftermarket bulb. After changing to an OEM Epson bulb the beeping went away. Yes, I agree with you on your accusations of corporate greed. It certainly looks like Epson intentionally engineered something into this projector that would force you to pay for their outrageously priced bulbs, similar to their underhanded practice of chipping their ink cartridges so they will continue to tell your printer it's low on ink if you refill a cartridge instead of paying for their overpriced OEM cartridge. Sad that they would do both of these things.

Last edited by Andromidust; 01-30-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Andromidust is offline  
post #1178 of 1189 Old 02-18-2016, 07:33 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey Guys, Love this thread, so i thought i would post my story in here as well -

I had started a thread in the main forum but i will comment in here since this is the official 3020 place to be
I purchased my 3020 PJ December 2014 finished the theater around March 2015 when i started using it. (ceiling mount - 106" screen )
As a 1st time projector user and with nothing really to compare it to the image of this thing blew my mind.
I was more than impressed with the quality and resolution - I hooked up my PS4 to it as well and have 0 lag with any FPS games etc.
After about 10 months 631 hours I noticed a faint blue margin from top to bottom offset from center - reading this forum and others i thought this can only get worse.
I contacted EPSON and they can ONLY provide a refurb at this point since they don't make these new anymore.
My replacement refurb unit showed up the next day as promised but had a dent in the speaker cage which my OCD would not tolerate.
So back in the box it went and on the phone again i went.

This time it got escalated to the 'Advanced Customer Relations' and the person there ensured me that the next unit that is coming will be inspected inside out and quality assurance met, and with a letter included indicating so.

Fingers crossed should be showing up tomorrow or Monday - ( Going on replacement unit # 2 )

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160217_170051.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	1263721  
Angelo L is offline  
post #1179 of 1189 Old 02-22-2016, 01:09 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo L View Post
Hey Guys, Love this thread, so i thought i would post my story in here as well -

I had started a thread in the main forum but i will comment in here since this is the official 3020 place to be
I purchased my 3020 PJ December 2014 finished the theater around March 2015 when i started using it. (ceiling mount - 106" screen )
As a 1st time projector user and with nothing really to compare it to the image of this thing blew my mind.
I was more than impressed with the quality and resolution - I hooked up my PS4 to it as well and have 0 lag with any FPS games etc.
After about 10 months 631 hours I noticed a faint blue margin from top to bottom offset from center - reading this forum and others i thought this can only get worse.
I contacted EPSON and they can ONLY provide a refurb at this point since they don't make these new anymore.
My replacement refurb unit showed up the next day as promised but had a dent in the speaker cage which my OCD would not tolerate.
So back in the box it went and on the phone again i went.

This time it got escalated to the 'Advanced Customer Relations' and the person there ensured me that the next unit that is coming will be inspected inside out and quality assurance met, and with a letter included indicating so.

Fingers crossed should be showing up tomorrow or Monday - ( Going on replacement unit # 2 )

Cheers!
Second replacement unit showed up today.

Another issue, this time with the picture.

Called Epson back again, now sending a NEW unit?? thought they didn't make them new anymore ?

well see in a couple days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160222_151450.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1271737  
Angelo L is offline  
post #1180 of 1189 Old 02-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys,
Just following up ,

Happy to say that they sent me a Brand New Unit ! Original box and all! (thought they didn't make them anymore)
Although they did open the box to remove the 3d glasses.....

Oh well, new PJ is up and working with no issues - Fingers crossed !

Cheers All!
Angelo L is offline  
post #1181 of 1189 Old 08-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey Guys new here

Hey, I am having some issues with my 3020. I need to replace the lamp, so I reset lamp hours put in the new lamp, and off I go. Next day I turn it on and it runs for 5 minutes and sounds like an old 80's computer, then lamp flashes. So I repeat procedure and 330 minutes later it running again, so I'm happy. Day 3 press power, runs for 5 and then lamp light flashes. And nothing seems to fix the issue now.

