BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 109 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3241 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 12:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Stuntman_Mike,

Think of it like this...

When you blow up the image as far as it can (at a given throw distance) you are increasing the light output (magnifying if you will) and this adjustment is considered max zoom.

The smallest image is minimum zoom with the least amount of magnification.

The degree at which this varies contrast and light output is different per make/model as most of the lens systems are different and often unique per application.

* Mounting the projector at it's shortest throw for a given size screen while maximizing zoom will give you the brightest image.

Jason

- - - - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@DaGamePimp

So what is the optimal setting for this PJ then?

To be max zoom and brighter? does that compromise contrast when it is max zoom?
post #3243 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post

Heard nothing but great things about this mount. Almost went with it over the Peerless myself. The price is even lower now so I most likely would have gotten this if I had to do it over again.

http://www.amazon.com/Mustang-Profile-Projector-Mount-MV-PROJSP-FLAT-B/dp/B000F5NFTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363354864&sr=8-1&keywords=mustang+ceiling+mount

Looks awesome, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapper View Post

Thanks, wondering how accurate will give it a shot.

let me know, I was planning on using that as well.
post #3244 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Stuntman_Mike,

Think of it like this...

When you blow up the image as far as it can (at a given throw distance) you are increasing the light output (magnifying if you will) and this adjustment is considered max zoom.

The smallest image is minimum zoom with the least amount of magnification.

The degree at which this varies contrast and light output if different per make/model as most of the lens systems are different and often unique per application.

* Mounting the projector at it's shortest throw for a given size screen while maximizing zoom will give you the brightest image.

Jason

I hear what you are saying. The terminology just doesn't line up across the board, is what I'm saying. According to some people and some calculators, zoom shrinks the image.

It isn't a huge deal one way or the other. Using the calc from BenQ I was able to place my PJ properly. Furthermore, the PJ in real life behaved in the exact manor as the virtual PJ in the calc, ie after the PJ was mounted and I moved the zoom control from it's default position out of the box, the image got smaller. Whether that means that the actual PJ came with max zoom employed and I was therefore decreasing it to make the image smaller, or whether that means that the calc is right and the zoom comes at minimum out of the box and I was increasing it and making the image smaller, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter I guess. Annoying that I have to even question which is right lol, but academic in any case. As long as a projector behaves like a given manufacturers calc says it should, and I can place the PJ properly, that's the most important thing. If it didn't, I'd have to flip some tables lol.

I take some measure of comfort in knowing that even manufacturers are confused about what zoom actually does though lol.

post #3245 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hey guys. I went out and bought a BenQ W1070 from Fry's today to put in my mancave at the new house I just bought. I recently sold my 82" Mits because I didn't think my new mancave would be big enough for it. Once I saw the room with everything out, it was much bigger than I thought it was originally (that's what she said) So after reading all the high praise for the W1070 and having always been curious about using a projector, I took a gamble and bought one.

First off, I cannot freaking believe the picture quality out of this thing. Holy Shnikees!!!!! For $1,000, I can't think of anything better, not by a long shot. The only real downside to this is that you Absolutley positivitley have to install this in a room that can be pitch black with no windows. Luckily that's not a problem with my mancave. Also, if you care about 3D at all, this is by far the best 3D experience I've had outside of an IMAX. Great color, contrast, brightness and most importantly, NO CROSSTALK smile.gif

Now, here's my question. As amazing as this projector is, especially given the price. There is one thing missing for me. Frame Interlopation. I am one of the few that actually prefers the soap opera effect of the 120-240 hz motion enhancement. So, now that I know my mancave can handle a projector, is there anything that can give me the same picture quality or a little better, with the same 3D quality and 120-240hz??? If so, that's what I want. Any help would be appreciated. Btw, I'm still not sure I'm taking this back yet. I can live with the standard 24-60 hz but I would definitely consider it if there's something close to the price range and performance.

post #3246 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post

Hey guys. I went out and bought a BenQ W1070 from Fry's today to put in my mancave at the new house I just bought. I recently sold my 82" Mits because I didn't think my new mancave would be big enough for it. Once I saw the room with everything out, it was much bigger than I thought it was originally (that's what she said) So after reading all the high praise for the W1070 and having always been curious about using a projector, I took a gamble and bought one.

