BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 127 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP > BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$

Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

OZReddog's Avatar OZReddog
06:56 PM Liked: 32
post #3781 of 10613
03-28-2013 | Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

There are several sites selling the lamp in the US. Some are OEM and others are aftermarket lamps.

http://www.focusedtechnology.com/ag-5j-j7l05-001-benq.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=19154206696&utm_content=pla&gclid=CKHFspqdnrYCFUWd4Aod_1kApw

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Projector-Lamp-BENQ-W1070-/271135127618

http://www.projectorlampgenie.com/us/benq-w1070-original-lamp.html?m1track=googlebase&gclid=CPKm-eCdnrYCFYbc4AodeXYA6g

I would not be surprised to see even lower prices in the coming months considering how many of these projectors are being sold.

The same is true of the UK site shipping to the US.

Thanks for the information, unfortunately the same issue exists, US suppliers not shipping to Australia, all three the same. Hopefully, by the time I need a lamp replacement, there will be other sources or these suppliers will realise there is a far bigger market out there. Come on USA suppliers move into the modern era and service all of the world, you may like it and the earth is not flat, and you will not fall off.

Interesting that the UK site of Amazon will not ship to the USA.

On the issue of Amazon sites being independent, I don't believe this is true for a number of reasons. Firstly, I do not need different logins for either site (UK or USA) if I an logged into one then switch I am automatically logged into the other. Secondly, we have one single return site here in Australia (in Sydney) for returns from either site. Hence, they are not independent.
peterho3's Avatar peterho3
07:22 PM Liked: 11
post #3782 of 10613
03-28-2013 | Posts: 274
Can anyone help me get 3D bluray working from laptop to W1070 using TMT (3/5/6) ? Using standalone bluray player I can get the projector to trigger 3D automatically straight away at 24Hz. With my laptop connect hdmi cable direct to projector, I just can't figure a way to trigger the projector into 3D mode. I can enable 3D in TMT and select 3D (frame packing) in the W1070 menu but picture is nothing but a mess. My laptop spec is Toshiba i5 with HD5650. wink.gif
brian6751's Avatar brian6751
07:51 PM Liked: 129
post #3783 of 10613
03-28-2013 | Posts: 3,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamd View Post

Lol well for 1000 bucks I can't believe the picture this thing puts out. The 3d is the best I've ever seen, the colors look great and its very bright. The only thing that I will need to get used to is the black levels, I'm coming from a vt50 do I'm used to those inky blacks. I'm hopping my ND2 filter helps with that. I see slot of ranbows in 3d and I hope the filter will help with that as well. But all around I'm really happy, I'm just waiting for my screen to show up then its going into the man cave.

im coming from a D7000 Samsung plasma so i know what you mean about the blacks. although they dont quite match the inky blacks of the plasma, they are very good and the shadow detail, color. and sharpness makes up for it IMO. the picture is great out of the box but a couple changes will make it even better. what screen did you get? i originally got a white 1.1 gain screen but im replacing it with a .8 gain HC gray one. my walls are not dark colored and i like to have a couple lights on sometimes. i got a 67mm ND filter but it doesnt fit on the lens so im not using it.
Adamd's Avatar Adamd
11:25 PM Liked: 71
post #3784 of 10613
03-28-2013 | Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

im coming from a D7000 Samsung plasma so i know what you mean about the blacks. although they dont quite match the inky blacks of the plasma, they are very good and the shadow detail, color. and sharpness makes up for it IMO. the picture is great out of the box but a couple changes will make it even better. what screen did you get? i originally got a white 1.1 gain screen but im replacing it with a .8 gain HC gray one. my walls are not dark colored and i like to have a couple lights on sometimes. i got a 67mm ND filter but it doesnt fit on the lens so im not using it.

I got a 1.2 gain white screen that's 92 inches. My room is light controlled and walls including ceiling are painted a very dark blue that is flat. I had a projector a year ago and already had the room setup for a theater room. I can't wait to see how it looks on my new screen.
Auric's Avatar Auric
05:18 AM Liked: 15
post #3785 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZReddog View Post

Thanks for the information, unfortunately the same issue exists, US suppliers not shipping to Australia, all three the same..