All vents clean and upkept, filter clean, no obstruction, nothing. What happened?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Aaron gRIF is offline  
post #1182 of 1189 Old 08-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nutdotnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron gRIF View Post
Hey, I am having some issues with my 3020. I need to replace the lamp, so I reset lamp hours put in the new lamp, and off I go. Next day I turn it on and it runs for 5 minutes and sounds like an old 80's computer, then lamp flashes. So I repeat procedure and 330 minutes later it running again, so I'm happy. Day 3 press power, runs for 5 and then lamp light flashes. And nothing seems to fix the issue now.

All vents clean and upkept, filter clean, no obstruction, nothing. What happened?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Issue with the new lamp?
Nutdotnet is offline  
post #1183 of 1189 Old 09-07-2016, 11:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Hagfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi all- so I picked up a 3020 last week because it seemed to be a really good deal for a new unit ($799) to replace an aging Epson 7500UB that I inherited from the previous homeowners. The 7500 looked great and served me well for the last couple of years, but the 2nd bulb was starting to dim, and it was also pretty loud. So I thought I'd go for the 3020 as it was one of the best price points for a longer throw (ceiling mounted 15ft onto 100" screen). When I installed the 3020 onto the existing mount and powered it up for the first time, I realized I might be in trouble as the image was not centered on the screen at all. Upon further inspection I realized that the home theater installation company that installed the old 7500 had mounted it about a foot or so offset to the left of the screen. I'm sure they must have had good reason to do this and knew that it wouldn't be a problem since they were installing a projector with lens shift (the 7500).. So, I did some tinkering with the screws on the mount and was able to aim the 3020 a bit to the right, I also had to tilt it down a bit. I thought things were all good until I switched to a station with a bottom scroll (like espn or nfl network) and realized that there was a pretty noticeable left to right slant on the bottom scroll. I've messed around with trying to move the projector a bit on it's axis to fix this, but all that did was fix the bottom slant, and add one to the top of the screen. I played around a bit with the keystone slider, as well as in the settings, I'm not done with tinkering there yet, but I've read that if at all possible not to mess with any of that. I'm just surprised that having to angle the projector just a bit (1 foot) from off center has made things so wacky. Am I missing anything in the settings besides keystone that allows for adjustments? Given that I don't want to redrill a new mount and patch up the old drywall, is this not the projector for me and I should go with one that has lens shift? Maybe keep trying combinations of keystone adjustments? Any cheap-ish mount options to slide the projector back to the right a bit without redrilling? Thanks for any suggestions, I can post pics if it helps with any advice.

Last edited by Hagfish; 09-07-2016 at 11:29 PM.
Hagfish is offline  
post #1184 of 1189 Old 09-08-2016, 05:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Calibration

HI All! I have had the Epson 3020 for about a year now and it is absolutely great. I have messed around a bit with calibration after finding various sources of recommended settings online and am now a bit confused as I may have been changing the RGB settings when I should have etc. I would ideally look to reset all of the factory settings and start from scratch. Does anyone have a full calibration setting of their Cinema mode and Dynamic mode. I use Cinema mode for movies and am most concerned with contrast / black levels / accuracy and dynamic mode for games/fights (the biggest concern is colour accuracy). Thanks in advance!
Gazzer55 is online now  
post #1185 of 1189 Old 09-09-2016, 05:41 AM
Senior Member
 