First off, I cannot freaking believe the picture quality out of this thing. Holy Shnikees!!!!! For $1,000, I can't think of anything better, not by a long shot. The only real downside to this is that you Absolutley positivitley have to install this in a room that can be pitch black with no windows. Luckily that's not a problem with my mancave. Also, if you care about 3D at all, this is by far the best 3D experience I've had outside of an IMAX. Great color, contrast, brightness and most importantly, NO CROSSTALK smile.gif

Now, here's my question. As amazing as this projector is, especially given the price. There is one thing missing for me. Frame Interlopation. I am one of the few that actually prefers the soap opera effect of the 120-240 hz motion enhancement. So, now that I know my mancave can handle a projector, is there anything that can give me the same picture quality or a little better, with the same 3D quality and 120-240hz??? If so, that's what I want. Any help would be appreciated. Btw, I'm still not sure I'm taking this back yet. I can live with the standard 24-60 hz but I would definitely consider it if there's something close to the price range and performance.
I am in the same boat as you. I have a 82840 that i am looking to sell to buy this projector or the acer h6510bd. How does the picture quality compare to the 82 inch tv? Thanks for any response.
post #3247 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

They don't put CFI on projectors in this range typically. Don't remember seeing any recently released DLPs with it period.

Your only choice close to this range would be with a 3LCD from Epson, but then you would be giving up the crosstalk free 3D, which you said was important, so I don't know where you would go from here.

post #3248 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd7723 View Post

I am in the same boat as you. I have a 82840 that i am looking to sell to buy this projector or the acer h6510bd. How does the picture quality compare to the 82 inch tv? Thanks for any response.

It absolutely blows the picture away!! I too had the 82840 and was pleased with the overall 2D performance, but the 3D was lacking big time. Way too soft and not enough pop out. I'm still in shock at how good the W1070 looks. I might even put it above my Sony 55HX850. Just keep in mind, you have to keep this projector in a pitch black (or almost pitch black) room for the best image possible. If you have any windows, forget about watching this during the day.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

post #3249 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post

They don't put CFI on projectors in this range typically. Don't remember seeing any recently released DLPs with it period.

Your only choice close to this range would be with a 3LCD from Epson, but then you would be giving up the crosstalk free 3D, which you said was important, so I don't know where you would go from here.

Do you know of a projector that gives the same 2D and 3D performance with CFI?? Irregardless of price. Just curious how much I would need to spend in order to get this feature. I was thinking the $1,500 - $2,500 range would be doable.

post #3250 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Do you know of a projector that gives the same 2D and 3D performance with CFI?? Irregardless of price. Just curious how much I would need to spend in order to get this feature. I was thinking the $1,500 - $2,500 range would be doable.

You can do FI with a PC if you'll have one connected, look into SVP.

http://www.svp-team.com/

Regarding other projectors under $2500, be aware that none of the lcd or lcos models will match the 3D of the w1070.

Probably the best all-around is the Sony HW50 but that unit is over $3k.

Jason
post #3251 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Few pictures showing off the W1070. Please note that I just set it on an end table and am only projecting onto a white wall. And if I decide to keep it, I'm sooooo using my Darbee with this. Can't wait to try it!

post #3252 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 02:52 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

If you're looking at DLP, the Acer H9500BD is pretty good, and features FI. The BenQ is brighter with 3D however and has that rather nice triple flash technology that the Acer lacks, lending greater stability to the image. Colour saturation is also better on the BenQ. In the higher price ranges you have the Epson 5020 and the Sony HW50 - both of which are reportedly pretty good with 3D and will provide better black levels than the BenQ and excellent 2D. In most instances neither will be as sharp however, and both will display a greater amount of ghosting with 3D. There are always compromises.