Why not using a Service like Shipito.com ???

Edit: or why not getting just the Lamp for 129 Australian Dollar, from that Australien based Shop? http://www.digitalcameras.com.au/product.aspx?src=myshopping&productid=433959
Lotter01's Avatar Lotter01
05:23 AM Liked: 11
post #3786 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 19
Ok well...time for some kind of a review (for what i worth do try to do one)...First i must agree with everyone that said and also all the reviews saying that the PQ of the w1070 out of the box is very good!.The PQ compared to my previous PJ (Optoma GT750E) is absolutely stunning!..it is like day and night!.First the w1070 has better blacks (even if not the best)..second i found its shadow details and sharpness amazing !.I have tried all the preset modes and the ne i prefer the most is the standard one and i also read in some reviews that it is the most accurate preset mode out of the box..so what i did is adjust some settings (to my own tastes and eyes) and run it like this since!.Concerning the fan noise to me it is not louder then any of my previous PJ'S (this is my 4th).Now about the hours counter i have been checking it very closely and when i last checked last night the count was accurate..i used it 9 hours during all day and before i shut it off it was reading 9 hours using smart eco from the start and i havent changed that setting for all day...the firmware is 1.04.All in all i am amazed and absolutelly glad that i chose this PJ for now since it is working flawlessly since yesterday (i know it hasnt been long yet) but for now it is clearly the best PJ that i have owned and easely the BEST PQ of all...I have owned 2 pioneer Kuro's plasma's in the past and i think i have a good eye when it comes to adjust a picture so fr what its worth here is what i did...Mode=Standard....i noticed that adjusting the brightness to 48 you start loosing details in darker scenes so i agjusted it to 51 wich is high enough not too loose details...Contrats=49...Color and tint cant be adjusted with HDMI so they are at a default 50...As far as noise in the picture i also noticed that the default 15 fr sharpness is way too much for nothing...i adjusted it t 7 and it reduced noise a lot...Color temp=normal.....Noise reduction=3...For color temp fine tuning i tried using the settings provided my some reviews but i funt the picture too dark with those settings..if you go down to 50 something for RGB gain the picture gets very dark (to me at least) so what i did is that i set them all to 100 with offset at 256 for all...Gamma is 2.2 and brilliant color off...Here is a picture i took when watching Hobbit Blu-ray....Notice that Gandalf's beard is not as bright in the real picture on the screen must be because of my cell phone wich i took the pic with...also this is on 1.2 gain screen 106''....Well i know i am in no means an expert and i dont claim i am but just wanted to share what i think and what i did...I am gonna enjoy this PJ for quite some time now and i am very pleased with this purchase!....Note; I didnt try 3D yet cause i dont have any glasses for now i will 006.jpg 129k .jpg file get some soon.
Attached: 006.jpg (128.8 KB) 
jandk4014's Avatar jandk4014
06:32 AM Liked: 10
post #3787 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterho3 View Post

Can anyone help me get 3D bluray working from laptop to W1070 using TMT (3/5/6) ? Using standalone bluray player I can get the projector to trigger 3D automatically straight away at 24Hz. With my laptop connect hdmi cable direct to projector, I just can't figure a way to trigger the projector into 3D mode. I can enable 3D in TMT and select 3D (frame packing) in the W1070 menu but picture is nothing but a mess. My laptop spec is Toshiba i5 with HD5650. wink.gif

I'm glad you bring this up. Today I begin the installation of my video room and I'll be running nearly the exact same setup (different computer of course). Does anybody else have experience with TMT and the 3D capabilities of this projector?
latexii's Avatar latexii
06:34 AM Liked: 10
post #3788 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 32
Gotta love the sharpness of this W1070 .. ND2 -filter fits also pretty nicely on this one ..

marjen's Avatar marjen
06:50 AM Liked: 19
post #3789 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 1,058
So my W1070 is coming today! But it just hit me that I might not have a receiver that can pass the 3D signal mad.gifeek.gif I have a pioneer 1018AH. And i think i just read that I cant watch 3D bluray with it?! Why would a receiver, especially one only a few years old not let me watch 3D blueray, isnt it just sending a signal via HDMI and not doing any processing?
Ricoflashback's Avatar Ricoflashback
07:05 AM Liked: 84
post #3790 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by latexii View Post

Gotta love the sharpness of this W1070 .. ND2 -filter fits also pretty nicely on this one ..