hiperco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: "Greater Binghamton Area"
Posts: 491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagfish View Post
Hi all- so I picked up a 3020 last week because it seemed to be a really good deal for a new unit ($799) to replace an aging Epson 7500UB that I inherited from the previous homeowners. The 7500 looked great and served me well for the last couple of years, but the 2nd bulb was starting to dim, and it was also pretty loud. So I thought I'd go for the 3020 as it was one of the best price points for a longer throw (ceiling mounted 15ft onto 100" screen). When I installed the 3020 onto the existing mount and powered it up for the first time, I realized I might be in trouble as the image was not centered on the screen at all. Upon further inspection I realized that the home theater installation company that installed the old 7500 had mounted it about a foot or so offset to the left of the screen. I'm sure they must have had good reason to do this and knew that it wouldn't be a problem since they were installing a projector with lens shift (the 7500).. So, I did some tinkering with the screws on the mount and was able to aim the 3020 a bit to the right, I also had to tilt it down a bit. I thought things were all good until I switched to a station with a bottom scroll (like espn or nfl network) and realized that there was a pretty noticeable left to right slant on the bottom scroll. I've messed around with trying to move the projector a bit on it's axis to fix this, but all that did was fix the bottom slant, and add one to the top of the screen. I played around a bit with the keystone slider, as well as in the settings, I'm not done with tinkering there yet, but I've read that if at all possible not to mess with any of that. I'm just surprised that having to angle the projector just a bit (1 foot) from off center has made things so wacky. Am I missing anything in the settings besides keystone that allows for adjustments? Given that I don't want to redrill a new mount and patch up the old drywall, is this not the projector for me and I should go with one that has lens shift? Maybe keep trying combinations of keystone adjustments? Any cheap-ish mount options to slide the projector back to the right a bit without redrilling? Thanks for any suggestions, I can post pics if it helps with any advice.
Post pics of your setup. Is moving the screen an option?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
hiperco is online now  
post #1186 of 1189 Old 09-13-2016, 12:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Hagfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
Post pics of your setup. Is moving the screen an option?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I'll snap some pics later- but moving the screen is not an option unfortunately as it snugs up right next to the left & right in-wall speakers. Really want to make this thing work but will need to figure something out- as the slanted image will always bug me (although I bet most guests wouldn't even notice). Pics to come later.
Hagfish is offline  
post #1187 of 1189 Old 09-13-2016, 12:30 PM
Newbie
 
saikatbiswas82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzer55 View Post
HI All! I have had the Epson 3020 for about a year now and it is absolutely great. I have messed around a bit with calibration after finding various sources of recommended settings online and am now a bit confused as I may have been changing the RGB settings when I should have etc. I would ideally look to reset all of the factory settings and start from scratch. Does anyone have a full calibration setting of their Cinema mode and Dynamic mode. I use Cinema mode for movies and am most concerned with contrast / black levels / accuracy and dynamic mode for games/fights (the biggest concern is colour accuracy). Thanks in advance!
Don't know whether this would be helpful. You could give it a try.

https://www.avforums.com/index.php?threads/1768486/

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos might creep in.
saikatbiswas82 is offline  
post #1188 of 1189 Old 09-16-2016, 12:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Hagfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok- here some shots of the media room. You can see the slant to the right on the bottom of the scroll, and a little bit in the guide pic as well. Do you think this effect is more that I'm having to tilt the projector a bit to the side, or that it's tilted down? Or more than likely, a combination of both? It's hard to tell on the close up of the Epson, but it's mounted on a downslope ceiling. As you can see, the mount is nice and tidy- and I'd really like to not have to redo it. Any suggestions? Please chime in if you do, as the 15 day return period has snuck up on me, and I have to decide if I'm going to return it by tomorrow!

Pano pic of room on dropbox.. too big for AVS attachments..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/IMG_0496.JPG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0491.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1664545   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1664553   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0497.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	1664561  
Hagfish is offline  
post #1189 of 1189 Old 09-17-2016, 05:51 AM
Senior Member
 
hiperco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: "Greater Binghamton Area"
Posts: 491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagfish View Post
Ok- here some shots of the media room. You can see the slant to the right on the bottom of the scroll, and a little bit in the guide pic as well. Do you think this effect is more that I'm having to tilt the projector a bit to the side, or that it's tilted down? Or more than likely, a combination of both? It's hard to tell on the close up of the Epson, but it's mounted on a downslope ceiling. As you can see, the mount is nice and tidy- and I'd really like to not have to redo it. Any suggestions? Please chime in if you do, as the 15 day return period has snuck up on me, and I have to decide if I'm going to return it by tomorrow!

Pano pic of room on dropbox.. too big for AVS attachments..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/IMG_0496.JPG
I really can't see the issue you are referring to. But it seems your choice is to move the mount, or return the unit and get one with lense shift. Lense shift is so liberating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
hiperco is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , Epson Projector , Epson V11h501020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020 2d And 3d Home Theater Projector , Epson V11h502020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020e 2d And 3d 1080p Wireless Home Theater Projector

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off