You might want to wait for the BenQ W1500, which should be similar to the 1070 but with FI.
post #3253 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 03:20 PM

Liked: 16
Okay, I got my w1070 in today. Firmware 1.04 - ordered it off Amazon.

I setup my Black Diamond 113" screen propped up on chairs for now and had the PJ on a coffee table propped up to try and make it as square as possible with a simple setup. Totally not square. I unboxed it, set it in eco smart mode, projected the test image, dialed it in quickly with zoom and focus and let Avengers DVD have a go at it.

I'm using a SONY NEX 6 camera on ISO 1600 (which does introduce some noise) and 1/13second and auto white balance for ALL shots. the aperture is wide open on the stock lens and is between 3.5-5.6 depending on zoom (I should have turned off AWB). I did some ambient light tests and took multiple shots of each. I'm in Los Angeles and as normal it's a bright sunny day and the shots were taken around 2pm

In case you missed my other post, this Black Diamond screen was purchased used and was sold as "quality is 9/10 almost like new" but when it arrived there are gashes out of the felt on the frame, massive lint buildup on the frame (indicating heavy use) and two good size impact marks on the screen. Also noticed today there is a bad streak down the screen right in the middle that is noticeable on bright scenes. Now after seeing images projected on the screen I would rate it at a 3 out of 10 due to the streak in the middle and impact marks. The selling is attempting to get a replacement screen for me and I told him I would overlook the frame if he is able to do that. I doubt he will being the limited availability of these screens. So most likely this screen will be shipped back in a few days and I'll be forced to figure out something else. This is why the screen isn't mounted and I did a quick test.

Below is a link to the photos I just took. Different light levels, different angles, etc. At the time of writing this the full size images are still being uploaded so till that's done you're limited to small 800x600. Try again later if it doesn't have full size and you want to see full 16 megapixel images (which I suggest). AGAIN, this is not a full setup that's perfect... But shows off the BD screen.
https://picasaweb.google.com/115027079014810894845/FirstTestBlackDiamondWithW1070

Overall impressions: WOW. I've been out of the Home Theater setup business for about 3yrs now and I'm impressed with how this sub $1,000 PJ does. On top of that with this screen it's almost a perfect match-up (for my tastes). Everyone has different feelings on what they are looking for on a projector image. The image POPS off the screen with bright situations, I detected some super minor sparkles at times, but I believe they will be even more minimized once the PJ is ceiling mounted making for an even better image. If I have to send this screen back and find another screen for $1,500 it's going to be hard to find something that works as well as this Black Diamond :-(

Currently using a 113" 1.4 Black Diamond Fixed screen, BenQ w1070, Full 7.0 JBL speaker setup, Klipsch Reference RW-12d Subwoofer, Yamaha RX-V671 Receiver
post #3254 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 140
@The Acer h9500bd
The Acer only has a 4x color wheel and lacks a CMS (for those that care), but more importantly it only does 600-700 lumens in uncalibrated 3D mode.

@JewDaddy
The Optoma hd33 has frame interpolation and a 6x color wheel like the Benq. B&H Photo/Video has some refurb'd Optomas for just a little more than a new Benq w1070 costs. The hd33 does about 850-950 lumens in 3D mode. I don't think the sharpness on the hd33 is as good as the Benq, but I've never A/B'd the two. You might be able to find a used Optoma hd33 for the same price or less as the Benq. If you are a big sharpness junkie and want FI too (You want your cake and eat it too), pretty much you'll need to stick with Benq's such as going to w7000 which costs almost double (though you can find refurbs sometimes under $1600). There is the new Acer and new Optoma, as well as the Benq w1500. I would probably just wait for the new Benq to come out.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #3255 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 04:09 PM

Liked: 32
Quote:

Just keep in mind, you have to keep this projector in a pitch black (or almost pitch black) room for the best image possible. If you have any windows, forget about watching this during the day.