Nice! What type of ND2 filter do you have and where did you get it? How did you affix it to the lens?

If you can - - what settings are you using? Lastly - - where do you see the biggest difference with the ND2 lens?

(Sorry for all the questions - - just trying to see the benefit of the ND2 lens and where to get it.)
07:07 AM Liked: 129
post #3791 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 3,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post

So my W1070 is coming today! But it just hit me that I might not have a receiver that can pass the 3D signal mad.gifeek.gif I have a pioneer 1018AH. And i think i just read that I cant watch 3D bluray with it?! Why would a receiver, especially one only a few years old not let me watch 3D blueray, isnt it just sending a signal via HDMI and not doing any processing?

I think that receiver missed the 3D train by one year. Your options are getting a new receiver or getting a 3D bluray player with two hdmi outputs like this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00752R4QO
marjen's Avatar marjen
07:24 AM Liked: 19
post #3792 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 1,058
SOB. So my little projector upgrade now includes a receiver. frown.gif
jakcosnpol's Avatar jakcosnpol
08:12 AM Liked: 10
post #3793 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 2
Hey,

I'm about to get my first projector and the 1070 is on the top of my list. I have a bit of a problem though, as I would like to place the projector on a shelf on a wall facing the screen. The room is about 3600mm deep, and if I understood correctly the throw on this is only 1.5, which would mean that the minimum width for the screen is 3600mm/1.5=2,4m. Thats way too big. I'm looking for about 84" screen so the maximum width would be somewhere in the 1850mm range.

Other option is to put it on a ceiling mount and bring it closer to the sceen. I used BenQs throwing distance calculator ( http://www.benq.com/microsite/projector/throwratiocalculator/ , btw, it shows no lens shift for the W1070 here?) to see how it would bit. Can some of you guys help me a bit. If I choose the following settings: ceiling/wall mount, set the distance from the screen to a 2.8 meters and set the diagonal screen size to 85", projector (not screen) distance from the ceiling to 0,35 meters (I don't want it hanging too low) and ceiling height to 2.5 meters. Now it seems to work.

Problem is though, that now the projected image (or screen) is way too high, at 1,05 meters from the floor. I would like the low end of the image to be somewhere at 0.6-0.8 meters from the floor. How much I can lower it with the lens shift on the W1070?
Daniel Chaves's Avatar Daniel Chaves
08:49 AM Liked: 84
post #3794 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 822
Oh I also like to report, I have had zero issues with my Onkyo HT-R990 (for the most part its a 616) passing all the sources and 3d to the projector.
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar Stuntman_Mike
10:46 AM Liked: 34
post #3795 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotter01 View Post

