Originally Posted by geezerpl
Anybody managed to upgrade FW from 1.02 to 1.04 or 1.05 via USB using the tools published a few weeks ago ??
I and others have updated the firmware via USB. Use these instructions and links below;
A few people asked for firmware update instructions.
I suggest that you do this only if you have an early version of the firmware and are having issues that need to be fixed. One must also realize that if you mess up the firmware update your warranty could be void
Firmware available below:
If one wants to do the update I suggest doing it using a standard to min B cable.
1. Write down all your settings before starting a.
2. I suggest that you create a new folder on your desktop called 1070 firmware in the new folder.
3. Download the download tool and unzip in new folder.
4. Download the 105 img file to the same folder.
5. .Install the download tool. It is called DLP composer.
5A Copy the Flash Device Parameters. txt file to the DLP composer program file (It is under programs x86 DLP Composer) Just copy and paste the file.
6. Open the DLP Composer tool and go to edit, preferences.
7. When the window opens go to communication and set it to USB
8. Close this window and click on flash loader on the opening screen. A window will open.
8. Change the mark to Complete Image Download Put check in Skip Boot loader area Change 59 32Kb
9. On the top of the flash loader hit the browse button and go to your folder 105 img file.
10. Insert the USB cable in the min plug on the projector and into your computer. (Wait for the drivers to load. This should take a minute with windows 7 or 8
11. Unplug the projector and push the power and auto buttons at the same time. Plug in the projector while holding the buttons. The LED on the projector will turn red if you are in download mode.
(If it turns orange do this again until you only get the red led) This is very important.
12 Hit the Reset Bus and Start Download. The upgrade process should take about 5 minutes. A timer will start telling you how long it will take.
13. Do not unplug anything during the process. When everything completes the LED on the projector will turn to standby orange.
14. Unplug the USB cable and turn the projector on
15 You will have to put all your settings back in and turn source select to auto
16. Instructions are also available in the service manual PDF you downloaded to your folder.
17. Only do this upgrade at your own risk and if you are familiar with doing firmware updates..
18. You do not need the service tool to do the firmware update the firmware and write down your settings.
Edited by rwestley - 3/25/13 at 1:18am
If the links do not P.M. me. I have the firmware and tool saved.