Yes the picture quality is significantly better in a completely darkened room, BUT this projector is still very good in a partially lit room as well so I disagree with your comment 'forget about watching this during the day'. If you look at some of the photos posted by TropMonk you will see both almost completely dark room as well as in a partially (but significantly lit) room.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115027079014810894845/FirstTestBlackDiamondWithW1070

In my case, I have a 1.8m wide window on the left of our screen and a 3.6m window on the right. The projected image is still very watchable during the day BUT it is so much better at night or when the sunblock drapes are closed. Hence my objection to your blanket 'no good' comment.
post #3256 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:

It absolutely blows the picture away!! I too had the 82840 and was pleased with the overall 2D performance, but the 3D was lacking big time. Way too soft and not enough pop out. I'm still in shock at how good the W1070 looks. I might even put it above my Sony 55HX850. Just keep in mind, you have to keep this projector in a pitch black (or almost pitch black) room for the best image possible. If you have any windows, forget about watching this during the day.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Hey thanks a lot for answering my question. It will be in a darkened light controlled room.
post #3257 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 PM

Liked: 12
Smarteco mode. . .

OK. . . now on our second W1070. The second one seems much better as I noted in my last post.

There is still one thing that doesn't jive. I've done the tests to see how smarteco bumps brightness on bright scenes and reduces brightness on darker scenes, and on both projectors I get the same results — smarteco gives me the same brightness as normal mode on both bright and dark scenes, and it is brighter than economic on both bright (which it should be) and dark (which I don't think it should be) scenes.

Makes me wonder about lamp life and/or if it's really doing what it should be doing in smarteco mode.

Anyone else noticing that smarteco isn't reducing lamp brightness on darker scenes or that dark scenes in smarteco are brighter than economic mode?
post #3258 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesZ7 View Post

Smateco mode. . .

OK. . . now on our second W1070. The second one seems much better as I noted in my last post.

There is still one thing that doesn't jive. I've done the tests to see how smarteco bumps brightness on bright scenes and reduces brightness on darker scenes, and on both projectors I get the same results — smarteco gives me the same brightness as normal mode on both bright and dark scenes, and it is brighter than economic on both bright (which it should be) and dark (which I don't think it should be) scenes.

Makes me wonder about lamp life and/or if it's really doing what it should be doing in smarteco mode.

Anyone else noticing that smarteco isn't reducing lamp brightness on darker scenes or that dark scenes in smarteco are brighter than economic mode?
Its the same brighness in smarteco mode. I asked about it many times before I bought it. Hopefully, it last as long as stated, but I doubt it
post #3259 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 05:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydub View Post

@DaGamePimp

So what is the optimal setting for this PJ then?

To be max zoom and brighter? does that compromise contrast when it is max zoom?

That will vary per install and desired end result.

I have not taken the measurements at various zoom ranges with the w1070 so I cannot say just how much contrast is lost by going for the brightest image... short throw/max zoom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesZ7 View Post

Smateco mode. . .

I'll try to take some readings this weekend and see just what variance is present between lamp modes (full field black and full white).

Jason
post #3260 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd7723 View Post

Hey thanks a lot for answering my question. It will be in a darkened light controlled room.

When was the last time that you watched a movie in a theater with some lights on????????? think about it.

Ralph
post #3261 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapper View Post

When was the last time that you watched a movie in a theater with some lights on????????? think about it.

Probably never. Good thread, thanks again for all of the feedback.
post #3262 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

My apologies for being a little over dramatic in saying you can't use this projector with any light in the room. I meant that if you have windows in the room with this projector, make sure you can control the light as much as possible.