Ok well...time for some kind of a review (for what i worth do try to do one)...First i must agree with everyone that said and also all the reviews saying that the PQ of the w1070 out of the box is very good!.The PQ compared to my previous PJ (Optoma GT750E) is absolutely stunning!..it is like day and night!.First the w1070 has better blacks (even if not the best)..second i found its shadow details and sharpness amazing !.I have tried all the preset modes and the ne i prefer the most is the standard one and i also read in some reviews that it is the most accurate preset mode out of the box..so what i did is adjust some settings (to my own tastes and eyes) and run it like this since!.Concerning the fan noise to me it is not louder then any of my previous PJ'S (this is my 4th).Now about the hours counter i have been checking it very closely and when i last checked last night the count was accurate..i used it 9 hours during all day and before i shut it off it was reading 9 hours using smart eco from the start and i havent changed that setting for all day...the firmware is 1.04.All in all i am amazed and absolutelly glad that i chose this PJ for now since it is working flawlessly since yesterday (i know it hasnt been long yet) but for now it is clearly the best PJ that i have owned and easely the BEST PQ of all...I have owned 2 pioneer Kuro's plasma's in the past and i think i have a good eye when it comes to adjust a picture so fr what its worth here is what i did...Mode=Standard....i noticed that adjusting the brightness to 48 you start loosing details in darker scenes so i agjusted it to 51 wich is high enough not too loose details...Contrats=49...Color and tint cant be adjusted with HDMI so they are at a default 50...As far as noise in the picture i also noticed that the default 15 fr sharpness is way too much for nothing...i adjusted it t 7 and it reduced noise a lot...Color temp=normal.....Noise reduction=3...For color temp fine tuning i tried using the settings provided my some reviews but i funt the picture too dark with those settings..if you go down to 50 something for RGB gain the picture gets very dark (to me at least) so what i did is that i set them all to 100 with offset at 256 for all...Gamma is 2.2 and brilliant color off...Here is a picture i took when watching Hobbit Blu-ray....Notice that Gandalf's beard is not as bright in the real picture on the screen must be because of my cell phone wich i took the pic with...also this is on 1.2 gain screen 106''....Well i know i am in no means an expert and i dont claim i am but just wanted to share what i think and what i did...I am gonna enjoy this PJ for quite some time now and i am very pleased with this purchase!....Note; I didnt try 3D yet cause i dont have any glasses for now i will 006.jpg 129k .jpg file get some soon.

Standard is not the most accurate out of the box. At least not on my W1070. Cinema, User 1, and User 2 were. They are all the same modes incidentally.

Without seeing your W1070, I'd say you'd be better off using one of those modes, using Normal color temp, and going into the CMS and increasing saturation for each color a bit, if the colors aren't lush enough for you.
10:55 AM Liked: 84
post #3796 of 10613
okay going from an LCD to this projector, black levels for me look the same or better so I dont have that sad plasma conversion or high end projector that some people have about blacky inks so I am very happy with what this is able to reproduce. smile.gif
HDTVChallenged's Avatar HDTVChallenged
11:12 AM Liked: 154
post #3797 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 8,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

I think that receiver missed the 3D train by one year. Your options are getting a new receiver or getting a 3D bluray player with two hdmi outputs like this one

Would a Monoprice HDMI splitter do the job?

I'd rather not replace my 3808 with something "lesser" just to get HDMI 1.4/3D pass though.
wanab's Avatar wanab
11:18 AM Liked: 10
post #3798 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post

SOB. So my little projector upgrade now includes a receiver. frown.gif
there's a model 330 out for 177 at B&H
teeger's Avatar teeger
11:29 AM Liked: 23
post #3799 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post

They were out of "Red" 3DTV glasses - - so this is what I received. They work great! Also rechargeable - -as you can see in the picture. I got them from Amazon.

I just got two pairs of these same glasses (black) from a Chinese seller on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Active-Shutter-Glasses-For-Acer-BenQ-Optoma-View-Sonic-DLP-Link-Projector-TV-/310611853782?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item4851e8c1d6).

I notice that the included instructions suggest that the glasses are 120hz (not 144 hz) and the charge will last only 20 hz (not the listed 35 hrs. listed in the eBay listing). Can you let me know if the instructions that came with your Amazon glasses show they are 144 hz and have a 35hr. charge rating?

I watched The Avengers with them last night . . . and it is a pretty dark movie. I noticed that the red flash wasn't completely blocked - I'd guess that these block about 85% of the red in the blacks. Interestingly, I put on Avatar to test the glasses and the red flash didn't look quite as much as with The Avengers. I noticed that the default (in 3D mode) had Brilliant Color enabled. Turning this off helped to make the red flash less obvious.

The cross talk was practically non existent with the W1070 and these cheap glasses - much better than with my Epson 5010 and my Samsung plasma. I'm really impressed with the 3D from this unit. Even though the red flash wasn't completely eliminated - it wasn't bad either. I would rather have a little red flash "bleed through" than using my Epson 5010 (with good blacks) but having slight cross talk issues.

Again, I'd be interested to know if your glasses actually say 144hz and 35 hrs. in your included instructions.

Many thanks.