Please forgive my stupidity when it comes to projectors but I haven't really had experience with them and I have a question. When I'm watching a movie or playing a game and there's a bright scene, it lights up the whole room and actually reduces the picture quality and black levels. I didn't know if by having a screen of some sort or border around the frame of the projected image helps this, or if its just part of having a projector. I'm currently just projecting onto a wall. Btw, the more I use this, the more I'm falling in love with it smile.gif

post #3263 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

@The Acer h9500bd
The Acer only has a 4x color wheel and lacks a CMS (for those that care), but more importantly it only does 600-700 lumens in uncalibrated 3D mode.

@JewDaddy
The Optoma hd33 has frame interpolation and a 6x color wheel like the Benq. B&H Photo/Video has some refurb'd Optomas for just a little more than a new Benq w1070 costs. The hd33 does about 850-950 lumens in 3D mode. I don't think the sharpness on the hd33 is as good as the Benq, but I've never A/B'd the two. You might be able to find a used Optoma hd33 for the same price or less as the Benq. If you are a big sharpness junkie and want FI too (You want your cake and eat it too), pretty much you'll need to stick with Benq's such as going to w7000 which costs almost double (though you can find refurbs sometimes under $1600). There is the new Acer and new Optoma, as well as the Benq w1500. I would probably just wait for the new Benq to come out.

Coderguy, because you seem to have the best knowledge of the different projectors available on the market, what would you consider to be the best overall projector at $4,000 or under? Taking everything into consideration. 2D and 3D pic quality, black levels, brightness, sharpness, motion, etc.....: If I don't keep the W1070, I'm thinking about the Epson 6020, Sony 50HW and BenQ W7000. Also, I might even hold out for the upcoming benQ W1500 if its supposed to be better than the flagship W7000.

post #3264 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Not sure about having the most knowledge, some in here have tested a few more than me (like Zombie).

There will always be compromises, but the Sony hw50es is most balanced for everything under 4k, it's not as sharp as a DLP, but it has a great sharpening filter known as RC. Other than that, the JVC RS-55 if you can get one B-stock or Used, but it's not good in 3d. I don't put the Epson in the same class as those two, the Epson is good but suffers from inconsistency during different fields of depth in 2D (hard to explain but a side effect of the pixel fill even if you don't see it), but in 3D it's really good. A used Runco LS-5 some say is the best under $10,000 for a DLP (I haven't used one really, though I did see it in a showroom).

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #3265 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

what would you consider to be the best overall projector at $4,000 or under? Taking everything into consideration. 2D and 3D pic quality, black levels, brightness, sharpness, motion, etc.....: If I don't keep the W1070, I'm thinking about the Epson 6020, Sony 50HW and BenQ W7000. Also, I might even hold out for the upcoming benQ W1500 if its supposed to be better than the flagship W7000.

You should honestly ask Zombie that question as he is likely one of the only members here at AVS to have actually seen most of the current models and compared them in the same room (other than maybe some dealers).

I have seen many of them, as have several others, but in various environments which does not always make it apples to apples.

With that said I think most agree that the HW50 is the best all around 2D/3D under $4k (other models best it in various areas regarding both 2D and 3D).

Best of luck, some tough choices with so many great pj's out there.

Jason
post #3266 of 9653 Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 PM
AVS Special Member

@JewDaddy
If you want the MOST balanced setup in existence, then you'd need to get multiple projectors (at least 2). If you wanted the most balanced + 3D, you'd probably need 3 projectors and be willing to spend a lot of money. For instance, the most balanced setup under $10,000 would probably be a Runco LS-5 used (2D Only) + JVC RS-55 used + any 3D DLP. The 3 above projectors would give you the best of all worlds for the most part...

Runco or similar DLP for HTPC and TV and bright movies, JVC for dark movies, Benq for 3D...