Ian
rwestley's Avatar rwestley
11:43 AM Liked: 70
post #3800 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 6,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeger View Post

I just got two pairs of these same glasses (black) from a Chinese seller on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Active-Shutter-Glasses-For-Acer-BenQ-Optoma-View-Sonic-DLP-Link-Projector-TV-/310611853782?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item4851e8c1d6).

I notice that the included instructions suggest that the glasses are 120hz (not 144 hz) and the charge will last only 20 hz (not the listed 35 hrs. listed in the eBay listing). Can you let me know if the instructions that came with your Amazon glasses show they are 144 hz and have a 35hr. charge rating?

I watched The Avengers with them last night . . . and it is a pretty dark movie. I noticed that the red flash wasn't completely blocked - I'd guess that these block about 85% of the red in the blacks. Interestingly, I put on Avatar to test the glasses and the red flash didn't look quite as much as with The Avengers. I noticed that the default (in 3D mode) had Brilliant Color enabled. Turning this off helped to make the red flash less obvious.

The cross talk was practically non existent with the W1070 and these cheap glasses - much better than with my Epson 5010 and my Samsung plasma. I'm really impressed with the 3D from this unit. Even though the red flash wasn't completely eliminated - it wasn't bad either. I would rather have a little red flash "bleed through" than using my Epson 5010 (with good blacks) but having slight cross talk issues.

Again, I'd be interested to know if your glasses actually say 144hz and 35 hrs. in your included instructions.

Many thanks.

Ian

The instructions are incorrect. The glasses do support 144hz. Probably old instructions. I agree that these glasses block about 85% of the red. It is noticeable in dark scenes. If one is in the market for new glasses I recommend the 3dTV now black glasses at 2 pairs for $58 on Amazon and the 3dActive rechargeable glasses from Dimensional Optics at two pairs for $99. The 3DActive are the same as the True Depth but come with nice cases and are cheaper. If you get these order them direct since Amazon may have old stock that does not support 144KZ.
jakcosnpol's Avatar jakcosnpol
12:12 PM Liked: 10
post #3801 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakcosnpol View Post

Hey,

I'm about to get my first projector and the 1070 is on the top of my list. I have a bit of a problem though, as I would like to place the projector on a shelf on a wall facing the screen. The room is about 3600mm deep, and if I understood correctly the throw on this is only 1.5, which would mean that the minimum width for the screen is 3600mm/1.5=2,4m. Thats way too big. I'm looking for about 84" screen so the maximum width would be somewhere in the 1850mm range.

Other option is to put it on a ceiling mount and bring it closer to the sceen. I used BenQs throwing distance calculator ( http://www.benq.com/microsite/projector/throwratiocalculator/ , btw, it shows no lens shift for the W1070 here?) to see how it would bit. Can some of you guys help me a bit. If I choose the following settings: ceiling/wall mount, set the distance from the screen to a 2.8 meters and set the diagonal screen size to 85", projector (not screen) distance from the ceiling to 0,35 meters (I don't want it hanging too low) and ceiling height to 2.5 meters. Now it seems to work.

Problem is though, that now the projected image (or screen) is way too high, at 1,05 meters from the floor. I would like the low end of the image to be somewhere at 0.6-0.8 meters from the floor. How much I can lower it with the lens shift on the W1070?
Anyone have a clue what the adjustment using lens shift would be in this scenario? Does the 20% mean that in this case with the 84" (W 184cm x H 115cm) screen the maximum vertical shift would be 20% x H 1,15 = 23cm. So I could move the screen so that the bottom of the screen would be about (105cm - 23 cm =) 82cm from the ground?
teeger's Avatar teeger
12:19 PM Liked: 23
post #3802 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

The instructions are incorrect. The glasses do support 144hz. Probably old instructions. I agree that these glasses block about 85% of the red. It is noticeable in dark scenes. If one is in the market for new glasses I recommend the 3dTV now black glasses at 2 pairs for $58 on Amazon and the 3dActive rechargeable glasses from Dimensional Optics at two pairs for $99. The 3DActive are the same as the True Depth but come with nice cases and are cheaper. If you get these order them direct since Amazon may have old stock that does not support 144KZ.

Thanks rwestley for the quick reply. Good to hear that the instructions are wrong and that I have the right glasses.