Good luck with that setup though, the Sony hw50es by itself won't be a match for that setup but it is the closest to sharing a balance of all the traits as a single projector solution smile.gif

None of us have actually seen all the projectors side-by-side at the same time, but Zombie comes the closest to seeing most of the middle-priced newer ones side-by-side (but he hasn't seen them all). A few of us had several of these side-by-side at one point or another to each other. Side-by-side I've seen some of the JVC's, some of the Sony's, most of the key Epsons, some Mits's, the Viewsonic Pro8200, Benq w7000, and a few others side-by-side. In showrooms many more, notably the Runco LS-5 in Dallas, Optoma hd33, RS-55, several Sony's, and others.

I have the RS-45 for dark movies, Benq w7000 for TV, a few movies, and for 3D. I also still have the Pro8200 in another room. I miss e-shift slightly after seeing it, but not enough to pay double of what I paid for my RS-45. The black levels on the RS-45 are good enough and I don't care much about the difference between the blacks of the RS-45 / 55 / 65. I will probably get a Runco and a B-stock Sony next year to complete my circle of projector hell...

The Benq w7000 has the best color I've seen out of all of them post-calibration (well except the Runco is possibly better), and the Sony hw50es is the best pre-calibration and one of the best post-calibration. The JVC's trail a bit behind in color even after calibrating them, but you don't notice it that much on the movies you would use a JVC for anyhow.

post #3267 of 9653 Old 03-16-2013, 04:25 AM

Bummer. After just over 200 hours on the lamp I started to get the rattling sound from the fan that is mentioned already several times in this forum. I bought mine at Visual Apex beginning of December and it was delivered in the first week of January. Firmware 1.03. Until now I was very happy with the projector. So hopefully Visual Apex can find a solution for me.
post #3268 of 9653 Old 03-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Any recommendation on 3D glasses that fit, comfortably, over regular glasses?

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #3269 of 9653 Old 03-16-2013, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 249
I spent several hours testing out the glasses shown below, the BQ 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen + the Optoma ZD 201's.

This is a short review. I don't know how they did it, but BQ has significantly increased the ability to stay locked onto the DLP signal. It's day / night difference vs. the ZD201's. It looks like they built in a timer of some kind because you can hold your finger over the receiver and the glasses won't lose sync for a good 5 seconds. it's like a buffer.

I did all the tests where I could easily lose sync on the ZD201's yet the BQ 3rd gen stayed locked with no issues, I had to really go out of my way to get it to lose sync. (turn head completely to the side for 10+ seconds).

Also they are very good at blocking the red flash, much better than the 1st and 2nd gen models and nearly on par with the ZD201's. My only complaint is that they are too tight. The arms that wrap around the eyes are in my opinion too angled so they dig into my head behind the ears. I think I am going to take a hairdryer and heat up the plastic to bend them out a bit. it won't take much to get them to fit right if I do this.

These are highly recommended to try out for the BQ W7000 and the 1070.

DLP-glasses.jpg
Stuntman_Mike likes this.
post #3270 of 9653 Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

Its the same brighness in smarteco mode. I asked about it many times before I bought it. Hopefully, it last as long as stated, but I doubt it

Blee. . . do you mean just brightness or it will be brighter in smarteco mode in both bright & dark scenes than economic? Cause their marketing says the opposite.

thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

I'll try to take some readings this weekend and see just what variance is present between lamp modes (full field black and full white).

Jason

thanks Jason! look forward to seeing what you find.

I can say, turning high altitude on reduced my fan exhaust by 30F. Though it's noisier I'm sure that might go some ways in extending the life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albero67 View Post

Bummer. After just over 200 hours on the lamp I started to get the rattling sound from the fan that is mentioned already several times in this forum. I bought mine at Visual Apex beginning of December and it was delivered in the first week of January. Firmware 1.03. Until now I was very happy with the projector. So hopefully Visual Apex can find a solution for me.

Sorry to hear that. That's about the same time ours started in. I'm going to make sure I hit at least 300 hrs on this second one within 30day however, it's much better all around than the first.

best of luck getting this resolved!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page