Thanks for the recommendation for the 3dTV. If I can order the cheaper (two pair for $58.00) from Dimensional Optics I will have to get me a pair. If you agree that the cheap Chinese eliminate about 85% of the red, do you find that the 3dTV can almost completely eliminate red flash and still offer cross talk free viewing? I've been reading over all the posts, and it's difficult to know what's the best bang-for-your buck.

The only slight inconvenience with the cheap Chinese unbranded glasses was the tendency to switch the polarity of the L/R synch. It was easy to simply "touch' the button at the top of the frames to instantly re-synch them.

Thanks again!

Ian
Lotter01's Avatar Lotter01
12:25 PM Liked: 11
post #3803 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post

Standard is not the most accurate out of the box. At least not on my W1070. Cinema, User 1, and User 2 were. They are all the same modes incidentally.

Without seeing your W1070, I'd say you'd be better off using one of those modes, using Normal color temp, and going into the CMS and increasing saturation for each color a bit, if the colors aren't lush enough for you.
I cant remember where and on what site i read this but i tought standard was the most accurate out of the box...i am going to try what you suggested me...thx Mike!.
12:32 PM Liked: 84
post #3804 of 10613
so I popped on an ND2 filter using some electrical tape for now and I have to say yeah its a welcome addition for people in smaller rooms smile.gif
12:36 PM Liked: 84
post #3805 of 10613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Chaves View Post

so I popped on an ND2 filter using some electrical tape for now and I have to say yeah its a welcome addition for people in smaller rooms smile.gif

Where did you get the ND2 filter from? Did you just tape it to the lens - - top & bottom? Any heat issues?
12:44 PM Liked: 84
post #3806 of 10613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post

Where did you get the ND2 filter from? Did you just tape it to the lens - - top & bottom? Any heat issues?

Ebay, I bought a 67mm to 72mm adapter and then bought a 72mm ND2 filter, what I plan to do is use silicon to adhere the adapter to the projector so I can ten remove the filter as needed by unscrewing it but so far both on 3d and 2d it looks fine, gave me a little better blacks and cut down a bit of the brightness.
12:48 PM Liked: 84
post #3807 of 10613
Those using this projector with a Visual Apex "Vapex" screen, I am unable to hook up the wireless trigger as its two side and either hits the casing or the nearby ports, so I can use a normal small headphones extension or even a short splitter to extend it out, it should still work right?
01:05 PM Liked: 129
post #3808 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 3,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

Would a Monoprice HDMI splitter do the job?

I'd rather not replace my 3808 with something "lesser" just to get HDMI 1.4/3D pass though.

Unfortunately no. You need the bluray player to split the audio from the video.

You may be able to run the Hdmi from your player to the projector and then try an optical cable to the avr for the audio. Not sure if that will work though.
01:10 PM Liked: 84
post #3809 of 10613
Quote:

Ebay, I bought a 67mm to 72mm adapter and then bought a 72mm ND2 filter, what I plan to do is use silicon to adhere the adapter to the projector so I can ten remove the filter as needed by unscrewing it but so far both on 3d and 2d it looks fine, gave me a little better blacks and cut down a bit of the brightness.

Thanks - - lots of choices on Ebay for a 72mm adapter and ND2 filter. Since yours works so well - - do you mind letting me know who the manufacturer is or the brand name?

What do you keep your brightness at with the the ND2 filter on? Thx - Rico.

P.S. - loving this projector! I watched a little bit of Lincoln last night before I fell to sleep. Love the "George Washington - Privy" joke!
DaGamePimp's Avatar DaGamePimp
01:48 PM Liked: 169
post #3810 of 10613
03-29-2013 | Posts: 15,593
Quote:

Those using this projector with a Visual Apex "Vapex" screen, I am unable to hook up the wireless trigger as its two side and either hits the casing or the nearby ports, so I can use a normal small headphones extension or even a short splitter to extend it out, it should still work right?

Be careful here as the w1070 claims to be a stereo mini-jack in the service menu and the Vapex wireless trigger is mono.

Jason
Tags: Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector

Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Subscribe to this Thread